ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk gives Update on Offensive Coordinator Search. Plans to have OC in place 2nd or 3rd wk of January. Leistikow: Chryst has Best Odds at getting Job

Seems weird to me if that's his reason. Then why interview for an OC position if you want to be a head coach? I've assumed from all the reporting that he was interviewed. Whether he was offered, does anyone really know?

Batman Top GIF
My perfect scenario was Chryst being the OC for a couple of years and then becoming the head coach. That would have been a smooth transition. I’m guessing the reason he turned Iowa down is he couldn’t see the head coaching position opening up quickly enough. I would guess that he will have a head job within two years.

I have been yelling for a month now that the Iowa media has zero I mean zero clue what's going on. Philbin and Cryst were never going to come or were nwbwr serious candidates. The media has zero inside scoop and the football operations laughs their asses off reading this shit. Go back in this thread where I was lambasted for saying this exact same thing. Now it true?? LOL. Announcement lare this week or early next. Like it was announced a month ago. And fire away at me, and next week i will tell you I told you so
Touché.

It’s going to be Budmayr.
Nobody outside of the program (who would be an upgrade) is going to want to come and run Kirk Ferentz’s system.

Like everything else related to the offense, it is what it is.
This was confirmed by the Revelation I had.

This is my take as well. Knowing Kirk, I would bet that he wants his new OC to commit to staying at Iowa for at least a few years. Based on Chryst’s rumored consideration for the Indiana and Oregon St jobs this offseason, I’m guessing he’s looking for a head job as soon as possible.

shit; so, who's left? lol

If the Chryst to Iowa was just a giant head fake as he went after someone else, it's at least comforting to know that Kirk gets the idea of misdirection and keeping people off balance. Now, he just needs to apply the concepts to his offense.

Misdirection and creative play calling are why the 49'ers are so fun to watch. All Iowa fans see are jet sweeps.

LOL

Shit, nobody has a clue what's going on....

LOL. It’s getting comical at this point. No one knows and even players are following guys in hopes iowa picks one of them lol.
I cannot wait to get on this board in 2 weeks once we have a hire and see what everyone thinks. Especially when it’s someone not a single person mentioned before

Since we punt the ball so much, maybe Kirk is looking at a coach from Australia. I mean, punting is the heart and soul of who we are,

Reactions: littlez
LOL. It’s getting comical at this point. No one knows and even players are following guys in hopes iowa picks one of them lol.
I cannot wait to get on this board in 2 weeks once we have a hire and see what everyone thinks. Especially when it’s someone not a single person mentioned before
2 weeks? At the rate Kirk is moving on this it might be 2 months.

it can and it would be. way worse.
No way...the next OC will out perform BF. The final offensive stats for 2023 season. Way worse than BF's stellar performance... 🤓 🤔

Points per game, 132/133
Rushing yards per game, 109/133
Passing yards per game, 130/133
Total yards per game, 133/133

KF wanted to announce all this at the same time as the new OC, but since he bungled that, they’re releasing this partial list of coaching updates now. Lavar should be assistant HC, not Seth - I’m sure that was just a bone to keep him here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT