ADVERTISEMENT

Lindenwood mat assignments

Is there any chance Stoll gets a 6th year? Missed basically a whole year plus the post seasons in another. Or if he is going to even try to get one.

Chief I think most people who are saying pull the shirts really mean to wait til Midlands and see from there but it's looking like the opportunity is there this season hence the excitement.

When one says pull the shirt, that means wrestle them this year. Not wait and see. I get it tho...trust me, I am excited as the next guy. We still don't know what the deal is at with 165,174, 184 to make a definitive call about anything. When we do, I'll let Tom know what to do ;)

Is there any chance Stoll gets a 6th year? Missed basically a whole year plus the post seasons in another. Or if he is going to even try to get one.

“Missing the post seasons” isn’t a factor. He hasn’t even missed an entire season due to injury. Not happening. And we have his replacement already in the wings.

Reactions: SDHN2013
Its not holding him back, it's putting him in the position to succeed. I think Warner has a shot at being a dominator that we haven't seen since Metcalf. Same with Lee. But it's one match early at an open...great win, but not enough to say pull the shirt right now. Let's see how Midlands goes. I can't speak for him but I'm guess Jake and his Dad feel the same way. Coaches have to be buzzing though...like us.
Don’t disagree with any of this. You make the decision after Midlands. I’ve just seen a lot of people saying he’s not physically ready, give him another year, etc. He’s ready to compete with anyone, even if he lacks ideal strength. Miklus is one of the strongest dudes at 197, and he got MAJORED. If the other pieces align (Lee, PD3, maybe Murin), no reason to hold Warner back.

Isn’t he a junior anyways? So he can be counted for next years lineup!? Which may not be your question

14/15- redshirt

15/16-wrestled well, hurt knee late in season

16-17-came back and started off decent before re-injury?

17/18- Rehab is going great?

TnT please for the love of fans do something crazy and let this young talent wrestle! Tell Murin to start treking down to 33!

25 Lee
33 Murin
41 Turk
49 BS
57 Dog
65 Bull
74 Young (more offensive;) )
84 PD3
97 Warner
HWT Morning strolls with Sam Stoll!!!
I was impressed this Friday on Gunther's activity level. Seems to have a little more pep up a weight. Will see how he does against top 15 guys.

Lee is holding his own against Gilman.
No doubt. I was just alluding to all of the development that's happening in our room with guys like Spencer and Jacob, because we all know that the success of elite recruits in D1 has nothing to do with their talent coming into the program. Rather, it's all about development. And oddly, the more elite guys we bring in, the better we seem to develop them. It's almost as if they were super-talented to begin with.

You hit the key things:

Midlands results
Downey???
Stoll (and Lee) stay healthy

Even with Warner we have one match. Yes, he looked good, but frankly Miklus looked like crap; we may discover there was a problem there. So, again, very nice win but let's watch Midlands. Too early to start burning shirts.
Miklus won his first 4 matches with 2 techs, a pin, and a major. It wasn’t against top notch competition but if he was still having problems with his injury I don’t see him bonusing 4 D1 guys in a row.

Joey and Wilcke don't know what they are capable of IMO. The goods are there, they just have to break through mentally and believe they can beat some of those guys.
Agree 100%. As we know, much of wrestling is between the ears. Much easier said than done, but once you truly believe, way deep down, that you can beat a guy, your chances of actually getting it done increase exponentially. It's the proverbial light switch. Once it turns on, big things can happen.

No doubt. I was just alluding to all of the development that's happening in our room with guys like Spencer and Jacob, because we all know that the success of elite recruits in D1 has nothing to do with their talent coming into the program. Rather, it's all about development. And oddly, the more elite guys we bring in, the better we seem to develop them. It's almost as if they were super-talented to begin with.

I honestly can’t even tell when we’re being sarcastic anymore... :)

Lee + Sorensen + Kem + Downey + Warner = ~100.

Are there 25+ from the other 5 weights? Hmmm, doesn't seem like it right now, but let's see what happens at Midlands and whether Downey is eligible. Murin needs to get to 133 and place high at Midlands. Stoll needs to be 100% and separate himself from non-elite guys. Turk...Marinelli...etc.

Still a lot of moving parts, but Warner is doing his part .

When I look at where these guys are taking points from Preen State, it starts to seem more and more possible to catch them this season. Our guys at 49, 57, and 84 (Downey) are pretty reasonably projected at #2, and if we start taking those titles away from the PussyCats, they’re not racking up the points they have been. Throw in some possible finals showings and contending from Bull, Lee, and Warnerov, and we are really eating into the point totals of both PSU and tOSU. And those guys will be cannibalizing pts from each other, too. Does it really still take 125 pts with the parity of OKST, tOSU, and PSU fighting for the same piece of meat?

Then a happy smattering of pts from the very promising Stoll and Turk and I think we’re there. Anything extra from Gunther and even Laux is gravy.

I just don’t think it sounds so improbable when we start factoring in who these Hawks would be taking points away from with their projected deep runs. And the trying is where the f*** really gets rolling....

Last edited:
Its not holding him back, it's putting him in the position to succeed. I think Warner has a shot at being a dominator that we haven't seen since Metcalf. Same with Lee. But it's one match early at an open...great win, but not enough to say pull the shirt right now. Let's see how Midlands goes. I can't speak for him but I'm guess Jake and his Dad feel the same way. Coaches have to be buzzing though...like us.

Exactly Chief,

Great win by Warner no doubt but 1 win does not make a season. Miklus is a new commodity at 197 and I thought he looked a bit undersized/underpowered. I'd like to see a larger sample of Miklus at 197. To me this keeps the option open to possibly make a move later. As good as Warner looks now he will be scary with more bulk and experience. He will bonus his way through a tourney like today and pins will be more frequent. Plenty of questions with Lee, Bull, Stoll, Turk and the pending Downey arrival that need answering. We need all those weights to be best case scenario to have a shot this year and we have a long ways to go still.

First post so I’m sure you’ll take it with a grain of salt. Lee OWNS Delgado in the room and takes it to Gilman. So with that and throw in a top 4 Warner and top 4 Downey are we still realistically in the hunt for a title? 125-141 is what holds us back. I’m sure I’ll get destroyed for this post but hey I’m realistic

I am becoming less of a fan of default redshirting of freshmen wrestlers every year. Going back in time to guys like Lewboo and Lincoln, and others who are slipping my mind this early in the morning, there are compelling reasons to let freshmen who are already on a different level compete as true freshmen. I think focusing on whether we can win a team title, or whether a wrestler can win four titles, are less compelling reasons. Life is too fickle. Injuries, flukes, illness, etc. make winning four titles nearly impossible. That’s why it has been so rare. The univers has to line up perfectly for the wrestler. Likewise, team titles, in this era where we are competing with many other schools for top talent, require a certain amount of star aligning. I say, if Lee is healthy, and he is clearly the superior choice, let him chase a freshman title. He may need that redshirt (for a variety of scenarios) later. Same with Warner. He is proving that he is ready. A full season of wrestling d1 starters is going to make him better - and I’m sure, assuming healthy, he will be in the AA conversation at the end of the season. That would be fun for us fans. I know that I will be excited to watch true freshmen chasing it...

Lee: three things...knee rehab, conditioning and weight management ( have I read he doesn't have to cut much to get 125?). These are all related. If knee limitations the last several months have made conditioning or wt management suffer, keep the shirt. If not, wrestle him this year.

It’s more than 1 win by Warner, it’s two. He’s beaten 2 ranked wrestlers already. The guy is ready.

Reactions: Dagboi
Is this fact or speculation besides the tf of CC crap I really have not read anything about how he really sizes up against those guys.. I would love to know
He's doing very well in the best lightweight room in the nation, and he's probably not yet 100%. Where his wrestling is concerned, I'd say he's ready to rock against D1 competition (goodness knows, his competition in the room is better than anything he'll face in D1). I think the only question is whether his knee is keeping pace with his wrestling. Just need to be absolutely sure the knee is solid and won't be put at risk by a return to competition. So we just need the KNEE to FREE the LEE, if you're picking up what I'm putting down.

He's doing very well in the best lightweight room in the nation, and he's probably not yet 100%. Where his wrestling is concerned, I'd say he's ready to rock against D1 competition (goodness knows, his competition in the room is better than anything he'll face in D1). I think the only question is whether his knee is keeping pace with his wrestling. Just need to be absolutely sure the knee is solid and won't be put at risk by a return to competition. So we just need the KNEE to FREE the LEE, if you're picking up what I'm putting down.
We'll hopefully in the next 6 weeks before Midlands this will be decided!

. I think in Warner's case, the question is what happens to PD3. If he makes the team, he and Wilcke can both AA at 184 and 197 (no matter which slots in at those weights). Redshirt Warner.
If PD3 is not with us, and Wilcke can make 184 this year, Midlands will tell us what should be done

My favorite part about the Warner/Miklus match was that Warner gets 2 takedowns in the last :30 to get the major. He even gives up an escape with :20 and still grabs another takedown for bonus. Something we haven’t seen in a while. In recent years our guys have been happy with a 6-7 point win instead of pushing the pace to try and get that extra team point

It seems to be a Midlands thing to free or not to free that is the question. I am excited either way all the negativity from the recruiting sucked I tried to stay positive and see through it because I do believe this year will be a good one.
This year we have a bunch of ? But the buzz that is growing is intense whether the shirts are used or not we as fans are going to be pleasantly surprised by these young men. I'm not sure which way this will play out but This is the most excited I have been for a midlands tourn in a long time.

Last edited:
. I think in Warner's case, the question is what happens to PD3. If he makes the team, he and Wilcke can both AA at 184 and 197 (no matter which slots in at those weights). Redshirt Warner.
If PD3 is not with us, and Wilcke can make 184 this year, Midlands will tell us what should be done
Wilcke hasn’t shown enough to be handed a spot. If Warner is ready and wants to go, he should go even if it makes Wilcke sit a year.

First post so I’m sure you’ll take it with a grain of salt. Lee OWNS Delgado in the room and takes it to Gilman. So with that and throw in a top 4 Warner and top 4 Downey are we still realistically in the hunt for a title? 125-141 is what holds us back. I’m sure I’ll get destroyed for this post but hey I’m realistic
If Lee’s knee is good enough to own Delgado in matches and supposedly hold his own against Gilman, why isn’t he wrestling unattached now? Certainly would help get rid of rust. I was under the impression he’s not even a full go now.

Wrestling is an individual sport mostly. Need to redshirt Lee if it benefits his knee. Might as well redshirt Warner too. We have very possible AA at 197 without Warner. Basing any decisions on PD3 is fools gold IMO. He could lose 1st round. He could get hurt, Stoll could get hurt etc. Lugo slots in nicely next year. I think you redshirt 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: crapman
In person, Warner looked about 10 pounds smaller in upper body muscle mass than Miklus or the kid from OU. He looked more like a 15 year old next to a 25 year old. He majored Miklus...great, but he went to OT with OU and was close to not making the finals. Miklus looked a step slow I thought and I wonder if he had exerted too much energy in his previous bouts getting all the bonus in those matches. Miklus could have just been running on empty. Might be a different match altogether if they meet in a regular dual. I thought the OU kids arms were about 6 inches longer than normal
229.gif
and thus kept Warner further away. Had trouble getting in close enough to finish his shots.

Warner looked calm, cool and collected in all his matches. Well under control. He had some great defense and smart reshots for scores. Sure looked like he was comfortable on the mat and knew what he was doing all the time. Will be fun watching him the next few years.

So.............pull the shirt or not...............
188.gif

If Lee’s knee is good enough to own Delgado in matches and supposedly hold his own against Gilman, why isn’t he wrestling unattached now? Certainly would help get rid of rust. I was under the impression he’s not even a full go now.

Wrestling is an individual sport mostly. Need to redshirt Lee if it benefits his knee. Might as well redshirt Warner too. We have very possible AA at 197 without Warner. Basing any decisions on PD3 is fools gold IMO. He could lose 1st round. He could get hurt, Stoll could get hurt etc. Lugo slots in nicely next year. I think you redshirt 100%.
I also would like to know more about Lee’s Development before casting a vote “like we have one” and I agree to save the shirts as of now because of the guys that are and could b in place but the ifs are ifs and always will be so I would not base any decision on whether or not a guy could get hurt because as always injurys will happen.
Stoll is a big factor that I dont know if everyone is acounting for equally in this equation. He is lighter but I dont see an improvement in upper body strength like I thought I would with the knee injuries. Im not sure how well he will do given 285 is loaded this year. Also with Cass coming in an castello already looking solid our future at 285 looks better than now.

Last edited:

IMO, fwiw

If the knee is ready, Free the Lee this year. Warner too. Yeah, they'll be better in 2022, but so will we because our recruiting has changed and we'll get more top guys. And, all our guys have great training partners from HWC. I know, I know, this year we only got two guys, but we also got Downey and Lugo. Believe we'll fill 133 by next year one way or the other and LOOK OUT PSU/tOSU/OSU we'll have experienced guys at every weight with the Boom Boom Boom

For those of you that are subscribers..............FLO has the Warner/Miklus match up to view.

FLO had some ads going on the Ad Board yesterday. I saw a guy walking around with a FLO shirt on..........so I engaged
42kmoig.gif
him on some of your concerns about their subscription issues and their reliability.....once I realized I wasn't making progress I just kicked him in the shin and started to walk away.

I sure hope that cute Security person comes and loosens these handcuffs soon......my wrists are starting to go to sleep and my bladder is really, really, REALLY FULL.........
looksmiley.gif

#BailMoneyfor Kwood

Last edited:
I also would like to know more about Lee’s Development before casting a vote “like we have one” and I agree to save the shirts as of now because of the guys that are and could b in place but the ifs are ifs and always will be so I would not base any decision on whether or not a guy could get hurt because as always injurys will happen.
Stoll is a big factor that I dont know if everyone is acounting for equally in this equation. He is lighter but I dont see an improvement in upper body strength like I thought I would with the knee injuries. Im not sure how well he will do given 285 is loaded this year. Also with the Cass coming in an castello already looking solid our future at 285 looks better than now.
After posting this I realized I might have been calling out Stollhouse and thats not what I meant to do. I do believe if he stays healthy he has a good shot at an AA spot and would love to see if he gets another year what he can do. That being said 285 plays a big part in the next couple of seasons and whether or not the Hawks can get back in top.

Reactions: Dagboi

That’s because they are controlled goes where the slightest sign of stress on the knee can be stopped by the coaches. Live, but not live. He’s getting there though.

I’m with you on the redshirt but not going to fight anyone over it. I see both sides.

Reactions: Dagboi and Grip220
Perez2 never placed at, and may not have even qualified for, the California State Wrestling tournament. Moisey is an NCAA runner up. There are bigger issues at work in a 7-2 loss than not being confident or aggressive enough.

Sidebar: I can’t believe Moisey is at 125. Might be another reason it was only 7-2.
Minor Edit: Perez did place 6th in state his Junior Year I believe (2013). Point remains that he’ll be seriously outclasssed by a dude that stuck Gilman in the first period at NCAAs. If I’m a West Virginia fan I’d be like WTF Moisey!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT