ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like NW is gonna lose

H4wkfan4life

HR Legend
Jan 1, 2016
Apparently when you hug a receiver, that is not considered PI :crazy:

Could be a long day for NW....

Then again they are playing the most talented team they'll see all year, according to the announcer!

The announcer said that they are playing the most “athletic” team up and down the roster that they’ve seen all year.

I disagree with the commentators though. It was cheap and the ref put himself in the position to be contacted, but the Kentucky kid did push the ref’s hands away. The UK kid seemed upset about no late hit was called.

Is that enough to be disqualified from the game? Not in my opinion.

Northwestern player ejected for a nice tackle. I understand wanting to make the game safer but JFC it's still football.

Reactions: dekhawk
No, for ejecting a kid for contact with an official, when he initiated the contact.

Refs have been less than stellar in this one.

Oh. Makes sense now.
So because the ref extends a hand up, its open season to shove his hands away? I didn’t know that.

Great tackle!! Adjusting in the middle of a tackle as a runner jumps in impossible. At some pt refs should use common sense.
"Best athletes"?? Ha. Ky sucks.
If the NW player hadn't have lowered his head, he would have been fine. "See what you hit".

Fitz was not happy about that call at all. Took the TO just to have a discussion with the official. That was a horrible call. Both qbs probably out with injuries but Thorson probably tore his acl.

Why do people keep drawing gloom and doom after one drive in the 1st quarter? Michigan St. was dead last night and won by a ton. Purdue blew it and came back to win too.

I thought he had his arms out to tackle. It’s only spearing if he has his arms down to his side.
I guess I consider lowering your helmet and using it to hit the player in the torso, to be spearing. But, the verbiage in the rule might differ.

I disagree with the commentators though. It was cheap and the ref put himself in the position to be contacted, but the Kentucky kid did push the ref’s hands away. The UK kid seemed upset about no late hit was called.

Is that enough to be disqualified from the game? Not in my opinion.

I'm certainly not a fan of the state of officiating in college football. No consistent calling on things like PI and the rest, and then of course there is the indisputable video evidence....except when it is Iowa at which time we can make a guess that the ball was not across the line (or one of the other,what, 2 TDs that were reversed for us this year - none with a shot down the line that would be indisputable).

However, that all being the case. YOU DO NOT touch a ref in anger regardless of what happens. You don't want help. Fine. But you do NOT grab his wrists and throw them away from you. The announcers have been doing nothing but setting up an excuse for an SEC team in case they lose. Also, we have NO IDEA what was was said at the same time. This rule is just not something that these kids haven't known since they started playing the game. It has not changed, been redefined, or anything. You just DON'T DO IT.

All that said - isn't this a PAC 12 crew? I haven't watched a PAC 12 game all year where I wasn't shaking my head.

Announcers and commentators (Tebow, Booger, etc) are total boneheads

Need a long sustained drive for a TD here. Feed Jackson.

Edit: or just do that. :)

But helluva game anyways. There has been some really great bowl games and this is falling that direction

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT