ADVERTISEMENT

Lynette Woodward

Man. The pettiness and spite in women’s basketball is unlike anything I have ever witnessed. Will be good to get a little break from a lot of this shit.
If you think that's bad, you should avoid twitter for the day. There are apparently a ton of black people in this country who think the national title game was some kind of race war that blacks won. It's like the opposite of a klu klux klan rally.

Considering Bluder basically said the exact same thing after Clark passed her total, I don't see anything wrong with it. She will always be the AIAW big school leading scorer and she'll always be the first woman on the Globetrotters, no shame in those.
It is called having class. There is nothing wrong with others pointing out that she played with a men's ball and there wasn't a three point shot in her day, as Bluder did, but to blow your own horn like she did, shows no breeding, class or self-respect.

I did not watch Woodard play but I have a guess that the competition she played against was nothing like CC played against. Just my opinion
Everybody plays cupcakes, but some of their non-conference opponents included Wayland Baptist, Rogers State, Immaculata, Grand View, Simpson, Queens College, WEST Texas A&M, Texas Woman's College, Delta State, Pittsburg State.

Woodard and Miller were great athletes at their time, but my guess is you put them into today's environment, and they are very good, but not elite. The depth of talent was not there in their time like it is now. South Carolina probably has 5 girls on their team that would be better if they played in that era.

If you think that's bad, you should avoid twitter for the day. There are apparently a ton of black people in this country who think the national title game was some kind of race war that blacks won. It's like the opposite of a klu klux klan rally.

Never have and never will join twitter. But this is unfortunate to hear. Why does everything have to be about race?

No way to really compare across generations, but the jealousy from some past players of CC's accomplishments and recognition is sad. There is no denying that Caitlin has done more to move women's basketball forward than any other former player. Future generations will owe Caitlin a lot.

It is funny that some, who seem to be most butt hurt by Caitlin's accolades, are probably being paid lot to sit around and "analyze the game." Some don't like or appreciate the idea that a white girl from Iowa has done so much to help Black women athletes get attention.

No way to really compare across generations, but the jealousy from some past players of CC's accomplishments and recognition is sad. There is no denying that Caitlin has done more to move women's basketball forward than any other former player. Future generations will owe Caitlin a lot.

It is funny that some, who seem to be most butt hurt by Caitlin's accolades, are probably being paid lot to sit around and "analyze the game." Some don't like or appreciate the idea that a white girl from Iowa has done so much to help Black women athletes get attention.
There's been plenty of excellent ball players both white and black. The average sports fan could MAYBE give you 5 names associated with the entire history of women's basketball. Clark would be the first name most could come up with due to recency. Joe Fan could probably name Clark, Miller, Taurasi, Swopes, and Griener. I'd be stunned if the average sports fan could go much deeper than that... maybe add Rebecca Lobo.

I follow the main sports pretty well at the college level... I couldn't name you a single starting 5 in the WNBA, and I couldn't even tell you who the stars of the league currently are or what team they play on.

Uh Huh Whatever GIF by Bounce

Man. The pettiness and spite in women’s basketball is unlike anything I have ever witnessed. Will be good to get a little break from a lot of this shit.
Not going to happen The WNBA starts playing in May, and the Olympics are around the corner in July. I foresee a lot of shit being talked in the women's game before football kicks off in the fall.

It's amazing how much women shit all over each other. They just can't help themselves. Bill Burr nailed it in his standup a while back.

Diana T just looking extra salty.

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
It's amazing how much women shit all over each other. They just can't help themselves. Bill Burr nailed it in his standup a while back.

Maybe it is part of the marketing plan: talk shit about Clark in the hopes that people will tune in to see if the shit talk comes to fruition. Probably giving them too much credit, however.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

I don't understand why so many former women players want to tear down this generation of players....

She's going to blame Caitlin.... Like it's her fault that you were the hidden record holder. It seems that you're record would still be hidden if it wasn't for Caitlin, so just enjoy the moment in the sun.

Also the "we didn't have a 3 point shot" is such BS. You see how damn easy Caitlin can get to the hoop for layups? You don't think she would be driving a heck of a lot more, if there was no reason to shoot from 30 ft.

Just a garbage thing to say....

Considering Bluder basically said the exact same thing after Clark passed her total, I don't see anything wrong with it. She will always be the AIAW big school leading scorer and she'll always be the first woman on the Globetrotters, no shame in those.

The problem is She wants it both ways.... To be recognized as the all time women's scoring leader (modern NCAA)... But then says that you can't compare the two.

I guess it would have been easier for everyone to just keep ignoring the pre-ncaa players, since she say that you can't compare the two! 😂

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

I don't understand why so many former women players want to tear down this generation of players....

She's going to blame Caitlin.... Like it's her fault that you were the hidden record holder. It seems that you're record would still be hidden if it wasn't for Caitlin, so just enjoy the moment in the sun.

Also the "we didn't have a 3 point shot" is such BS. You see how damn easy Caitlin can get to the hoop for layups? You don't think she would be driving a heck of a lot more, if there was no reason to shoot from 30 ft.

The phrase "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" applies. They should just say thank you and cash the checks.

Caitlin is going to have a tough first year in the WNBA,.. she best get prepared.

Caitlin is going to have a tough first year in the WNBA,.. she best get prepared.

She'll be fine on the court. The challenge could be all the outside hate from former players.. many praise her to her face, then sh*t on her when she turns her back. Just like Woodard did, who absolutely MEANT what she said, just didn't think someone was recording or something.

Good thing Caitlin does a good job of blocking the outside noise from the IDIOT haters

• Love
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

I don't think it's specific to women. There are a lot of grumpy old NBA players, lol.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
She'll be fine on the court. The challenge could be all the outside hate from former players.. many praise her to her face, then sh*t on her when she turns her back. Just like Woodard did, who absolutely MEANT what she said, just didn't think someone was recording or something.

Good thing Caitlin does a good job of blocking the outside noise from the IDIOT haters

I think the court will be difficult to start also,.. There are some hard fouls coming her way so she had best get ready to bite her tongue, get up, rub some dirt on it and get back into it...

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I think the court will be difficult to start also,.. There are some hard fouls coming her way so she had best get ready to bite her tongue, get up, rub some dirt on it and get back into it...

Agreed... But she's cut from the same cloth as Michael Jordan..

Good luck with pissing her off. Will see how that works out for you!

Aliyah Boston is pumped to have Caitlin on her team. I think they'll be great teammates and if other teams F*CK around, they'll find out!

People also forget that while Caitlin will be playing against better competition, she'll be playing WITH better talent.

And.... It's in the WNBAs best interest to not let defenders hack away at Caitlin. She doesn't need any favors, but I don't see teams being allowed to just beat her into the ground

Lol Diana will be 42 in a couple of months, and she started showing her age this past season.

Caitlin will cook Taurasi's old ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT