ADVERTISEMENT

Kyshaun Bryan ........

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Transferring. He wasn't on the roster so I expected it was only a matter of time. Best of luck to the young man.

Three sophmores RBs ahead of him. And quality depth following. Not surprised by this "news". Iowa could offer Jarcardia Wright but I don't see it. Goodson is real good. 2020 Garvin Williams probably main RB target. AJ Henning would be a pipedream for Hawkeye fans. Henning could be a serious playmaker at Iowa, similar to Tavian Banks or Tim Dwight.

We're in the era of college football free agency now. Guys who aren't contributing the way they think they can are going to be gone after the first month, going forward.

Reactions: td77
Coaches will probably check in with Hall and Brock to see if there is still some interest now that a schollie has opened up. Sounds like Wright might be an academic casualty unless he gets that turned around. Can’t afford to take a chance and lose out after Markel Smith out of STL didn’t qualify a few years ago after committing.

I think Bryan has been dealing with injuries the whole time he has been at Iowa? He has fallen way behind and just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel any longer. This is a case where a transfer might be the best choice. Best wishes to him.
Sounded like there was way more then injuries involved. Sounded from one of the pressers that he wasn't doing the necessary work, training or otherwise, at least to the standard the coaches expected of him at this level. Didn't seem to have the hunger. I believe that was why he wasn't on the roster.

Just never materialized with Bryan. Hope he finds his passion somewhere and can be successful. Not sure if we need another rb for 2019 now or just take 2 in 20.

Reactions: David1979
Sounded like there was way more then injuries involved. Sounded from one of the pressers that he wasn't doing the necessary work, training or otherwise, at least to the standard the coaches expected of him at this level. Didn't seem to have the hunger. I believe that was why he wasn't on the roster.
So he doesn't think he's better than those 3 or that magically he won't get hurt going somewhere else?

So he doesn't think he's better than those 3 or that magically he won't get hurt going somewhere else?
I have no idea what he thinks, how would I? I simply relayed what KF said when asked at the presser why he wasn't on the roster. Not verbatem, but basically he wasn't doing the things required to be part of the team, and they hoped to revisit this in the next few weeks. I would assume, that there were discussions with the young man, and he was told changes would need to be made on his part, or it might be time to look elsewhere. And here we are.....

I have no idea what he thinks, how would I? I simply relayed what KF said when asked at the presser why he wasn't on the roster. Not verbatem, but basically he wasn't doing the things required to be part of the team, and they hoped to revisit this in the next few weeks. I would assume, that there were discussions with the young man, and he was told changes would need to be made on his part, or it might be time to look elsewhere. And here we are.....
My bad.....quoted the wrong post lol

Or Jirehl Brock?

He's a clone and there's enough background noise on him that's not good.
We're 3-deep for two more seasons. Goodson coming in is a stud. Positioned very well to recruit for 2019 and 2020.

Good luck to Kyshawn

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT