ADVERTISEMENT

Lucas Davison?

Feb 25, 2015
Whatcha think? Does Northwestern need to burn his shirt? Kid looks better than Yahya last year. He just beat Rocco Caywood who is ranked sixth. Lucas is a likely AA this year and can help NU get a top five place at Nationals.

Whatcha think? Does Northwestern need to burn his shirt? Kid looks better than Yahya last year. He just beat Rocco Caywood who is ranked sixth. Lucas is a likely AA this year and can help NU get a top five place at Nationals.

What is northwesterns long term goal? Consistent top 10s with an occasional trophy? If so, no.

If it’s to just make sure all wrestlers leave with a degree and particular mindset? Yes. Take your lumps and toughen up with live bullets. It may not be the best move for a wrestling career, but for 99% of the guys in wrestling, it’s not about career accolades.

Kevin Jackson liked to burn redshirts and see what happened to him over the long haul. Yahya is not exactly tearing it up this year. Burning it last year would have been foolish.

You guys are tougher on me than you were on Warner after he got teched! I think it is a good question. The kid looks tough as nails. Likely AA! So why redshirt em? Northwestern will give him his fifth year anyways. He may make an Olympic run and need an Olympic redshirt year anyways.
This WNDAACF bloke is starting to grow on me...

Burn the redshirt!

Ahh, got it. I always liked Herbert. Just a beast, and on an underdog team.
The Jake Herbert thing is actually kinda funny. When I was in high school, our coach didn't want us reading forums and ESPECIALLY didn't want us posting. But I was dumb. I'm from Minnesota and wanted to smack talk Gopher fans on theguillotine, because it was basiclly the same as interacting with high school kids. I was the only Iowa fan around and thought if my handle had anything Iowa related my coach would somehow know it was me (I don't know why, I was young and dumb). So I picked Jake Herbert. When I created a HawkeyeReport account, i figured I'd stick with the Herbert and added 197 because why not.

Look catfan, after Willie called you a clown and all your “Spencer not at full power yet” talk and your Seabass predictions, can’t you just go away for a week or so and let us unwind a bit. The only good thing about Midlands besides Desanto and the Bull is how much money I am going win the next time Spencer and Seabass go at it. With the Midlands results at least I can get a bet. I may have to mortgage my house, and have to lay some pretty thick odds, but someone will want some of that action.

Look catfan, after Willie called you a clown and all your “Spencer not at full power yet” talk and your Seabass predictions, can’t you just go away for a week or so and let us unwind a bit. The only good thing about Midlands besides Desanto and the Bull is how much money I am going win the next time Spencer and Seabass go at it. With the Midlands results at least I can get a bet. I may have to mortgage my house, and have to lay some pretty thick odds, but someone will want some of that action.
Spencer is very solid. Why didn’t he choose top the second period, instead of deferring? I love this battling! All fun. I just don’t respect redshirting a guy that can be an AA, unless he needs time to adjust to school. If I were coach, I would burn his shirt for sure. I still think Tyler Moreland is a top 15 kid. Not sure what is up with him. I’m gonna talk shit when Nolf and Deakin wrestle soon! Can’t wait! I think Deakin has a shot at the match is in Evanston !

I'd be more excited for this guy than Jessen. And Chakonis looks really bad this year. Davison has looked good. I don't know if I would burn the shirt though.

Absolutely not burn the shirt!

With all due respect, this is Northwestern. Kids just got to school at the end of September. They're on quarters meaning every class is super fast paced, and there are absolutely no fluff/fill-in classes like the rest of us had.

Northwestern's formula for team trophies is to have 3-4 studs get placed as high as possible in March. Right now their AA prospects are Rivera Thomas Deakin and Jennings. Bet they'll go with that and get after as many points as possible come March and then reload next year.

For their formula, they really don't need him in the lineup this year. Keep that red shirt on young man.

Kevin Jackson liked to burn redshirts and see what happened to him over the long haul. Yahya is not exactly tearing it up this year. Burning it last year would have been foolish.

One of my former wrestlers told me Thomas was working like a madman literally minutes before second day weigh-in to get weight off. He's a pretty thick dude for 141. Weight management may contribute to any inconsistency.

One of my former wrestlers told me Thomas was working like a madman literally minutes before second day weigh-in to get weight off. He's a pretty thick dude for 141. Weight management may contribute to any inconsistency.
That to me is reason number one to burn Davison's shirt. He is doing great and no better time than the present. Who knows what will happen next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT