ADVERTISEMENT

Lt. Byrd (since promoted to Captain), claimed he was being shot at; Doctor tending to Ashli Babbit was shoved aside by Capital Police, and other ...

Would there be hundreds of cops inside with me?
No; the angry, black mob would have already overwhelmed them, and are now smashing thru your window, claiming they are going to hang your wife.

They got past the line of cops an hour ago.

So murder all political opponents and their supporters. got it.

She was warned multiple times as were the others. The Congressional Chamber is considered hollowed and protected as such. The insurrectionists were forcibly entering it. It is fortunate only civilian casualty resulted in this incident.

The reality is the insurrection is the issue. The Capitol of the United States was attacked to prevent the transfer of power of a presidential election.

What am I lying about?

After 3 years why are you still defending the insurrectionists? I assume you didn't watch any news of the 1000's of rioters on the steps or inside the Capitol. Or you believe those Orange Turd signs were carried by Antifa and FBI agents. Nah, you're not that dum........

And all the Republicans that have come forth and provided info and testified so far are liars. And the dozens within his orbit and around the country having admitted to conspiracy on his behalf are bullshitting. The recording(s), admissions and at the federal and state levels are compelling. PROOF of profiting from emoluments during his presidency has been provided.

At what point do will you ever admit or accept this piece of shit has been the worst human considered for the Presidency of the United States and GOP party greenlighting his corruption has been complicit.

After 3 years why are you still defending the insurrectionists?

From my post on the first page, post #15:
"I've repeatedly condemned the events of J6 so let's just get that out of the way for the simple folk among us."

I've called out the J6 miscreants from the start. I've posted to that effect countless times.

Yet here you are, peddling a false narrative. Looks like you're part of the "simple folk".

Last edited:
Do you believe that shooting Ashli Babbit was unlawful?
I don’t know. This board normally finds overzealous cops awful people when they shoot/kill people “breaking the law/ “fafo situations”.

I find the switcharoo of that application here interesting.

Babbit was breaking the law I think, but I’m not sure that’s a death sentence. 🤷

I don’t know. This board normally finds overzealous cops awful people when they shoot/kill people “breaking the law/ “fafo situations”.

Babbit was breaking the law I think, but I’m not sure that’s a death sentence. 🤷
It must be unlawful to be murder. What was her intent?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
On a related topic I was in to two hotels in December and both had printed Epoch times in the lobby. No other papers (I'm guessing they're free to the hotels).
From wikipedia:
The Epoch Times is a far-right international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong.

Reactions: ft254
From wikipedia:
The Epoch Times is a far-right international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong.

Gosh, I wouldn't have guessed by reading any of it (which we got in the mail). It was like listening to Limbaugh, which 3 minutes was enough for me to wonder WTF was wrong with people who did?

Reactions: funksouljon
"Ashli was ambushed when she was shot by Lt. Byrd."

Ambush: a surprise attack by people lying in wait in a concealed position.
Concealed: kept hidden; secret

The video shows that an officer displayed a handgun as individuals were trying to break glass and break through doors that were locked and barricaded. The audio reveals several people - at least 3, probably 4, saying multiple times "He's got a gun." 15 seconds elapse after the video clearly shows the handgun and multiple individuals saying "he's got a gun" before the shot was fired.

One, if you can see the person holding the handgun, it is neither hidden nor is it secret. If you have multiple people proclaiming, "he has a gun," it is neither hidden nor is it secret.

If the person and the handgun are visible and capable of being seen by many different people, then that person is not "in a concealed position." Moreover, if you are a member of a angry yelling mob which is trying to break through locked, barricaded doors and you can see someone on the other side of those doors pointing a gun at you . . . and you choose to proceed . . . you are doing so at your own risk. The undisputed fact shows Ashli Babbitt attempting to access an area to which she had no right, crawling through the broken glass of locked, barricaded doors.

She literally put herself in harm's way - intentionally. She purposefully attempted to breach an area protected by armed guards.

Ambush? Give me a freaking break. Talk about a false narrative.

Call me crazy but if I ever found myself in the middle of an angry crowd inside a federal building that happened to be breaking glass and trying to beat down doors that were locked and barricaded and an armed guard was on the other side of those doors . . . I wouldn't be so colossally stupid as to think that I'd be OK if I tried to crawl through the broken glass.

Frankly, the amount of restraint showed by Capitol Police that day stuns me to this day. If you had told me that 1/6/20 would occur in advance, I would have expected a much higher body count.
The hole in your story is you don't know if she observed anyone with a gun and you don't know if she heard anyone yell that a gun was present.

From my post on the first page, post #15:
"I've repeatedly condemned the events of J6 so let's just get that out of the way for the simple folk among us."

I've called out the J6 miscreants from the start. I've posted to that effect countless times.

Yet here you are, peddling a false narrative. Looks like you're part of the "simple folk".
No, you haven't. You've said that you have done that but you have consistently minimized the events of January 6. You're a liar.

What "switcharoo"? Are you trying to say that in most cop shootings the public believes the cop was over zealous?

The hole in your story is you don't know if she observed anyone with a gun and you don't know if she heard anyone yell that a gun was present.
So your litmus test for someone to be shot while breaking through a broken window of a barricaded door is whether they heard the announcement? JFC. Your idiocy knows no bounds.

What "switcharoo"? Are you trying to say that in most cop shootings the public believes the cop was over zealous?
I meant this board more than the “public”- I don’t have that broad of a read of the general public; but I have a pretty good read how the board reacts to things.

So your litmus test for someone to be shot while breaking through a broken window of a barricaded door is whether they heard the announcement? JFC. Your idiocy knows no bounds.
You're the one who insinuated she had known in advance and thus should have run.

BTW she shouldn't have been murdered by the cockroach hiding around the corner, there is no litmus test.

By your personal or legal standards?
academy awards a little bit of both GIF by E!

Reactions: TennNole17
No, you haven't. You've said that you have done that but you have consistently minimized the events of January 6. You're a liar.

Let's do this. I'll post links to threads where I condemned J6 and you post links to threads where you believe I've minimized the events.
Deal?

Then we'll know who's the liar.

Last edited:
I meant this board more than the “public”- I don’t have that broad of a read of the general public; but I have a pretty good read how the board reacts to things.
Even more absurd. How many cop shootings get discussed on here that aren't part of the mainstream discussion? Very few, if any. Now take a look at the number of cop shootings that occur.

You're the one who insinuated she had known in advance and thus should have run.

BTW she shouldn't have been murdered by the cockroach hiding around the corner, there is no litmus test.
No I didn't. You're making shit up now. I don't give a shit if she heard it or saw the guy - breaking through a window of a barricaded door is something that can get you shot. Particularly when it's to the chambers of Congress while a riot is going on.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Even more absurd. How many cop shootings get discussed on here that aren't part of the mainstream discussion? Very few, if any. Now take a look at the number of cop shootings that occur.
I am not sure I follow? I’m speaking of how this board reacts; I can’t possibly know how the entire public reacts.

I am not sure I follow? I’m speaking of how this board reacts; I can’t possibly know how the entire public reacts.
This board reacts to the relatively few cop shootings that get wide coverage. The reason they get coverage is they are suspicious or highly visible. The majority of cop shootings are easily justified, as was the shooting of Babbitt. There is no "switcheroo".

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
When are you going to post yours?

LOL. You're the one making stuff up.

It's baffling. The acts of the miscreants on January 6 are bad enough on their own. You don't need to make other stuff up to further advance it.

The left never ceases to amaze. Why try to mislead when you clearly have the high ground to begin with?

I'll give you an example. January 6 was a disgrace to this country. A collection of miscreants. But then you have leftists that exaggerate an event that needs no exaggeration. Several times leftists have claimed that cops were killed. That's a lie. No need to lie when the established facts are bad enough.

I've repeatedly condemned the events of January 6.

I've repeatedly condemned the rioters on January 6th. They should be fully prosecuted.

In regards to the shooting, I question why in the midst of all the havoc, one unarmed female was shot and killed.

I also question why other means were not ultized on her and the other people at that door. No mace, no gas, no batons, no physical confrontation... nothing prior to the use of deadly force.

These are legitimate questions/concerns. Unfortunately team politics has everyone entrenched in their position.

Did the January 6 congressional commission also cherry pick?

By the way, I've repeatedly condemned the actions/law violations on January 6.

Yikes.

You need to stop making stuff up.

I've never defended the rioters of January 6. I've repeatedly condemned the events of that day.

So much wrong with your post.

I want the J6 rioters prosecuted. I've repeatedly condemned the events of J6, often calling them miscreants.

You've really latched onto this.

From the beginning I've condemned J6 and supported a full accounting of such.

I also believe that U.S. prisons have become a disaster.

Well I've repeatedly condemned the J6 miscreants. They are being held to account. The events that day were bad enough on their own that you don't need to come on here and lie.

You're not well.

This board reacts to the relatively few cop shootings that get wide coverage. The reason they get coverage is they are suspicious or highly visible. The majority of cop shootings are easily justified, as was the shooting of Babbitt. There is no "switcheroo".
Generally, this board tends to side with the victims, and not the cops, to the shootings posted here. Very much so there’s an acronym (acab?) for it. Generally don’t trust cops.

Conversely, for Babbit/Jan 6th- those cops were hero’s. Back the blue.

Feels very partisan driven is all. Just my observation.

Generally, this board tends to side with the victims, and not the cops, to the shootings posted here. Very much so there’s an acronym (acab?) for it. Generally don’t trust cops.

Conversely, for Babbit/Jan 6th- those cops were hero’s. Back the blue.

Feels very partisan driven is all. Just my observation.
When there are questionable actions by the police, yes. The majority aren't. That's the point.

LOL - at those being condemnations. You're a hack.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...s-are-marxist-terrorists.432768/post-11706175

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...ll-my-magat-friends-here.434511/post-11776456

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/interesting-development-in-tennessee.416656/post-11114897

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...t-the-blm-protests-folks.411815/post-10929585

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/conservatives-warn-of-‘violent-consequences’-of-biden-rhetoric-following-cold-blooded-execution-of-north-dakota-teen.400778/post-10483352

Oops - hit post too soon. Not even off the first page of a simple search.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...mob-loots-7-eleven-store.397330/post-10358520

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/noted-washington-commanders-coordinator-calls-jan-6-insurrection-a-‘dust-up’.392416/post-10185589

There are a LOT more.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/does-anyone-else-find-it-somewhat-disrespectful….380587/post-9712668

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...richard-jewell-is-smiling.375380/post-9517571

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/ashli-babbitt’s-family-filing-a-10-million-wrongful-death-suit-against-us-capitol-police.363992/post-9151971

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...ation-less-than-a-mile-fr.358262/post-8970952

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/just-another-day-in-portland.357067/post-8937575

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...-right-wing-crazies-today.345821/post-8566792

Last edited:
And I see from where your confusion stems. No one is claiming this officer was "overzealous" - other than insurrectionist sympathizers. He was facing an enraged, threatening mob trying to break through a barricaded door and one of them was crawling through a smashed-out window while the people the officer was charged with protecting were in the room directly behind him.

@TennNole17

How about this...the police get a domestic disturbance call. They arrive and a woman comes out the door, told to get her hands up, she complies. A male exits the building behind her...hands up. He is immediately shot in the chest. He was the nine-year -old son of the woman and he's the person who called the police to try and protect his mom.

THAT'S "overzealous".

Kicker...the officer was cleared of all charges and is back on duty on the same police force. The only good news is that the little boy survived a clean through and through. I can start a thread on that, if you like.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennNole17
How about this...the police get a domestic disturbance call. They arrive and a woman comes out the door, told to get her hands up, she complies. A male exits the building behind her...hands up. He is immediately shot in the chest. He was the nine-year -old son of the woman and he's the person who called the police to try and protect his mom.

THAT'S "overzealous".

Kicker...the officer was cleared of all charges and is back on duty on the same police force. The only good news is that the little boy survived a clean through and through. I can start a thread on that, if you like.
I'm not sure what you're getting at or why you're responding to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT