ADVERTISEMENT

Maher’s New Rules on Cancel Culture

170px-ENG_COA_Newton.svg.png

When I look at that I definitely see nazi overtones.

And yet he saw that as a better option than Iowa. But we showed those feminazis we weren’t going to do any self reflecting in 2014.

Less of a chance of a “phone call that changed everything” when former players aren’t coming out of the woodwork saying the program is backwards and intolerant.

You guys can say “problem wokeness.” I say missed opportunity to get better.
How is believing every bullshit accusation and firing people before an investigation (see Smith College janitor) an example of trying to get better? How is forcing white people to give a minority $10 in CHAZ an opportunity to get better? You keep ignoring these horrible biproducts of woke culture.

When I look at that I definitely see nazi overtones.
I was being facetious anyway.

This whole "woke" movement is creating a pervasive, perpetual "victimization/victimhood" mentality into the culture. If you believe that you're always a victim, you're not going to be motivated to change anything.

Reactions: abby97

This whole "woke" movement is creating a pervasive, perpetual "victimization/victimhood" mentality into the culture. If you believe that you're always a victim, you're not going to be motivated to change anything.

Oh, I got it. I really did think it was funny. We are on the same page.

This unmotivated movement sure has a lot of people triggered.

Triggered. You mean like running to Kakert to get people banned from the board because someone said something that hurt your feelings? That kind of triggered?
A little quality control goes a long way. (For those of us who aren’t pathetic incels who can’t take a hint when they aren’t welcome and keep coming back under new names.) I got my eye on you, shitbird.
tenor.gif

This unmotivated movement sure has a lot of people triggered.
Triggered? Is that good or bad? Being aware of something and, maybe even having a strong opinion about it is now "Triggered." As if "triggered" equals weakness or overly-sensitive in some debilitating way. That's nonsense. Is a doctor triggered if he sees a spot on an x-ray and then encourages the patient to have a biopsy done?

A little quality control goes a long way. (For those of us who aren’t pathetic incels who can’t take a hint when they aren’t welcome and keep coming back under new names.) I got my eye on you, shitbird.
tenor.gif
It sounds like you're a big proponent of censorship. Why am I not surprised! lol

"Quality Control"... that's a great euphemism for "shut that person up. They bother me and I can't debate them without insulting them."

It sounds like you're a big proponent of censorship. Why am I not surprised! lol

"Quality Control"... that's a great euphemism for "shut that person up. They bother me and I can't debate them without insulting them."

Or spamming the board every time one of two far right whack job websites posts a new blog entry.

Triggered? Is that good or bad? Being aware of something and, maybe even having a strong opinion about it is now "Triggered." As if "triggered" equals weakness or overly-sensitive in some debilitating way. That's nonsense. Is a doctor triggered if he sees a spot on an x-ray and then encourages the patient to have a biopsy done?

Lol. You're hardly a doctor.

tenor.gif

Awwwwww, it’s so cute when you threaten to run to big brother. It’s almost like you had no idea you were being baited into saying exactly what you did to prove a point on cancel culture. I am glad though that you get to feel like a big inportant man on Hawkeye Report. My guess is that you don’t get much of that much in real life.

Awwwwww, it’s so cute when you threaten to run to big brother. It’s almost like you had no idea you were being baited into saying exactly what you did to prove a point on cancel culture. I am glad though that you get to feel like a big inportant man on Hawkeye Report. My guess is that you don’t get much of that much in real life.

You repeatedly get booted off an internet site and keep running back, so.

Or spamming the board every time one of two far right whack job websites posts a new blog entry.
You're accusing me of "spamming the board every time one of two far right whack job websites posts a new blog entry?" You're not making any sense.

Woke/Liberal/Cancel Culture will ultimately create an even stronger, more damaging version of Trumpism. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Of course, we may need to ignore that because Isaac Newton was probably a misogynist and his family Coat of Arms looked eerily similar to the SS Totenkopf symbol!
This

Reactions: strummingram
I never claimed, or even implied, to be a doctor. "Triggered" is such a crock of shit.

Be careful now. Flick is a very influential person on HR. He actually knows Tom Kakert who allows him to determine who is welcome on this board. He put me on notice earlier in the thread and called me a shitbird. I am extremely nervous about it.

I would post more, but this isn’t a guy that you want to get on the wrong side off. He is VERY important on the message board.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarindaA's
I was talking about Ron Mexico's former handle.

Which is? As for spamming the board with stuff from one of two right wing sites, you can go back and look at six months worth of posts. Please link one time that I did that. Isn’t odd that you accuse me of constantly getting kicked of the board for doing that, but for some reason I just decided to stop for months? Then look at the content of my posts. Does that come off as right wing trump loving stuff?

Seriously, get help. This prince of Hawkeye Report thing you have going on in your head is not good for you.

Last edited:
I was talking about Ron Mexico's former handle.
So, why quote me?

Answer my question:

Is a doctor "triggered" when he encourages a patient to have a biopsy because of a spot found on an x-ray? I'M NOT a doctor. YOU'RE NOT a doctor. But, you chose this "triggered" term in a response to me, as if being triggered indicates some kind of flaw in the logic of determining something of importance.

Is the doctor "triggered", or is the doctor acting responsibly?

So, why quote me?

Answer my question:

Is a doctor "triggered" when he encourages a patient to have a biopsy because of a spot found on an x-ray? I'M NOT a doctor. YOU'RE NOT a doctor. But, you chose this "triggered" term in a response to me, as if being triggered indicates some kind of flaw in the logic of determining something of importance.

Is the doctor "triggered", or is the doctor acting responsibly?

I quoted you because you claimed “they bother me” as you were sympathizing with Mr. Mexico-Bonney. No, he’s a troll who’s been shown the door repeatedly. Does that help you out? Really not that complicated. Certainly not as hard to decipher as your rant about sides and playing the game and whatever from earlier.

Your question is silly. You’ve posted repeatedly about cancel culture and woke mumbojumbo. It’s occupying a lot of space in your mind, and it’s really insignificant. An anecdote here and there about well-meaning people overstepping. The horror. If the doctor ranted like a madman about the medically insignificant, he’d be triggered and looking for a new gig.

I quoted you because you claimed “they bother me” as you were sympathizing with Mr. Mexico-Bonney. No, he’s a troll who’s been shown the door repeatedly. Does that help you out? Really not that complicated. Certainly not as hard to decipher as your rant about sides and playing the game and whatever from earlier.

Your question is silly. You’ve posted repeatedly about cancel culture and woke mumbojumbo. It’s occupying a lot of space in your mind, and it’s really insignificant. An anecdote here and there about well-meaning people overstepping. The horror. If the doctor ranted like a madman about the medically insignificant, he’d be triggered and looking for a new gig.
You're playing a game. There's no winner. Enjoy the game.

Reactions: RonaldMexico
In addition to the prison industrial complex, war on drugs, poverty, income inequality, growing healthcare costs, racism, or climate change, woke culture is contributing to the destruction of America.

FIFY

CEOs would rather pander to minorities with pointless pandering tactics like Target's African American clothing line, then actually do something meaningful. This way they can keep the "woke" police off their back. "See! Look at what we're doing for the AA community!"

Or just not be less/more white, black, whatever, just treat everyone with equal love and kindness...you know, just be a good effing human being.

Talk to the people at Coke. Being less white is a thing now. While not that blatant I had to sit through similar bullshit at work. Nothing better than listening to a 20 something white woman blather on about how white people need to take responsibility for being oppressive. My favorite is when they were forcing poc to share their feelings on zoom to hundreds of people. It wasn't something prepared for simply calling them out with questions.

If coke can run meetings on being less white as seems to be all the rage....why not a campaign on being less black?

Reactions: abby97
I bet you 99% of people who consider themselves “woke” don’t think that at all. I try my best to be and I think it’s straight up silly.
Woke culture is cancer. No one has the right to tell anyone else how to think or has the right to cancel anyone who thinks differently that the woke crowd. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone learns and grows. Different people, cultures, classes view things differently, just a fact. What about blacks using the N word everyday and being proud of it. A white uses it and they are shunned. Is it a bad word or not? A TV host discusses a contestant on his show not agreeing or endorsing just discusses her and he is cancelled. What I think is even worse is you know EVERY woke crusader has skeletons in their closet but they have the nerve to throw stones at others.

And yet he saw that as a better option than Iowa. But we showed those feminazis we weren’t going to do any self reflecting in 2014.

Less of a chance of a “phone call that changed everything” when former players aren’t coming out of the woodwork saying the program is backwards and intolerant.

You guys can say “problem wokeness.” I say missed opportunity to get better.
Then you are wrong.

Woke culture is cancer. No one has the right to tell anyone else how to think or has the right to cancel anyone who thinks differently that the woke crowd.
Exactly...we cannot affect how people feel, all we can do is ensure folks are treated fairly and not discriminated against. For example, you can internally hate someone all day long based on their race, BUT you sure as $hit better not deny them service for it. And if you're dumb enough to out yourself and get video taped, you get what you deserve (IMO).

Everyone makes mistakes, everyone learns and grows. Different people, cultures, classes view things differently, just a fact. What about blacks using the N word everyday and being proud of it. A white uses it and they are shunned. Is it a bad word or not? A TV host discusses a contestant on his show not agreeing or endorsing just discusses her and he is cancelled. What I think is even worse is you know EVERY woke crusader has skeletons in their closet but they have the nerve to throw stones at others.

Again, this is why I started a thread about there being gray space on this topic. Doing something ignorantly is a far different from being an overt racist with hate in your heart. Attending a plantation-themed sorority party isn't the same as calling someone the "n" word and telling them to get off your property because you basically hate the color of their skin. Oh, and let's face it, the sorority party was just an excuse to dress up in that era's clothes and pick up guys, let's not pretend it was anything more.

Woke culture is cancer. No one has the right to tell anyone else how to think or has the right to cancel anyone who thinks differently that the woke crowd. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone learns and grows. Different people, cultures, classes view things differently, just a fact. What about blacks using the N word everyday and being proud of it. A white uses it and they are shunned. Is it a bad word or not? A TV host discusses a contestant on his show not agreeing or endorsing just discusses her and he is cancelled. What I think is even worse is you know EVERY woke crusader has skeletons in their closet but they have the nerve to throw stones at others.

This is a really good post. My only disagreement is with your point on the N-word. While I agree no one should use it, black and white use of it are not on equal footing.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
How many of us would lose our jobs if our identities on this board were revealed and our posting histories reviewed by someone out to cancel us? Probably most of us. Anyone who has responded to a Free Friday Likes or Wouldja thread as a starter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT