ADVERTISEMENT

Lee vs Ayala

Not only would lee tech or pin him, so would many in the big ten at this time. A couple years from now maybe not so much.

Reactions: el dub
I say we end this thread. It’s not just us that read and post here. It’s current and prospective athletes and current and prospective parents and coaches. No matter how other worldly Spencer is no reason to bash our incoming stud.
I was thinking this same thing while I was posting, I was also thinking if it was me reading this and I was Ayala I would use it as fuel and understand that spencer is that good.

I was thinking this same thing while I was posting, I was also thinking if it was me reading this and I was Ayala I would use it as fuel and understand that spencer is that good.
It’s all dependent on the individual. Some kid may read stuff on here and be like wow that’s what they think of me? Or a kids dad could read it and say they talk this way about an incoming top10 recruit? What would they say about my kid ranked 35?

Reactions: Grip220
I didn't say he couldn't start for some other teams I said so would others in the big ten tech or pin him at this time. I would also guess him to be 133# not 125#, Good luck with that hornets nest. Ayala will be very good at some point. So we all get our own opinion right?

I went to WD. We always had a lot of JV wrestlers. Most weights were pretty deep. Lot's of champions at the fresh/soph level when we traveled.
Pretty sure I saw that their JV team wrestled duals against a few smaller schools earlier and blanked all of them.

I disagree with this, I think Ayala could be a starter for most D1 Teams right out of the gate. I’m not saying AA type as we speak, but as a true freshman he could be close.
The discussion has been about Ayala giving Lee a good match now, not next year.

It’s all dependent on the individual. Some kid may read stuff on here and be like wow that’s what they think of me? Or a kids dad could read it and say they talk this way about an incoming top10 recruit? What would they say about my kid ranked 35?
I hear ya, like I said I was thinking the same thing. You get what you earn though!

So I was at the huge tournament at Benton Community on Saturday as my boy was wrestling.

We were talking about Ayala and he thought him and Lee would be a good match.

I told him that Lee would handle him easily. He thought I was crazy.

What say you Hawkeye fans?

I say the boy might be cutting too much weight.

Saying that Lee would tech Ayala fairly easily RIGHT NOW is in no way bashing Ayala.
Exactly, any clown saying parents/athletes look at these boards is an idiot. If they have half a brain they know its true.

Reactions: chuck285
Ayala competing against Lee, and Lee one of the most accomplished wrestlers in the world. Well that's a long leap in logic. Is Ayala the latest iteration of Freddie Stroker? Time will tell if HawkMachine's optimism is justified!

The Waukee kid a freshman? How would one know now that he won't be big enough in 4+ years?

29 JV means 44 on the roster. Doesn't seem crazy for a good sized school in a wrestling town. There are smaller schools out there with rosters just as big or bigger.
While I understand what you are saying his frame is just small. Short and stocky. Great for 106 but 125 might be a problem. Little Ayala has more of a frame to grow into at least 125. Don't know what young man's family so I don't know if he has any height in the family but time will tell. Young man looked really good though against some really good competition.

While I understand what you are saying his frame is just small. Short and stocky. Great for 106 but 125 might be a problem. Little Ayala has more of a frame to grow into at least 125. Don't know what young man's family so I don't know if he has any height in the family but time will tell. Young man looked really good though against some really good competition.

I wonder if you have kids from Waukee confused? Their 106 pounder is not short and stocky, not even close. Their 113 pounder is DEFINITELY short and stocky.

I disagree with this, I think Ayala could be a starter for most D1 Teams right out of the gate. I’m not saying AA type as we speak, but as a true freshman he could be close.
He doesnt beat Lee. But I think Ayala does have a fair chance of beating the #2 ranked Foley at 126. So he may be a champ if he should have to fill in for Lee.

Reactions: Grip220
Crazy if someone thinks Ayala could give Lee a match. Look at guys like Mark Hall who won Cadet world and Jr. World Championships, Hall had far more hardware than Ayala coming out of high school... Hall was far from competing with the top guys to make a senior level world team at 17-19 years of age.. Ayala is great, but be reasonable. The jump is incredible. Lee teched Tomasello 10-0 last December at US National final... Ayala could not hang with Fix, Gilman, or Arujau either. He isn't there yet, and a fully grown man starts with a natural advantage as well.

I'd be ecstatic if Ayala was anywhere close to Lee at this point. That would be incredible.

Fun question: How bad does present Spencer Lee beat incoming freshman Spencer Lee?
I would say quite bad. Spencer was coming off an ACL as an incoming freshman and I think he has developed in the neutral and bottom positions greatly since arriving in Iowa City. I am sure he has developed in the top position as well but he has always been so tough there I think he is off the charts now.

Crazy if someone thinks Ayala could give Lee a match. Look at guys like Mark Hall who won Cadet world and Jr. World Championships, Hall had far more hardware than Ayala coming out of high school... Hall was far from competing with the top guys to make a senior level world team at 17-19 years of age.. Ayala is great, but be reasonable. The jump is incredible. Lee teched Tomasello 10-0 last December at US National final... Ayala could not hang with Fix, Gilman, or Arujau either. He isn't there yet, and a fully grown man starts with a natural advantage as well.
Lee won 8-2

F’in Nickal. Hes the 1 guy I was hoping that someone would of dropped him after a match. Would of loved to of seen it.
tenor.gif
Personally I'm a nickal fan. At least I'm a fan of the wrestlers, don't really care or know enough about him personally lol.

Well it sounds like after the 2021 trials you'll get your chance since he wants to go mma. It might take a few years until he's up against more than cans but you'll def get you're wish sometime in the future lol.

I was there also was a fun and day of some really good wrestling. While Ayala is on a different level than any Iowa high school wrestler he is Not Spencer or in his league yet. Do I think he has potential to be a Great Hawkeye, Yes I do!!! But Spencer is one of those kids that is a generational talent. That's not a slam on Ayala or anybody else its just a fact. Spencer could easily end up on a Mt. Rushmore of wrestling when his career is over can you say that about Ayala yet????? With that being said I do believe Ayala is the type of wrestler that can win 2 or 3 National titles just not like Spencer can and there is nothing wrong with that.

I might add his little brother impressed me as well he was the 8 seed at a tournament with 7 ranked wrestlers from all 3 classes and he came home 3rd. 106 lber what Waukee is someone to keep your eye on as well he won it from the 3 seed and took out #1 in 2A easily. Just don't know if he will get big enough for the next level.

Also how does West Del. have 29 JV kids on their team?????
Well this started with a kid greatly underestimating Lee's talent and it didn't take long for someone to over estimate it lol. The Mount Rushmore of wrestling? All of wrestling? Very very very slim chance of that. Maybe if you said he had a chance, still not a good one, to be on the US Mount Rushmore of wrestling I would of thought ehhh ok. But we're talking four guys in the history of all wrestling here. I didn't know Lee's talent could be overestimated lol but I think you just achieved that lol.

So I was at the huge tournament at Benton Community on Saturday as my boy was wrestling.

We were talking about Ayala and he thought him and Lee would be a good match.

I told him that Lee would handle him easily. He thought I was crazy.

What say you Hawkeye fans?
I think your son just got a taste of reality. Ayala lost today to a sophomore.

I think your son just got a taste of reality. Ayala lost today to a sophomore.
Damn that son of his...how dare he not know the outcome of Lee vs Ayala ahead of time! The boy thought it might be close because Ayala is good..even his dad knows otherwise and decided to start some conversation about it, big deal? Spencer would wipe the mat with drake but that’s besides the point because Spencer would wipe the mat with just about everyone in the world at his weight. “Lighten up, Francis.”

This is a immature, unnecessary, dumb assed post.

That is all.
I'm not following the problem here. There is no ill intent on my part. I hope the Hawks are keeping a close eye on the victor as well. It is no slam on Ayala either. There are other kids out there that will make him look human. It is just a dose of reality. A kid may look all world at times then suddenly reality sets in. I just don't see what the problem is here.

I'm not following the problem here. There is no ill intent on my part. I hope the Hawks are keeping a close eye on the victor as well. It is no slam on Ayala either. There are other kids out there that will make him look human. It is just a dose of reality. A kid may look all world at times then suddenly reality sets in. I just don't see what the problem is here.

You thumbing your nose at some kid and his father for asking a question an innocent kid asked his dad. Did it make you feel better about yourself or are you just a smug prick that likes to pick on people?

You're the problem. You're an arrogant ass who thinks he's the world's best official and knows everything.

You thumbing your nose at some kid and his father for asking a question an innocent kid asked his dad. Did it make you feel better about yourself or are you just a smug prick that likes to pick on people?
You read too much between the lines. I did no such thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT