ADVERTISEMENT

LSU coach Kim Mulkey threatens to sue The Washington Post over rumored hit piece: 'I'm fed up'

I hope someone has told her by now what it means to sue someone for defamation/libel, and how freely the WaPo's lawyers would be able to get into her business, and the business of LSU/Baylor.

Reactions: McLovin32
I hope someone has told her by now what it means to sue someone for defamation/libel, and how freely the WaPo's lawyers would be able to get into her business, and the business of LSU/Baylor.

If she hired who I think she hired, they have. I don’t see her filing suit but who knows?

The whole problem with Mulky is that none of her actions are abusing players or cheating or anything to that level we know of.

Her past commentary cited in this thread does not rise to the level of a fireable offense now and fall short of being anything significant.

She's attention seeking, dramatic, a bit catty, and a poor sport, you could argue. Not likeable.

If the WaPo goes after her on those terms and doesn't reveal something significant like cheating or player abuse -- something significant -- they'll come across as playing games with her reputation because she's not very likeable. Basically... the sort of catty drama you might expect in a situation with a bunch of women. And that would be very unbecoming of a rag like the WaPo.
The Washington Post will bury her. Why do you think they took 2 years to get this together? Mulkey is already scared and it shows.

Also, what makes you say the Washington Post is a rag? They are pretty spot on with their reporting. They nailed Nixon and they nailed the pedo priests. They won’t waste their time on a hit piece if there isn’t something there.

Reactions: McLovin32
About what I expected, a character piece with nothing of substance to the current team. She should have just let it go. Made a bigger deal of it causing it to get more publicity than it should have.

Reactions: BlIIlken2
About what I expected, a character piece with nothing of substance to the current team. She should have just let it go. Made a bigger deal of it causing it to get more publicity than it should have.
TLDR, skimmed. It just summed up what everyone already knew. Winning coach but POS human being.

Just read the article. Not sure what she was so upset about.
It was pretty meh. Turns out she's a hateful woman, but we knew that. I guess I didn't know she'd been estranged from her father for 30+ years, but that isn't shocking given how big of a red ass she is. After reading it I wasn't shocked that she's so controlling she threatened to sue over the article. She hates gays, but we knew that already.
The only shock out of all of this was that Northern would white knight for her so furiously.

Reactions: QuadCityHawkeye1976
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT