ADVERTISEMENT

King Kong Bundy

HIWILLE

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2005
Dead at age 61. 6'4, 450lbs. Lot of these wrestlers dying to young.

Reactions: MSeil
Like many pro wrestlers, he was bitter and hateful towards his peers in retirement. I’m not an insider in the WWE, but based on the shoot interviews I’ve watched, pro wrestling appears to be a cruel business consisting of egomaniacs, backstabbers and unstable, chemically altered alpha males. Makes for some great interviews!

RIP

Saw on Twitter that someone posted the old newspaper clip of him being named 2nd team conference Heayweight for his New Jersey high school. I know he mentioned in interviews he was never a pro wrestling fan growing up because he wrestled amateur and couldn't take it seriously. An entertaining guy inside and outside the ring. His Married with Children cameos were great.

Christopher Pallies was his name, also a two time regional champ in High School.

Reactions: MSeil
I can't speak for King Kong Bundy but many of the professional wrestlers that have died early over the years can probably associate years of steroid, alcohol and drug abuse to their untimely deaths.. Back in the 70's, 80's, and even well into the 90's; steroid and drug use were not managed in the ranks of professional wrestling.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
I can't speak for King Kong Bundy but many of the professional wrestlers that have died early over the years can probably associate years of steroid, alcohol and drug abuse to their untimely deaths.. Back in the 70's, 80's, and even well into the 90's; steroid and drug use were not managed in the ranks of professional wrestling.
Yep... just for the hell of it, I did a search of pro wrestlers that have died in the last decade and many of them were in the early 40s/50s. Hell, even Miss Elizabeth died from alcohol/drug abuse. She was only 42/43, IIRC.

Little tribute and laugh for Bundy before Big Tens? Wht not?

I've never figured out how to link stuff on my phone so maybe one of you more smarter guys can help here.

If you google" Holding Court With A King Christopher Pallies " funny artcle.

Plus Little Beaver vs King Kong video is worth a good laugh. The move called the Row Boat by the lttle people cracked me up and Jesse Ventura at his finest. Funny stuff.

Reactions: honkey69
Most likely more the booze and pills than the anabolics, but they're all going to add up to a problem sooner than later the more of each category you do.

It seems most folks fall under the “it’s fake” line of thinking in regard to pro wrestling. And they’re right. At least as far as punches, kicks and chokes go. Where the business is painfully real is in the jumps, lifts, throws, falls and impacts. Especially when factored into a schedule that adds up to months on the road eith very little rest between shows. All things considered, there’s no athletic career that comes close to matching the brutality of professional wrestling.

It seems most folks fall under the “it’s fake” line of thinking in regard to pro wrestling. And they’re right. At least as far as punches, kicks and chokes go. Where the business is painfully real is in the jumps, lifts, throws, falls and impacts. Especially when factored into a schedule that adds up to months on the road eith very little rest between shows. All things considered, there’s no athletic career that comes close to matching the orchestrated brutality of professional wrestling.
FIFY

I would guess there aren't too many 450 lbers living into their 70's & 80's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT