ADVERTISEMENT

Let Popeye’s Cook Your Thanksgiving Turkey! Wouldja?

I have a couple of large clear plastic tubs you might find in a restaurant. Don’t see them in stores but Amazon has them. They could accommodate a Turkey, but if you have smaller containers you could break down the Turkey first, but I would want to do a whole bird if I could get a big enough bag.
I do break the Turkey down as I worry about getting the right temperature on a whole bird plus I sous vide the legs/thighs at a different temp/time than the white meat. I have seen online where people do the bird whole…have not tried it myself. While I sacrifice slightly on table presentation I more than make up for that in flavor. Plus it makes the deep frying somewhat safer - I am able to use a big stock pot because I fry in smaller batches and I only need to have the pieces in the oil for a few mins to crisp the skin nicely.

Reactions: Tenacious E
@The Tradition

Would you mind posting or linking to your recipe, ingredients, prep and steps?

Due to some extreme circumstances, we won’t have time to cook a Turkey this year, and getting one from a store, Popeyes is an option. We need it cooked. Open to ideas…
How about a smoked turkey that all you need to do is carve and warm? Could do that a couple of days ahead, or purchase one?

Moral's kitchen setup for the big day:

493-6-N%20L-B%20(1).jpg

What's with all the turkey haters?

Y'all have never had my Pit Barrel Cooker smoked turkey. You would fight me for it after the first bite.

Anyway, NO on the Popeyes turkey.
This. I can smoke the shit out of a turkey. It’s a beautiful thing. Going to do a test run on my new setup this weekend to make sure I’ve got it down for Thanksgiving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT