ADVERTISEMENT

Leading Cause Of Death For Cops For 3rd Year: Drumroll please....

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
COVID!

ABC News reports:

COVID-19 remained the leading cause of law enforcement deaths in 2022 despite the number attributed to the virus dramatically declining.
A new report by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund looked at preliminary data and found that 226 federal, state, tribal and local law enforcement officers died last year while in the line of duty.
Of those deaths, 70 can be attributed to COVID-19. However, this is an 83% decline compared to the 405 officers who died from COVID-19 complications in 2021.
Read the full article. Sixty-four police officers were killed by gunfire in 2022. As you may recall, considering COVID to be a “line of duty” death was hotly debated at the start of the pandemic.

Covid is considered in the line duty?
Do you get to claim disability due to covid in other fields of work?

UNPOSSIBLE

I was informed by the GOP Minions on here that Covid was Over.
Which GOP minion made this statement on national TV?
"The pandemic is over," he said. "We still have a problem with COVID. We're still doing a lot of work on it. But the pandemic is over. If you notice, no one's wearing masks. Everybody seems to be in pretty good shape, and so I think it's changing, and I think [the Detroit auto show resuming after three years] is a perfect example of it."

• Haha
Reactions: Gimmered
Is that because cops tend to be overweight and lead largely sedentary lifestyles?

Cops are props to you guys. Nothing more. Props in pretty uniforms. You guys don’t do dick to keep them safe from guns, you guys don’t provide the mental health resources they need, and to top it off you peddle hokum to them.
Work harder for Team Blue. They are counting on you.

And that make it impossible for them to catch COVID from anywhere but their jobs how?

LOLWUT?

It's the leading cause of death for them. More than likely, because they support Republicans, and believe the anti-vax nonsense and don't get vaccinated.

Self-PWN.

Reactions: SB_SB
LOLWUT?

It's the leading cause of death for them. More than likely, because they support Republicans, and believe the anti-vax nonsense and don't get vaccinated.

Self-PWN.
A new report released Wednesday by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund looked at preliminary data and found that 226 federal, state, tribal and local law enforcement officers died last year while in the line of duty.

Of those deaths, 70 can be attributed to COVID-19.

No Joe, you're wrong again. Still waiting for the link Joe.

A new report released Wednesday by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund looked at preliminary data and found that 226 federal, state, tribal and local law enforcement officers died last year while in the line of duty.

Of those deaths, 70 can be attributed to COVID-19.

No Joe, you're wrong again. Still waiting for the link Joe.

Hey Einstein, perhaps you actually should read your own link....COVID was first, firearms were second with 64, traffic accidents third

Last edited:
Reactions: noleclone2
I wonder what the percentages of cops with their shots and cops without their shots is nation wide.Not arguing about this Just wanted to know. myself I would like everyone to get one at least once.

I wonder what the percentages of cops with their shots and cops without their shots is nation wide.Not arguing about this Just wanted to know. myself I would like everyone to get one at least once.
Seems to me like the COVID deaths per 100,000 for law enforcement is really low anyway. Maybe more people need to turn to Fox News.

Maybe @Joes Place could give us a fair comparison to other occupations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT