ADVERTISEMENT

LSU coach Kim Mulkey threatens to sue The Washington Post over rumored hit piece: 'I'm fed up'

This thread

Halloween Dark GIF by Blue Stahli

To an extent sure. There's alot about her that reminds me of Knight to be honest - both have/had a history of controversial comments/behavior, but got away with alot of it due to on-court success. It eventually caught up with Knight, and imo it will eventually catch up with her as well.
The whole problem with Mulky is that none of her actions are abusing players or cheating or anything to that level we know of.

Her past commentary cited in this thread does not rise to the level of a fireable offense now and fall short of being anything significant.

She's attention seeking, dramatic, a bit catty, and a poor sport, you could argue. Not likeable.

If the WaPo goes after her on those terms and doesn't reveal something significant like cheating or player abuse -- something significant -- they'll come across as playing games with her reputation because she's not very likeable. Basically... the sort of catty drama you might expect in a situation with a bunch of women. And that would be very unbecoming of a rag like the WaPo.

The whole problem with Mulky is that none of her actions are abusing players or cheating or anything to that level we know of.

Her past commentary cited in this thread does not rise to the level of a fireable offense now and fall short of being anything significant.

She's attention seeking, dramatic, a bit catty, and a poor sport, you could argue. Not likeable.

If the WaPo goes after her on those terms and doesn't reveal something significant like cheating or player abuse -- something significant -- they'll come across as playing games with her reputation because she's not very likeable. Basically... the sort of catty drama you might expect in a situation with a bunch of women. And that would be very unbecoming of a rag like the WaPo.
Lol nobody preempts a story about things people already know. Kim knows it's bad and is trying to old election fraud defense.

I predict some pretty racist and anti LGBTQ comments/text messages have been uncovered and they dug deep and got a ton of people saying “oh yeah, she is as racist and anti gay as ****”

If so, it is going to make her job recruiting and coaching predominately black and/or gay women a bit tough.

I predict some pretty racist and anti LGBTQ comments/text messages have been uncovered and they dug deep and got a ton of people saying “oh yeah, she is as racist and anti gay as ****”

If so, it is going to make her job recruiting and coaching predominately black and/or gay women a bit tough.

I could see that

Reactions: noleclone2
No, I don’t think it should be. Nor do a I accept your premise that trans athletes marginalize women. If the local jurisdiction finds the competition unfair and institutes the ban, so be it. If the opposite if found, so be it. Not every social issue that the right likes to promote in its quest for power is a national issue.
Exactly. It shouldn't be political at all. The governing body for each sport in the jurisdiction the competitions are taking place in should decide what is best for that competition and everyone should respect that decision. politics should decide actual important issues that effect all of us not this crap that in the grand scheme of things means nothing. The right just brings this stuff up as distraction because they have no real solutions for the nation's actual problems. And they actively block the democrats attempts at addressing problems because that makes them look bad. It is infuriating.

Reactions: Ree4
Mulkey is trash for many of the reasons you listed, but I’m not sure I would include Brittney Griner on the list.

Griner disregarded State Department warnings about traveling to Russia and went there as they were in the final stages of mobilizing to invade Ukraine. And she took cannabis oil with her, which she knew was illegal there.

By getting herself arrested she cost the United States its best bargaining chip for prisoner swaps when Biden decided to trade a dangerous arms dealer to get her back while leaving a former US Marine in a Russian prison.
Sure. Support the brutal dictator over the American. What did the WSJ reporter do that you find objectionable? What about the other US hostages Putin is holding? I had mixed feelings about Griner at the start, but when the mental and physical stresses she was put under, and we saw the kangaroo court in action, my misgivings melted away.

Sure. Support the brutal dictator over the American.
That’s some Riley-level word twisting there. Be better.
What did the WSJ reporter do that you find objectionable? What about the other US hostages Putin is holding?
I know little or nothing about the WSJ reporter and the other hostages Putin is holding. What I do know is that their chances of being released were at a minimum delayed and were perhaps destroyed by the fact that we no longer have Viktor Bout as a bargaining tool.
I had mixed feelings about Griner at the start, but when the mental and physical stresses she was put under, and we saw the kangaroo court in action, my misgivings melted away.
Russia was in the final stages of mobilizing to invade Ukraine. Our State Department warned Americans not to travel to Russia. Griner went anyway. She could have been safe and sound in Phoenix, making commercials for Nike while preparing for the next WNBA season. Instead she chose to defy travel warnings to go play basketball for a team owned by one of Putin’s buddies. And she took cannabis oil with her even though cannabis oil is highly illegal there.

Griner didn’t deserve everything that happened to her, but her decisions and her actions resulted in serious consequences for not just her but several other Americans who saw their chances of getting back home diminished. She’s neither a hero nor a martyr.

Whatever gets her fired and keeps LSU from beating Iowa works for me.

Interesting…you have expressed on these boards a nativist anti- immigration position whiled Kennedy wants to expand immigration. His health care platform is limited to anti-vax. Thought you claimed to be in favor of vax.
He's voting Trump. He just doesn't want to admit it.

"Reporters who give a megaphone to a one-sided embellished version of things aren’t trying to tell the truth. They’re trying to sell newspapers and feed the click machine. This is exactly why people don’t trust journalists and the media anymore. It’s these kinds of sleazy tactics and hatchet jobs that people are just tired of. I’m fed up."

I hope they write it. She'll get her ass handed to her in court.
Awwwww, another thin-skinned libby 😂

Seriously, why do libbies like you loathe differing viewpoints entering the arena?

You guys really want a bubble. It's sad.
Why can't right-wingers express themselves without name-calling or pejorative? We aren't thin-skinned. We don't take things right-wingers say at face value. Most Trump supporters pass off their options as fact.

I look at HROT and I see a mob.
You like your "mob" culture when it fits your perogative. When it doesn't you set up crazy hurdles to meet your standards. Like saying you are going to wait on a Judge for a case to determine if the state violated rights in the gambling investigation. Even after the prosecution has stated "pursuing charges is no longer in the interest of Justice." They picked up the lawyers tabs - and the Judge accepted the motion (looks like the Judge did make a determination LOL). In this case Mulkey is acting very similarly. If it is not factual, sue.

Last edited:
Reactions: sober_teacher
You like your "mob" culture when it fits your perogative. When it doesn't you set up crazy hurdles to meet your standards. Like saying you are going to wait on a Judge for a case to determine if the state violated rights in the gambling investigation. Even after the prosecution has stated "pursing charges is no longer in the interest of Justice." They picked up the lawyers tabs - and the Judge accepted the motion (looks like the Judge did make a determination LOL). In this case Mulkey is acting very similarly. If it is not factual, sue.

You're obsessed. You should get that checked out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT