ADVERTISEMENT

LSU coach Kim Mulkey threatens to sue The Washington Post over rumored hit piece: 'I'm fed up'

There are a lot of assumptions being made by KIm's faction.

I do wonder if this is a profile piece or an expose?

My guess and it's only a guess, is that his is a profile story. Such a story two years in the making by an institution like WAPO, would be a piece that paints a complicated picture. There would be flattering and unflattering topics. She is a successful coach with flaws that make her polarizing.

A Bobby Knight kind of character that people would want to know more about. There are a lot of players that would have taken a bullet for for coach Knight. That may come out as well.

The fact that she seems to believe this story could bring her down is interesting.
Not sure she believes it could bring her down, she may be really sensitive about getting attention in the media, particularly negative.

The guy doing it seems like a political lefty and fits in with the tenor of WaPo... wouldn't be surprised to see it be pretty negative.

The knockout comment was in reference to anyone saying Baylor wasn’t a good institution. Sorry but a good institution doesn’t allow or overlook something like this, And then think any criticism towards it is allowed to be met with violence. The lady has several screws lose. And seems dismissive of the victims. Everyone needs to move on. This isn’t as if it happened a decade ago. The investigation wasn’t even concluded yet.
Mulky's obvious point was that this isn't all Baylor is about, that she'd feel safe sending her daughters there, and that it was a problem but not representative of the school itself.

The media has a feeding frenzy on stories like these and gets carried away. It's the excess that's the issue, not the condemnation of the problem.

Again, I have posted this many times, your party continues to make this a national issue and projects this view on Democrats—likely as an excuse to vote for Trump as you have stated.
It’s a common sense issue to run with if the other party is wishy washy or pro trans guys in sports. Not many issues in either parties platform has the kind of common sense and support that keeping women’s sports just for women does.

Reactions: Colonoscopy
Mulky's obvious point was that this isn't all Baylor is about, that she'd feel safe sending her daughters there, and that it was a problem but not representative of the school itself.

The media has a feeding frenzy on stories like these and gets carried away. It's the excess that's the issue, not the condemnation of the problem.
Sorry, perhaps not wanting to have excesses of spotlight should be a good deterrent of doing the wrong thing. She‘d have a point if a significant amount of time had passed. But it hadn’t. When institutions reputations are placed above the individual. They have earned every bit of bad press they get. Joe Pa and Sandusky helped improve the lives of thousands of young men. But similar to Baylor that good doesn’t outweigh when they have fallen horribly short of their supposed values.
Baylor is supposed to be a Christian Protestant mission institution. And PSU was a Christian Catholic Institution.
If they don’t like it maybe they need to get over it.

It’s a common sense issue to run with if the other party is wishy washy or pro trans guys in sports. Not many issues in either parties platform has the kind of common sense and support that keeping women’s sports just for women does.
Again, your platitude has nothing to do with my post. It’s a local issue. Your party is making it a national issue—because you like to pick and choose what are local issues. National legislation is nonsensical.

I get why this is a national issue. It’s easy. Doesn’t take a lot of brain power or empathy.

Reactions: Ree4 and nelly02
Again, your platitude has nothing to do with my post. It’s a local issue. Your party is making it a national issue—because you like to pick and choose what are local issues. National legislation is nonsensical.

I get why this is a national issue. It’s easy. Doesn’t take a lot of brain power or empathy.
Because they want to win, I’m voting for RFK Jr. anyway. I don’t think civil rights is a local issue, and this is an infringement. If the democrats want to fight against it as party, which it seems they do, it becomes a millstone around the neck of Democrats. Much like abortion for republicans

Because they want to win, I’m voting for RFK Jr. anyway. I don’t think civil rights is a local issue, and this is an infringement.
That’s nonsensical. You have done 0 research on RFK, Jr. or what he stands for or his positions

Here…you have stated here that you have competed in body building and you have also stated you have taken steroids and muscle enhancing. You have competed against contestants that are natural. You don’t seem to have a problem with that contest. But you transpose that issue on a local issue involving trans-athletes. Are you steadfast because of the unfair advantage or because it involves transpeople. Because a it appears you don’t mind the chemical advantage.

Reactions: Ree4 and nelly02
Because they want to win, I’m voting for RFK Jr. anyway. I don’t think civil rights is a local issue, and this is an infringement. If the democrats want to fight against it as party, which it seems they do, it becomes a millstone around the neck of Democrats. Much like abortion for republicans
So you are throwing away your vote. Got it.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke

The issue is of national interest -- i.e. lots of people are talking about it -- and so they're capitalizing on it. (yes, they also contribute to its topical popularity)

The left enjoyed talking about gender issues in general and so did the public. Their media reflected this. The same can be said LGBTQ issues.

Hardly any of the attention given to the issues were for anything to do with legislation at the federal (national) level. They were of cultural interest and the respective political parties capitalized.

The same with the race topic. Lots of political points being scored by both parties, but not because race is a juicy issue federally. We're not voting on anything.

Welcome to national politics in the digital age, where cultural divides are exploited to the hilt in the poli-media machine. We've been awash in this stuff for the last decade.

As you said- and it makes sense to me- it’s a local issue that the sports governing body could address as it comes up- which seems pretty rare.

If that governing body rules against it, then it could get escalated I assume?

Is the core argument- not a lawyer you are- does a trans person have discrimination rights of their new/current gender?

That’s nonsensical. You have done 0 research on RFK, Jr. or what he stands for or his positions

Here…you have stated here that you have competed in body building and you have also stated you have taken steroids and muscle enhancing. You have competed against contestants that are natural. You don’t seem to have a problem with that contest. But you transpose that issue on a local issue involving trans-athletes. Are you steadfast because of the unfair advantage or because it involves transpeople. Because a it appears you don’t mind the chemical advantage.
I didn’t compete in a natural show. I used Test, because I was on TRT anyway. Many if not the majority of contestants in my show used both Test at a higher level, and used compounds i am not willing to use, Tren, Deca, and Winny. I won’t compete in a natural show because it’s cheating.

I think RFK is great on Wall Street regulation, environmental regulations, and is moderate on social issues. Consider it a vote against the 2 party system.

I didn’t compete in a natural show. I used Test, because I was on TRT anyway. Many if not the majority of contestants in my show used both Test at a higher level, and used compounds i am not willing to use, Tren, Deca, and Winny. I won’t compete in a natural show because it’s cheating.

I think RFK is great on Wall Street regulation, environmental regulations, and is moderate on social issues. Consider it a vote against the 2 party system.
What is RFK platform on Wall Street regulation?

Reese has been dramatic all game, cherry picking, and when MTSU center fouled out on a drama Reese call....she did her waive "bye bye" again.

Also don't understand how anyone finds her attractive.

Reactions: Ree4
Yes, again, in think he’s odd but bright. He won’t win, but in this election, no one does
But if you are in favor of those policies, ie raising minimum wage, etc. why would you think Biden was not moving your favored agenda forward. He’s addressing student loans and predatory schools, has proposed raising minimum wage numerous times, proposed raising the tax rate and corporate tax rate

But if you are in favor of those policies, ie raising minimum wage, etc. why would you think Biden was not moving your favored agenda forward. He’s addressing student loans and predatory schools, has proposed raising minimum wage numerous times, proposed raising the tax rate and corporate tax rate
Border, immigration, healthcare

She should have been tossed. The officiating crew was on the take.
No, just incompetent. They were pretty awful across the board in the first half. What they were, was that they were intimidated by her.
Reese has been dramatic all game, cherry picking, and when MTSU center fouled out on a drama Reese call....she did her waive "bye bye" again.

Also don't understand how anyone finds her attractive.
To be fair - I think she's alot like alot of male athletes where I think you think she's great if she's on your team, and you hate her if she's not.

There's a weird sports double standard going on in women's hoops in general where if Curry, Lebron or whoever does it, people shrug it off...but if a woman does it, it's just awful.

Case in point - remember the OSU postgame - when a charging fan knocked Clark to the ground? people legit claimed she was "selling it" for some reason. Filipkowski for Duke gets knocked down and tweaks his ankle, and everyone blamed the fan.

No, just incompetent. They were pretty awful across the board in the first half. What they were, was that they were intimidated by her.

To be fair - I think she's alot like alot of male athletes where I think you think she's great if she's on your team, and you hate her if she's not.

There's a weird sports double standard going on in women's hoops in general where if Curry, Lebron or whoever does it, people shrug it off...but if a woman does it, it's just awful.

Case in point - remember the OSU postgame - when a charging fan knocked Clark to the ground? people legit claimed she was "selling it" for some reason. Filipkowski for Duke gets knocked down and tweaks his ankle, and everyone blamed the fan.

Trust me, I've called Lebron the worst flopper of all time.

I think some of that double standard extends to Mulky

Interesting…you have expressed on these boards a nativist anti- immigration position whiled Kennedy wants to expand immigration. His health care platform is limited to anti-vax. Thought you claimed to be in favor of vax.
I am in favor, but not of mandated covid vaccine, he isn’t going to charge policy anyway, no power to.

You ever go to Iowa games. Orther

Stands on the court and screams at refs.

Defended Art Briles and said people critical of him should be “punched in the face”.

Is homophobic and told players at Baylor not to come out. Tried to get a ESPN reporter fired for talking about it.

Turned her back on Brittney Grier when she was held in Russia.

Didn’t want COVID testing during the 2021 Final Four.

Throws players under the bus and never takes accountability for anything.

What do you like about her?
Probably, how she dresses.

I am in favor, but not of mandated covid vaccine, he isn’t going to charge policy anyway, no power to.
Of course he would and he can change vaccine policy. Nevertheless, his stated policy is to ban all vaccines- he believed vaccines cause autism and other developmental issues. If you are are against that, and his economic policies mirror Biden — why are you going to write in RFK

Reactions: Ree4 and noleclone2
I think that most people believe that trans athletes participating in sports is not a national issue, but a large faction of the GOP want it to be. It’s a local issue and should be decided locally.
I consider myself a conservative, not a GOP. I agree with this entire post. I don't want any Federal laws allowing it or banning it. Let each state make that decision for themselves.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I think some of that double standard extends to Mulky
To an extent sure. There's alot about her that reminds me of Knight to be honest - both have/had a history of controversial comments/behavior, but got away with alot of it due to on-court success. It eventually caught up with Knight, and imo it will eventually catch up with her as well.

Lets get the politics back to another thread. R's D's Indies, can all unite and say Mulkey is trash.

I can't remember who posted it, but saying she buys her clothes from TJ Max is my first 2024 nomination for POTY

Of course he would and he can change vaccine policy. Nevertheless, his stated policy is to ban all vaccines- he believed vaccines cause autism and other developmental issues. If you are are against that, and his economic policies mirror Biden — why are you going to write in RFK
He wants to first stop illegal immigration. Again it’s a vote against the two party system even though you can view it as a throw away vote. If Trump wasn’t a criminal and treasonous cocksucking liar, I would vote for him

"Reporters who give a megaphone to a one-sided embellished version of things aren’t trying to tell the truth. They’re trying to sell newspapers and feed the click machine. This is exactly why people don’t trust journalists and the media anymore. It’s these kinds of sleazy tactics and hatchet jobs that people are just tired of. I’m fed up."

Psycho

You ever go to Iowa games. Orther

Stands on the court and screams at refs.

Defended Art Briles and said people critical of him should be “punched in the face”.

Is homophobic and told players at Baylor not to come out. Tried to get a ESPN reporter fired for talking about it.

Turned her back on Brittney Grier when she was held in Russia.

Didn’t want COVID testing during the 2021 Final Four.

Throws players under the bus and never takes accountability for anything.

What do you like about her?
A true MAGA believer and pos...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT