ADVERTISEMENT

Let's face it. Iowa has the easiest road to the Sweet 16

but think that their mediocre to below average college football means something come March.

You are right that college basketball reigns supreme in March. You are wrong that Iowa's football team is mediocre to below average. They swing from mediocre to really good from year to year.

It's almost May. Why are we still having this conversation?

PS- As I said in an earlier post, I enjoyed watching Villanova win the championship and thought it was cool to see Coach Massimino and Ed Pickney in the stands together. But it's time to move on from the smack talk.

as008 is worse than Kilroy and it's not even close. The dude honestly thinks St.John's is the best coaching job in college basketball

Chris Mullin was a beast. Other than that, WTF.

This is the funniest thread ever.

Bunch of Iowans talking smack to Philly people about college basketball, and then bragging about their mediocre football team as if we care.

Quality fix on your part. You are correct. I know nothing about college football except that Temple and Rutgers suck and that Penn State molested a bunch of children in their locker room and got away with it.

Im not trying to get into a pissing contest, because we all Nova is good at basketball. But before you talk, you might want to have something to back up your argument.

Hows your football program doing? I find it funny that the Big East can't supply a football team worth anything. I mean seriously your schools are bigger than most midwest schools, yet you put all your stock into basketball. No wonder the Big East is usually pretty good, they throw twice the amount of money towards basketball.

I see NOVA finished 5-3 in the tough CAA and 6-5 overall in Div 1AA!! HAHAHA

Come back when your relevant in something other than basketball.

how is your football team doing? You guys still an also ran Big Ten team competing with Rutgers to see who can lose to Ohio State and Michigan? :p

Come back when you are relevant in anything at all (besides growing corn)

Reactions: Nova69
Come back when you are relevant in anything at all (besides growing corn)

You are on an Iowa message board and you are admonishing Iowa fans to come back to this board when they are relevant? Now that's funny. Even more interesting, Iowa is so irrelevant, yet you are still here a month and a half later. Weird.

Oh, and we grow potatoes.

Btw, how's the Italian wine, brie, and Mozart jams? Please do come back soon when you don't have a tooter hangin' out of your nose.

mikal-bridges-of-the-villanova-wildcats-dunks-against-the-iowa-in-picture-id516700088

Reactions: tomjackleman
Dude, it's June. You really think any of us give a shit about this? Cubs have the best record in baseball.

Reactions: EZ2BJZ
Dude, it's June. You really think any of us give a shit about this? Cubs have the best record in baseball.

These folks are crazy. They know college basketball and that's it. They probably have every Nova game from the tournament DVR'd and are probably on their 50th viewing of each game as we speak.

Reactions: DanL53
These folks are crazy. They know college basketball and that's it. They probably have every Nova game from the tournament DVR'd and are probably on their 50th viewing of each game as we speak.

Woah! :) I only follow college basketball. o_O Please don't shame me on a Hawkeye basketball board. :oops: I have not posted on this thread once until now, but I am crazy. :p Crazy about Iowa basketball!!! :D

If I can handle football fans on this board asking what Iowa's "two deeps" are. :confused: Well, until they make sports forums where one has to pass a sports IQ test to get in? #GreatIdeaTomGetItDone. Until then can't we all just get along? ;)

Trivia Question! What do 22.2% of all one and done college players have in common in the one and done era? John Calipari was their coach! See, I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't been staulki...er, looking at...Eric Bossi's twitter last night.

Yeah, I know you meant the Villanova fans. That's what would have happened to me if I'd lived on the East Coast. I understand them. Hate them, but understand them. Fran's brother played for Villanova!

Reactions: EZ2BJZ
Some really nasty and uncalled for posts by many Iowa fans. Surprised at the lack of respect for a very good hoops school. Guess we proved that point on the court.

Some really nasty and uncalled for posts by many Iowa fans. Surprised at the lack of respect for a very good hoops school. Guess we proved that point on the court.

Nobody is denying that Villanova had a great basketball team. I, for one, rooted for them the rest of the tournament. I just think most of us moved on from the subject months ago and are a little surprised Nova fans keep posting here. It's almost July.

Nobody is denying that Villanova had a great basketball team. I, for one, rooted for them the rest of the tournament. I just think most of us moved on from the subject months ago and are a little surprised Nova fans keep posting here. It's almost July.
It's not like they beat us in the final 4 or championship game either. They are bragging about a damn round of 32 game they were favored to win.

Are all Nova fans Rodney Dangerfield? You won the National Championship.... Let it go.

Are all Nova fans Rodney Dangerfield? You won the National Championship.... Let it go.

Most of the posts are from a message board lunatic/troll/legend from VU using several aliases. He actually stole/borrowed my Rivals username for twitter. Thought you guys were classy and I enjoyed the thread. And I will be honest, we are still basking in the glory of winning the NFC and probably will all summer. As I'm sure you would be if you won the FB title. Good luck this year; in FB & hoops.

Reactions: eyeohuh and UIAhawk

This thread is too gr8 to ever let die. Come on, read through it and realize how funny it is in hindsight.

It's not like they beat us in the final 4 or championship game either. They are bragging about a damn round of 32 game they were favored to win.

We can brag about the national championship game if you would prefer....

699adcb009517ecd64058aebec0227e3.jpg

Hows your football program doing? I find it funny that the Big East can't supply a football team worth anything. I mean seriously your schools are bigger than most midwest schools, yet you put all your stock into basketball. No wonder the Big East is usually pretty good, they throw twice the amount of money towards basketball.

I see NOVA finished 5-3 in the tough CAA and 6-5 overall in Div 1AA!! HAHAHA

Come back when your relevant in something other than basketball.

LOL!!!

Come back when you are relevant in something other than wrestling!! At least basketball is a mainstream sport.

Iowa's basketball budget is $6.8 mill per year.

That would rank you in the Big East at

St. John's $10.5
Georgetown $10.3
Marquette $9.1
DePaul $9.1
Villanova $8.1
Providence $7.3
Seton Hall $6.8
Iowa $6.8
Creighton $6.5
Xavier $5.5
Butler $4.5

Wow, you are certainly POWERFUL. Just like Rutgers and Penn State. Congrats on being so POWERFUL.

Your operating budget is only higher than the three new schools, who are just now starting to cash their Big East pay checks and will quickly hop up to the level of the others.

Congrats on being POWERFUL like Rutgers and Penn State though!!

An interesting note is that you could add up the bottom five big east schools on that list, add up their student body enrolment, and combined they would be less than Iowa. I thought that was pretty funny that these little schools are somehow able to make and spend more money on hoops than POWERFUL schools like Iowa and Rutgers and Penn State.

quality post by a quality poster

LOL!!!

Come back when you are relevant in something other than wrestling!! At least basketball is a mainstream sport.
Where do you play your home games and what is the average attendance? Is Jay Wright really in the mob,like everyone says?

Where do you play your home games and what is the average attendance? Is Jay Wright really in the mob,like everyone says?

We play many of our home games on campus in a 6,700 seat gym, which is a great venue for weeknight games. Easy access for students, great atmosphere. 10 year waitlist for season tickets there. For the big weekend games in the middle of the season we play on Broad Street in front of 20k. Really a perfect combination of big game experience but some on campus intimate environment games. Avg attendance depends on how many games we play downtown, as we usually are up around 100% capacity for the season.

Fan support is quite nice for Villanova basketball. You don't build a national championship program without strong support.

635930149483449866-589993864_Big-East-BB_Villanova__Wells_Fargo_Center__1024x768.jpg

villanova+wells+fargo+center.jpg

Jay Wright might have mob connections. Villanova is one of the most mob connected schools in the nation. Strong academic school, but super expensive, so favors are paid to those who make donations on the part of their children and parents like their children to go to a school like Nova over say Rutgers. Also located in the mid-atlantic with a huge Italian catholic student base (as opposed to Notre Dame or boston College which are more irish catholic).

The mob questions are legit.

Jay Wright might have mob connections. Villanova is one of the most mob connected schools in the nation. Strong academic school, but super expensive, so favors are paid to those who make donations on the part of their children and parents like their children to go to a school like Nova over say Rutgers. Also located in the mid-atlantic with a huge Italian catholic student base (as opposed to Notre Dame or boston College which are more irish catholic).

The mob questions are legit.

Interesting. Remind me never to piss off Jay Wright or anyone from Villanova in person.

I actually jumped up and cheered after that shot went in. It was also cool seeing Rollie in the stands. But, lol, my friend, I think you are obsessed. I am glad you love us Iowans so much though.

come on. re-read this thread. It is an instant classic in hindsight. People saying jay wright plays a boring style, talking about how Villanova has no football (as if any college student in the northeast cares about ncaa football). It is a classic.

Just roll with it.

come on. re-read this thread. It is an instant classic in hindsight. People saying jay wright plays a boring style, talking about how Villanova has no football (as if any college student in the northeast cares about ncaa football). It is a classic.

Just roll with it.

Kind of like the South cares about Basketball then. Same thing, no one outside of New England really follows college basketball year around. They follow it from Jan-March and then its on to football from April-January.

If my school was only relevant at 1 sport I suppose its all you guys got. I just find it funny that its almost 5 months since the game was played and your still here trolling. Do you not have a life? Sorry but what your doing is screaming "attention whore".

Kind of like the South cares about Basketball then. Same thing, no one outside of New England really follows college basketball year around. They follow it from Jan-March and then its on to football from April-January.

If my school was only relevant at 1 sport I suppose its all you guys got. I just find it funny that its almost 5 months since the game was played and your still here trolling. Do you not have a life? Sorry but what your doing is screaming "attention whore".

Only two schools in New England, UConn and Providence, really compete at basketball. It's more mid-atlantic than north of Storrs.

But if my school were relevant at nothing, like Iowa, then I suppose its all you got. I just find it funny that its almost 5 months since the game was played and Iowa is still irrelevant in everything mainstream.

People in the south care about college basketball. It is huge in Kentucky and North Carolina.

I get it, college hoops is a niche sport. Generally attracts a more sophisticated fan than college football or NASCAR, which is why the elite northeast schools and the more high end southern schools like Duke and UNC are into it as opposed to the Alabama or Mississsippi types or the bitter Midwesterners clinging to their religion and guns (Obama rules!)

We play many of our home games on campus in a 6,700 seat gym, which is a great venue for weeknight games. Easy access for students, great atmosphere. 10 year waitlist for season tickets there. For the big weekend games in the middle of the season we play on Broad Street in front of 20k. Really a perfect combination of big game experience but some on campus intimate environment games. Avg attendance depends on how many games we play downtown, as we usually are up around 100% capacity for the season.

Fan support is quite nice for Villanova basketball. You don't build a national championship program without strong support.

635930149483449866-589993864_Big-East-BB_Villanova__Wells_Fargo_Center__1024x768.jpg

villanova+wells+fargo+center.jpg
A 6700 seat gym. How proud you must be.

A 6700 seat gym. How proud you must be.

For on campus games, it is a nice atmosphere.

This place holds 20k in one of the nation's largest media markets and the games are usually on the FOX broadcast station, so I don't know what you are getting at. The National Champions have a plenty fine set up for their fan experience.

Back%20Cover%20Wells%20Fargo%20Center.jpg

For on campus games, it is a nice atmosphere.

This place holds 20k in one of the nation's largest media markets and the games are usually on the FOX broadcast station, so I don't know what you are getting at. The National Champions have a plenty fine set up for their fan experience.

Back%20Cover%20Wells%20Fargo%20Center.jpg

Sounds like the McLeod Center

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT