ADVERTISEMENT

Let Popeye’s Cook Your Thanksgiving Turkey! Wouldja?

Hawki97

HR Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
Commercial popped up today during the NFL games. First time I’ve heard of it but evidently they’ve done it before.

12-14lbs “Cajun style” turkey for $99.
23PLK_8207_Turkey_3Q_960x_1_1600x.png

I’d try it but I’m not spending $100 on a turkey

Edit: sorry. If I’m spending $100 on a turkey it will be OP’s mom

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
What's with all the turkey haters?

Y'all have never had my Pit Barrel Cooker smoked turkey. You would fight me for it after the first bite.

Anyway, NO on the Popeyes turkey.
I’ll come eat your turkey. Maybe stay on the couch for a month or two. What are the squatters rights like in Florida?

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
What's with all the turkey haters?

Y'all have never had my Pit Barrel Cooker smoked turkey. You would fight me for it after the first bite.

Anyway, NO on the Popeyes turkey.
I like both but prefer my fried turkey to the PBC. Sous vide breast is my favorite.

No

• Wow
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Due to some extreme circumstances, we won’t have time to cook a Turkey this year, and getting one from a store, Popeyes is an option. We need it cooked. Open to ideas…

No fun in that. I'd rather spend roughly $35 on a whole turkey and roughly $25 for a turkey breast, and then spend a couple days brining, prepping, and smoking the turkeys.

No

I believe this is all just the "cajun-style seasoning" they're referencing....

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
"Delivered pre-cooked frozen, so all you have to do is thaw, heat, and serve!"

As opposed to a regular frozen bird that has to be thawed, heated, and served.

"Delivered pre-cooked frozen, so all you have to do is thaw, heat, and serve!"

As opposed to a regular frozen bird that has to be thawed, heated, and served.
Most turkeys sold in the store have to be thawed, seasoned and cooked (roasted or fried).

That said, not sure I'd pay $100 for a turkey that's delivered frozen. There are many fresh options available at that price point or better,

Reactions: GOHOX69
I haven’t personally tried one, but I have heard rumors that they are awesome.

Turkey is great….especially with all the Thanksgiving sides.

But yeah….from Popeyes? That is going to be a no from me.

I have perfected the art of Turkey cookery by first Sous Viding with herbs/seasoning. Than deep frying just enough to perfectly crisp the skin. Wonderfully flavorful and tender. Not a dry bite to be found.

The sous vide jus is intensely flavorful and makes a great addition to the gravy.
Sounds amazing. If I get a Turkey fryer that would be the last infinity gemstone to acquire and I could then take over the universe. While I would first need to suffer through my wife’s eye rolls as I add another cooking implement to be used once a year, it might be worth it. Anyone have a rec on brand and features? Also, what bag do you use that is big enough to hold a Turkey for the sous vide?

Sounds amazing. If I get a Turkey fryer that would be the last infinity gemstone to acquire and I could then take over the universe. While I would first need to suffer through my wife’s eye rolls as I add another cooking implement to be used once a year, it might be worth it. Anyone have a rec on brand and features? Also, what bag do you use that is big enough to hold a Turkey for the sous vide?
I have a master built. It allows me to fry a turkey inside my home. 12 pounds or so max but no fire risk etc and I can maintain temp.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I have perfected the art of Turkey cookery by first Sous Viding with herbs/seasoning. Than deep frying just enough to perfectly crisp the skin. Wonderfully flavorful and tender. Not a dry bite to be found.

The sous vide jus is intensely flavorful and makes a great addition to the gravy.
How do you sous vide a turkey? In a hot tub?

How do you sous vide a turkey? In a hot tub?
I have a couple of large clear plastic tubs you might find in a restaurant. Don’t see them in stores but Amazon has them. They could accommodate a Turkey, but if you have smaller containers you could break down the Turkey first, but I would want to do a whole bird if I could get a big enough bag.

Reactions: OrlandNole
Sounds amazing. If I get a Turkey fryer that would be the last infinity gemstone to acquire and I could then take over the universe. While I would first need to suffer through my wife’s eye rolls as I add another cooking implement to be used once a year, it might be worth it.

If you consider crab and shrimp boils, as well, it doesn't have to be an annual cooking appliance. Bring the low-country to your house.

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT