ADVERTISEMENT

KF presser like a Seinfeld episode

Iowa football = Not very sexy

elaine-seinfeld-dance-o.gif

Originally posted by TankHawk:
As I read the transcript of yesterday's press conference it occurred to me this is like an episode of Seinfeld. It was a press conference about "nothing".
You could even name it after some of my favorite ones:
The football Nazi- No coaching changes for you!
That's Football-yada,yada,yada.
The current football program- not "sponge worthy".
Any others?
Mike Hlas of The Cedar Rapids Gazette beat you to it. From his column about the press conference:

To say this was a press conference about nothing, however, isn't really
accurate. Although, I admit there were moments I expected Kramer to
barrel through the door from across the hall and start raiding Jerry
Seinfeld's refrigerator.

It looks like this linked PC is from 1/2016 and the thread 1/2015.

I think the PC referenced in this thread would be after getting blown out by Tennessee (part 1).

However, I thought KF announced CJB as the starter for 2015 during that PC, which would have been much more than a PC about nothing. Perhaps he did that separately, but I know it was very early in the offseason to keep CJB from transferring.

Kirk refusing to change anything, just like Newman refusing to deliver the mail in the rain.

Reactions: Tunadog
I've said for years that it would be hilarious if one of the grad assistants walked into the presser with a life size cut out of KF, stood it in front of the podium then played a recording of his coach speak non-responses for any question. It wouldn't take more than half a dozen canned phrases, with the classics "That's football" and "Get a few things cleaned up" covering most of it.

Reactions: ping72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT