ADVERTISEMENT

LOL @ Jamie Pollard. This guy is the gift that keeps on giving. SIAP (Pepsi)

Related to that question, if he went to a school known for putting WRs in the NFL (Michigan, Alabama, ND, etc.), do you think he would be in this position?

I think the big problem with Lazard is just his measureables. He's just not that fast, and he doesn't have great hands. Maybe another school could have developed him more. I'm very skeptical of him being able to put on the weight to be a TE. He's not a naturally very thick guy.

Hindsight 20/20 he probably would have been more successful at ND. The constant staff turnover at ISU had to hurt him. I'm not sure what that would have meant to his pro prospects though.

He was never going to plat TE at the college level. That was the choice he made, and he would have played WR at Iowa. Iowa's WR group has been well below average for some time now and quite frankly he would have played there because he was heads and shoulders better than any other hawk wideout.

This is dumb even for you.

I think the big problem with Lazard is just his measureables. He's just not that fast, and he doesn't have great hands. Maybe another school could have developed him more.

Hindsight 20/20 he probably would have been more successful at ND. The constant staff turnover at ISU had to hurt him. I'm not sure what that would have meant to his pro prospects though.

Sounds like Bryce you are suggesting Lazard would have been a great candidate to transition to TE.

Reactions: buchs
I think the big problem with Lazard is just his measureables. He's just not that fast, and he doesn't have great hands. Maybe another school could have developed him more. I'm very skeptical of him being able to put on the weight to be a TE. He's not a naturally very thick guy.

Noah Fant says 'hi'.

I think the big problem with Lazard is just his measureables. He's just not that fast, and he doesn't have great hands. Maybe another school could have developed him more.

That's a fair assessment and pretty much what most (sane) Iowa fans have said about Lazard all along. He was a great college WR but realistically didn't have much of a future there when talking about the NFL.

I can't claim he would have been more successful as a WR at Iowa, we don't have any track record to prove that. But what I can say is that we've had less talented and less acclaimed WRs get to the same exact point as Lazard is now, so he really couldn't have done much worse in that regard.

That’s because Lazard wasn’t a receiver. And the current clone coaching staff did him no favors by keeping him at WR, when he could have been a legit NFL tight end and not a practice player.
You folks just don't get it. Maybe that is the problem with the hawk coaching staff. Maybe they put players in position to enhance their NFL opportunities at the detriment to the team. Maybe if Fant played WR, the hawks might have won the West. God knows that he had to be a better option on the outside than anyone who lined up there. At ISU, the team always comes first.

Clone QB was busy running for his life as they couldn't run it and receivers were not getting open and sometimes had the dropsies. Their OTs better get rested up for the game in September and Purdy boy better get ball out quick.

Didn’t you get the memo? The only reason all that happened was because isu didn’t play a game the week before. Iowa had absolutely nothing to do with isu’s weak performance. Of course for that argument to hold from clown fans we must be ignore that isu gave up 6 sacks to Texas and had 7 false starts in the Alamo Bowl. Or maybe they can admit what the rest of the planet already knows, the Iowa DL dominated the game and exposed just the isu OL.
Did you get the other memo? ISU actually won The Alamo Bowl. The false starts and actual result of that game are the product of corrupt officials that have conspired to not allow isu to ever win a bowl game more prestigious than the insight.com bowl.

Reactions: HerkyFan
You folks just don't get it. Maybe that is the problem with the hawk coaching staff. Maybe they put players in position to enhance their NFL opportunities at the detriment to the team. Maybe if Fant played WR, the hawks might have won the West. God knows that he had to be a better option on the outside than anyone who lined up there. At ISU, the team always comes first.

We don’t get it? That is funny. We get that a dominant TE is a matchup nightmare for a defense. WR’s can easily be taken out of a game with little to no impact. Just look at the stats Butler had against the Iowa defense last fall.

I know, I know we must ignore anything that so easily crushes another of CyTwins’ piss poor arguments.

That’s because Lazard wasn’t a receiver. And the current clone coaching staff did him no favors by keeping him at WR, when he could have been a legit NFL tight end and not a practice player.
Hah! In other words - at isu the coach’s wins come first and player development (i.e. putting them in the best position for a career at the next level) comes in a distant second. Thank you for admitting what I already knew....and only hope more recruits realize the same thing.

At isu, teaching the OL how to avoid 7 false starts in a bowl game simply isn’t part of coaching.

We don’t get it? That is funny. We get that a dominant TE is a matchup nightmare for a defense. WR’s can easily be taken out of a game with little to no impact. Just look at the stats Butler had against the Iowa defense last fall.

I know, I know we must ignore anything that so easily crushes another of CyTwins’ piss poor arguments.
We were in Butler’s ear all game. We had the seats right behind where the offense was sitting while not on the field.

Butler couldn’t focus just from our good natured ribbing. Weak minded kid.

You ignored my original questions, so I'll posit a new one...

Was Allen playing WR at Iowa St. and helping them win 16 games in 4 years, winning one bowl game, while being undrafted as a WR bouncing from practice squad to practice squad before getting 1 catch in the last game of the season for a team that wasn't in the playoffs the best football career he could have achieved for himself and his team at this point?

You ignored my original questions, so I'll posit a new one...

Was Allen playing WR at Iowa St. and helping them win 16 games in 4 years, winning one bowl game, while being undrafted as a WR bouncing from practice squad to practice squad before getting 1 catch in the last game of the season for a team that wasn't in the playoffs the best football career he could have achieved for himself and his team at this point?
He didn't bounce from practice squad to practice squad. He went from Jags PS to Pack active roster so I am not getting your point. In the NFL, I don't believe you can bounce from practice squad to practice squad without being released from the original practice squad.....which he wasn't

Lighting please hitch a different wagon. ISU has zero draft success and it isn’t because they win a bunch of college games. Double fail. They totally misused AL. And they could cause the Big 12 plays zero D so throwing it up to him made sense. But then when the experts actually took a look he was undrafted. Campbell screwed him over royally to try and be competitive. And lighting I will give you some length on that rope but to ever talk history and Hawk draft choices is insane.

Herky - Psycho Twins is so sick he is asking Hawkeye people to cite him for breaking Hawkeye news. Twins get your shit together. Even Clones don’t care. Jesus you wonder why u are little brother when u ask fans to acknowledge you have info on Hawk recruits. That’s because you follow high school boys at a rival school and pose as a fan u sick MF.

Reactions: Niko13
He didn't bounce from practice squad to practice squad. He went from Jags PS to Pack active roster so I am not getting your point. In the NFL, I don't believe you can bounce from practice squad to practice squad without being released from the original practice squad.....which he wasn't

Ok my mistake, he went from practice squad to active roster for one game and was paid $57K for it.

So that minute detail corrected, was Allen playing WR at Iowa St. and helping them win 16 games in 4 years, winning one bowl game, while being undrafted as a WR going from practice squad to active for one game and getting 1 catch in the last game of the season for a team that wasn't in the playoffs the best football career he could have achieved for himself and his team at this point?

Lighting please hitch a different wagon. ISU has zero draft success and it isn’t because they win a bunch of college games. Double fail. They totally misused AL. And they could cause the Big 12 plays zero D so throwing it up to him made sense. But then when the experts actually took a look he was undrafted. Campbell screwed him over royally to try and be competitive. And lighting I will give you some length on that rope but to ever talk history and Hawk draft choices is insane.
Kujo, you are off base as usual. AL finished in the neighborhood of 3000 yds and 20 something TDs. He was all Big 12 in an offensive minded league and is getting paid to play. If misusing a player means that he holds the all time records for career receiving and helped his team, then MC can continue to misuse players for the benefit of the team. Draft choices are great but if it results in 4th place in the B10 West division, you can have that. All I know is our WR just left as a JR breaking school records and helped his team finish 3rd behind a CFP team and a Sugar Bowl Champion. That 3rd place team just played an exciting game on National TV as the only game on with an $8M payout. Did Butler get misused also?

Kujo, you are off base as usual. AL finished in the neighborhood of 3000 yds and 20 something TDs. He was all Big 12 in an offensive minded league and is getting paid to play. If misusing a player means that he holds the all time records for career receiving and helped his team, then MC can continue to misuse players for the benefit of the team. Draft choices are great but if it results in 4th place in the B10 West division, you can have that. All I know is our WR just left as a JR breaking school records and helped his team finish 3rd behind a CFP team and a Sugar Bowl Champion. That 3rd place team just played an exciting game on National TV as the only game on with an $8M payout. Did Butler get misused also?
You forgot to mention that that team (and receiver) were also beat down by a dominant Iowa defense.

So is Lazard

Ok so I will repeat...

Was Allen playing WR at Iowa St. and helping them win 16 games in 4 years, leading them to a 6th place Big 12 finish, winning one bowl game, while being undrafted as a WR going from practice squad to active for one game and getting 1 catch in the last game of the season for a team that wasn't in the playoffs the best football career he could have achieved for himself and his teams at this point, both in college and professionally?

Ok so I will repeat...

Was Allen playing WR at Iowa St. and helping them win 16 games in 4 years, leading them to a 6th place Big 12 finish, winning one bowl game, while being undrafted as a WR going from practice squad to active for one game and getting 1 catch in the last game of the season for a team that wasn't in the playoffs the best football career he could have achieved for himself and his teams at this point, both in college and professionally?
You saw my answer and it hasn't changed

Yeah I have arrived. Rural on CF cited me. Wow now I can be content. Rural - does it not bother you that the Clones are little brother by every single objective measure? Does it not bother you that ISU was 0-4 last year? Does it not bother you that your spokesperson is paid part time by CF and brags about breaking Hawk and not Clown updates? Does it not bother you that high level donors hate Twins and pulled ads from Looch and Lazear? Does it not bother you your spokesperson is now according to Gridiron people jobless besides CF and his wife and kids left him? Please enlighten me buddy.

Ok my mistake, he went from practice squad to active roster for one game and was paid $57K for it.

So that minute detail corrected, was Allen playing WR at Iowa St. and helping them win 16 games in 4 years, winning one bowl game, while being undrafted as a WR going from practice squad to active for one game and getting 1 catch in the last game of the season for a team that wasn't in the playoffs the best football career he could have achieved for himself and his team at this point?

Where he currently sits on 4th string on depth chart with all WR now healthy ahead of him on active roster heading into camp as of now. 16 out of 17 weeks he was on the practice squad.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/gb

According to the isu coaching staff, yes. For a coaching staff that tries to do the best for their players (i.e. Iowa) - he was a tight end.

Actually, according to the Big 12 coaches. He was All Big 12 2nd team his sophomore year, and All Big 12 1st team his junior and senior years.

He was a very good WR at ISU. He could have had more success at other schools, that's basically obvious. If you think he would have been a better TE at Iowa, you could probably argue that but that's such a hypothetical I don't find it particularly interesting.

According to the isu coaching staff, yes. For a coaching staff that tries to do the best for their players (i.e. Iowa) - he was a tight end.

Actually, according to the Big 12 coaches. He was All Big 12 2nd team his sophomore year, and All Big 12 1st team his junior and senior years.

He was a very good WR at ISU. He could have had more success at other schools, that's basically obvious. If you think he would have been a better TE at Iowa, you could probably argue that but that's such a hypothetical I don't find it particularly interesting.
I find it really interesting, because Iowa recently developed Kittle into an all pro caliber tight end and Hockenson into a top 10 draft pick. Each had far less accolades and fan fare coming out of high school than Lazard. And there is really no doubt in my mind that Lazard could have developed into an NFL ready tight end (with 2nd or 3rd round potential), by going to Iowa. I think it’s fascinating and quite impressive to see what Iowa can do with raw talent...as long as that talent listens and works hard.

Reactions: HerkyFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT