ADVERTISEMENT

Lt. Byrd (since promoted to Captain), claimed he was being shot at; Doctor tending to Ashli Babbit was shoved aside by Capital Police, and other ...

@RileyHawk

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Post 275. Take the loss, simpleton.

I disagree. I’ll wait for the next cop shooting thread and see I guess. Hopefully I have to wait a while.
BTW, this is why you were mad at me. I will never shed a tear for her. She got exactly what she deserved when she tried to take over our government that day.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
BTW, this is why you were mad at me. I will never shed a tear for her. She got exactly what she deserved when she tried to take over our government that day.
Is this what we quarreled over? I mean surely I disagree with you, but we must have taken it to another level?

Either way we made up remember!

Reactions: runkpanole
Generally, this board tends to side with the victims, and not the cops, to the shootings posted here. Very much so there’s an acronym (acab?) for it. Generally don’t trust cops.

Conversely, for Babbit/Jan 6th- those cops were hero’s. Back the blue.

Feels very partisan driven is all. Just my observation.
No, not at all. People here and in society question misuse of force, and coverups. AB chose poorly. She was an active threat, and had moved past numerous defense lines as the mob literally smashed through windows and doors, and ignored commmands. Thats a far cry from someone being choked out on the rumor of a fake $20, or what happened in Memphis to that kid set upon by a crew, who then lied about what had happened.
Don’t go full Tucker.

Reactions: RileyHawk
The hole in your story is you don't know if she observed anyone with a gun and you don't know if she heard anyone yell that a gun was present.

There’s no “hole in [my] story.” My explanation is as clear as the video of the incident.

Unless she was suffering from some sort of mental shortcoming (other than cult worship), she knew that she was trying to access where Congress was presiding. She knew that Congress is protected by armed guards. She knew that the doors were locked. She knew that the doors were barricaded. She knew that her fellow MAGA/QAnon “warriors” were breaking glass on the doors. And she knowingly and willingly crawled through the broken glass to enter that area of the Capitol.

She wasn’t deaf. She wasn’t wearing noise cancelling headphones. If “he’s got a gun” could be clearly be picked up on the video’s audio - being yelled by 3 or 4 people - then she could hear it.

She wasn’t blind. The person’s arm could be seen. The gun was easily seen.

The only people with holes “in their stories” are the MAGA and QAnon folks who’ve twisted themselves into a pretzel trying to proclaim that 1/6/20 was peaceful, was “invited,” was a “false flag” or was no different than Capitol tours on an ordinary day.

Ashli Babbit was killed because she was the only person stupid enough to think that it was OK to climb through the broken glass into an area of the Capitol protected by armed guards in the midst of a violent and destructive riot.

It’s. That. Simple.

She bought into the “where we go one, we go all” nonsense and never had the chance to see that her MAGA and QAnon brothers and sisters decided that they weren’t going where she went.

Reactions: hawkbirch
I don’t know. This board normally finds overzealous cops awful people when they shoot/kill people “breaking the law/ “fafo situations”.

I find the switcharoo of that application here interesting.

Babbit was breaking the law I think, but I’m not sure that’s a death sentence. 🤷
Her attack on the Capital made her death “justified”...just as a bank robber might be shot/killed in the commission of robbing a bank. She put herself in this position. She could have withdrawn but chose not to. She “lunged” forward and the Security personnel fired his weapon. She made a bad choice...and she is dead. Much like people know they shouldn’t jay-walk across a busy street..she should have known better.

Reactions: runkpanole
So the consensus is: She was breaking the law and thus deserved to die.

OK, I'm kinda OK with that.

But the next time some black kid in a Democrat city has something hanging from his mirror and ends up getting killed... we can just say he was breaking the law, right?

I wasn't aware there was a hierarchy of laws where you can break this one but not that one.

Dem the rules now...

But be careful what you ask for.

But the next time some black kid in a Democrat city has something hanging from his mirror and ends up getting killed... we can just say he was breaking the law, right?

I wasn't aware there was a hierarchy of laws where you can break this one but not that one.

Dem the rules now...

That’s not what was said but I’m not surprised that’s what you took from it.

Dem the rules now...

Derp

No

The consensus is she posed a lethal threat to member of Congress and Congressional staff, and had to be mitigated.

$0.25 bullet is a pretty cheap mitigation, and the rest of the idiots said "NOPE" after she got her brains blown out.

Reactions: funksouljon
There’s no “hole in [my] story.” My explanation is as clear as the video of the incident.

Unless she was suffering from some sort of mental shortcoming (other than cult worship), she knew that she was trying to access where Congress was presiding. She knew that Congress is protected by armed guards. She knew that the doors were locked. She knew that the doors were barricaded. She knew that her fellow MAGA/QAnon “warriors” were breaking glass on the doors. And she knowingly and willingly crawled through the broken glass to enter that area of the Capitol.

She wasn’t deaf. She wasn’t wearing noise cancelling headphones. If “he’s got a gun” could be clearly be picked up on the video’s audio - being yelled by 3 or 4 people - then she could hear it.

The only people with holes “in their stories” are the MAGA and QAnon folks who’ve twisted themselves into a pretzel trying to proclaim that 1/6/20 was peaceful, was “invited,” was a “false flag” or was no different than Capitol tours on an ordinary day.

Ashli Babbit was killed because she was the only person stupid enough to think that it was OK to climb through the broken glass into an area of the Capitol protected by armed guards in the midst of a violent and destructive riot.

It’s. That. Simple.

She bought into the “where we go one, we go all” nonsense and never had the chance to see that her MAGA and QAnon brothers and sisters decided that they weren’t going where she went.
In other words you're just guessing.

Does minor vandalism (breaking a window) rise to the level to warrant being shot dead by someone laying in wait around a corner?

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin

Dem the rules now...

It takes a special kind of idiocy to equate breaking through the window of a barricaded door to get to the floor of Congress as part of a rioting mob with a minor traffic violation.

Not surprising though, coming from you.

Reactions: Joes Place

It’s. That. Simple.

One minor correction - there were a lot of people stupid enough to think they could go through that broken window, Babbitt was the first one to try and found out how stupid it was.

In other words you're just guessing.

This coming from a person who is adamantly arguing, despite video evidence to the contrary, that Ashli Babbit is the victim of an ambush. Do share . . . where's the evidence that she didn't hear the "he's got a gun comments" and didn't see the person's arm holding the handgun?

I suggest looking up the definition of the term "projection."

Among the two of us, I'm comfortable in my conclusions as to which one is suspending logic and rational belief . . .

The GOP, MAGA and QAnon’s hijacking of what Jesus Christ actually stood for and putting DT Barnum on the same footing as Christ bewilders me.

What an indictment of the current state of evangelical Christianity.

That doesn’t surprise me in the least bit. Evangelical Christian has been 80% a political movement since the 80’s and Jerry Falwell. They use the darkest part of Christianity (hatred, division, etc) as cover for their hate based politics. That Trump is the opposite of a loving Christian is irrelevant; he spouts the same hatred that they feel. That’s all that matters.

@TennNole17
Maybe I am wrong, but are you the poster who swore he has bunches of friends who voted for Trump twice, but say they won't vote for him a 3rd time? Where are they at as Trump crushes his rivals in the primary polling? Do they starting to talk about 1/6 hostages, and lie about what happened to AB?

Reactions: artradley
@TennNole17
Maybe I am wrong, but are you the poster who swore he has bunches of friends who voted for Trump twice, but say they won't vote for him a 3rd time? Where are they at as Trump crushes his rivals in the primary polling? Do they starting to talk about 1/6 hostages, and lie about what happened to AB?
One is still deep into Trump. The others are talking about DeSantis and Vivek, when not bitching about CFB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT