ADVERTISEMENT

Marc Thiessen: If Biden wants to get more shots in arms, give Trump credit for the vaccines...

Even IaFbnBb has bailed on Trump. Take a step back from the ledge, Jan.

Prove he called Covid 19 (the virus) a hoax.

And then prove he “told people to inject themselves with bleach” you dolt.

You can’t and won’t.

Huey: Jan, I saw your wife fvcking the mailman

Jan: That wasn't the mailman. It was the Grubhub guy. Stop lying!

Prove he called Covid 19 (the virus) a hoax.

And then prove he “told people to inject themselves with bleach” you dolt.

You can’t and won’t.
Welcome to Northern territory. Hope he has a red hat ready for you

Holy shit. You must be getting along too well with your neighbor.
What's not right about that? Even look at Trump. He was all about the vaccine and now he has trouble saying whether or not he got it. WTF?

Kamala said she wouldn't get it because trump developed it and now she wants to go on a door to door campaign to encourage people to get the vaccine.

Why something like this is drawn on political lines is beyond me.

I understand when medical people say they don't trust it because of how fast it was developed. I don't understand the flip-flopping over politics.

Kamala said she wouldn't get it because trump developed it and now she wants to go on a door to door campaign to encourage people to get the vaccine.
Some of you rely too much on right-wing media misinformation. It's much like Trump's recent quote about telling a lie often enough leading people to believe it.

Asked by CNN's Dana Bash in a clip released Saturday whether she would get a vaccine that was approved and distributed before the election, Harris replied, "Well, I think that's going to be an issue for all of us."
"I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he's talking about," she continued in the clip from an exclusive interview airing Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" at 9 a.m. ET. "I will not take his word for it."

That will work for the J&J vaccine but not the mRNA vaccines which require special refrigeration. I suppose doctors could order those vaccines on an as-needed basis and have them delivered but that is enormously inefficient.
The efficient part of the vaccine distribution has mostly been done. The remainder will no doubt be difficult. The key is getting the message from a trusted source. Perhaps the vaccine stock could be held at a larger medical center that would send a courier with smaller numbers of doses (6-12) to their affiliated off-site clinic offices every few days. Yes, it is inefficient, but the shots need to be available where people want to take them. I think it is a problem that can be solved.

Local 'Trusted Messengers' Key To Boosting COVID Vaccinations, Surgeon General Says

White House, state officials scramble to get docs’ help with lagging vaccination effort

Doctors' Offices Are Preferred COVID Vaccine Sites for Unvaccinated (the same article is on WebMD)

From the article above:
The preference to be vaccinated in a medical office was three to five times higher among unvaccinated Americans than were other strategies such as vaccinations at retail pharmacies or drug stores, community health centers, public health clinics, drive-up clinics, and large public vaccination sites.

Reactions: Finance85
What's not right about that? Even look at Trump. He was all about the vaccine and now he has trouble saying whether or not he got it. WTF?

I understand when medical people say they don't trust it because of how fast it was developed. I don't understand the flip-flopping over politics.

Let's say that there are people who believe that just saying something doesn't make it true. Now let's pretend those types of people are your audience. So, rather than just making statements, think about what you might use as evidence to support that your statements are true.

For instance:

What would you use to support this statement: "Trump made the vaccine happen."

It should be easy since, everyone with a brain knows it.

What about this statement: "Dems all said they weren't taking it."

I'll help you here. Which Dems? What did they say?

And this: "Biden wants all the credit and Dems are suddenly all about the vaccine while Rs flipped and now are more likely to resist it than Ds."

Do you have any data at all to support that Dems "suddenly" flipped or that Rs "flipped" rather than just being vaccine hesitant all along?

Try this one too: "Kamala said she wouldn't get it because trump developed it and now she wants to go on a door to door campaign to encourage people to get the vaccine."

It should be easy, you could post what exactly Kamala said, and we can determine if it matches up with what you claim she said.

That will work for the J&J vaccine but not the mRNA vaccines which require special refrigeration. I suppose doctors could order those vaccines on an as-needed basis and have them delivered but that is enormously inefficient.

Not as big a problem anymore,... I believe that since late May the Pfizer vaccine at least can be held at normal refrigerator temps for up to 30 days before use.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
The efficient part of the vaccine distribution has mostly been done. The remainder will no doubt be difficult. The key is getting the message from a trusted source. Perhaps the vaccine stock could be held at a larger medical center that would send a courier with smaller numbers of doses (6-12) to their affiliated off-site clinic offices every few days. Yes, it is inefficient, but the shots need to be available where people want to take them. I think it is a problem that can be solved.

Local 'Trusted Messengers' Key To Boosting COVID Vaccinations, Surgeon General Says

White House, state officials scramble to get docs’ help with lagging vaccination effort

Doctors' Offices Are Preferred COVID Vaccine Sites for Unvaccinated (the same article is on WebMD)

From the article above:
The preference to be vaccinated in a medical office was three to five times higher among unvaccinated Americans than were other strategies such as vaccinations at retail pharmacies or drug stores, community health centers, public health clinics, drive-up clinics, and large public vaccination sites.
I agree it could be a big boost. Hope they're working on making this happen.

What medical people have a distrust for the vaccine?

Reactions: cigaretteman
You really think Trump is going to help Biden by recording a PSA??

If Trump really cared about this country he would be harping on getting the vaccine at his rallies.

And Harris said she would take the vaccine if the doctors said it was safe but not if Trump said it was safe. Pretty key distinction. Trump told people to inject themselves with bleach to cure COVID, so one can't exactly blame her or anyone for not trusting his medical expertise.
Totally agree. Trump never has and never will care about anyone but himself, which drives most of his behavior.

I've already seen a clip of him telling people to get the vaccine, months ago. But it sure as hell didn't get a lot of air time.

70+ million people voted for that idiot. And we know he loves the spotlight. Give credit where credit is due and ask him to record a public announcement.

And how about the other side stop acting like kids too, ala Kamala Harris saying she wouldn't take the vaccine if Trump said to?
Give him credit for what, Jan? Most of those 80M votes against him were because of him, too! I will give you, “ he is the straw that stirs the drink”...but that is an empty comment in itself.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Give him credit for what, Jan? Most of those 80M votes against him were because of him, too! I will give you, “ he is the straw that stirs the drink”...but that is an empty comment in itself.

So in your opinion, the guy never did anything good while in office. No credit for anything good, like removing barriers and allowing the fast tracking of the vaccines....

Bad President, and human being... I agree with all of that. But be realistic some time.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
So in your opinion, the guy never did anything good while in office. No credit for anything good, like removing barriers and allowing the fast tracking of the vaccines....

Bad President, and human being... I agree with all of that. But be realistic some time.
I dunno...as Trump himself is reported to have said, Hitler did a lot of good things. Not sure I would acknowledge any even if I knew what they might be. Trump isn't Hitler level by any means but he is a reprehensible person. It would have to be something really good. Whatcha got?

No, he did nothing of significance in office. You tell me some he did that made a difference. You think the “fast tracking” of vaccines was his idea and wouldn’t have been done by anyone in the office? Gimme a break....
I’m still waiting for his healthcare plan. The guy was a complete ZERO as President...which should be of little if any surprise as he has accomplished very little of substance in his professional life.

No, he did nothing of significance in office. You tell me some he did that made a difference. You think the “fast tracking” of vaccines was his idea and wouldn’t have been done by anyone in the office? Gimme a break....
I’m still waiting for his healthcare plan. The guy was a complete ZERO as President...which should be of little if any surprise as he has accomplished very little of substance in his professional life.

He was a very bad President, on that we agree. That he shouldn’t be credited with anything good while in office, is ridiculous.

I thought his “stay in Mexico “ policy and agreement with the Mexican government was a good thing. But that was rescinded and look at us now.

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Wat agreement with Mexico? The one where the Ores of Mexico said “phuque you, President Trump? “
I dud support Trump effort to “get tuff” with China regarding intellectual theft but nothing was really accomplished there. Trump was a miserable failure as President, in my humble opinion. He was a worthless, divisive, mean-spirited POS.

I don't know if he is pro Trump. He is stupid, though. Do you think if you threw out a Kennedy name that made anti-vaxxers less stupid?
Are you vaccinated against Covid?
Absolutely! Fully vaccinated since mid-April. Pfizer.

There's some truth in this. Trump is a narcissist.

If Joe had praised Trump (pretty much a Trump requirement) for leaving him with a wonderful vaccine and asked him to encourage people to get vaccinated....he probably does it.

Unrealistic to expect Joe to do that considering Jan 6 and everything else Trump related but Donald is definitely pliable if fellated.
So slow Joe only thinking of himself vs the country?

I don't think there is any doubt that Trump could help get more people vaccinated if he did a PSA encouraging people to do so.

We also need more political leaders in the AA community doing it to.

This is dumb and clearly a ploy to artificially prop up Trump. These people have been bred to mistrust information. Nothing Joe says will change that. And unless Trump can grift money from this, he won't go along with it.
Thiessen lost the covid discussion long long ago when he said Italy had it's very early problems with it because of socialized medicine.

There are multiple factors, but I think inconsistent messaging has played a big role with the anti-vax crowd. The biggest inconsistency has been continuing to push masks on people even though they've been vaccinated.

The more liberal minded folks on this board will certainly jump on that as being stupid, but everyone doesn't think like you.

Every inconsistency makes people who are skeptical by nature even more skeptical, to the point where they are unwillingly to believe anything.

You think the people who worship a guy who’d call his employees “the best people” one day and then badmouth them on Twitter and claim to never know them the next day are big on consistency?

Reactions: Huey Grey
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT