ADVERTISEMENT

Mass shooting at Club Q in Colorado Springs

gohawks50

HR Legend
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2010

A shooting at an LGBTQ club in Colorado Springs killed five people and injured 18 others overnight, police said early Sunday.
Club Q, where police said the first call came in minutes before midnight, described it as a “hate attack.”

Lt. Pamela Castro, a police spokesperson, told reporters the suspect was injured, in custody and receiving treatment at a hospital. She declined to comment on a motive and said the FBI was assisting in the investigation.

“We thank the quick reactions of heroic customers that subdued the gunman and ended this hate attack,” Club Q said in a statement on its Facebook page, which had posted hours earlier that it was planning a drag brunch to celebrate Transgender Day of Remembrance on Sunday.

“Club Q is devastated by the senseless attack on our community,” it said. The venue is described as a gay and lesbian nightclub that hosts theme nights including karaoke and drag shows, according to a directory listing by an LGBTQ community center in the Rocky Mountain region.

Police officers had entered the club overnight as they responded to reports of the shooting and located “one individual believed to be the suspect inside,” Castro said.

She said the casualty toll “is subject to change as the investigation continues,” adding that ambulances and police had transported “numerous people” to hospitals. The hospitals are helping to notify families of the victims, she added. It was not immediately clear whether the suspect was one of the 18 injured.

Capt. Mike Smaldino, spokesperson for the fire department, said 34 firefighters and 11 ambulances were dispatched to the scene to help quickly move people to hospitals.

“As we pray for those fighting for life, we must use loud voices to stand up against hate,” Rep.-elect Eric Sorensen (D), the first openly gay person elected to Congress from Illinois, tweeted early Sunday. He said the shooting showed that “our country must turn down the hateful rhetoric aimed at our LGBTQ community.”

In one of the deadliest mass shootings in modern U.S. history, a gunman killed 49 people and wounded 53 at a gay nightclub in Orlando in 2016. People were trapped for hours until the shooter, who had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State terrorist group, died in a gun battle with a SWAT team.

Colorado seems to have more than their fair share of these mass shootings.
Cuz they have more than their fair share of the crazies
GettyImages-1430544867-4x3-1.jpg

There are still many "Christians" who believe homosexuality is an evil distortion by the devil. Only God can create.....the devil distorts his creations. In this case Gods creation of sex as a means to multiply.

Many of those people feel that God did not protect them from AIDS, Monkey Pox, ect......or mass shootings at their places of gathering.

Personally I could care less what the dung dippers do nor what happens to them.
Here is true evil that you and your fellow "Christian" conservatives choose to ignore. The evil is within.

There are still many "Christians" who believe homosexuality is an evil distortion by the devil. Only God can create.....the devil distorts his creations. In this case Gods creation of sex as a means to multiply.

Many of those people feel that God did not protect them from AIDS, Monkey Pox, ect......or mass shootings at their places of gathering.

Yikes

Reactions: cjr1310 and goldmom
So very "christian" of you. And, that isn't sarcasm. Current day politically focused "christians" are what mainstream current "christianity" is all about. You're okay with murder so long as it is murder of the boogie man created by your ilk.
I hope you don’t think the majority of Christians think this way.

Don’t forget forest fires!
Isn’t this the reason God created California AND forest fires? To build a funeral pyre for gays?

Reactions: ghost80
So very "christian" of you. And, that isn't sarcasm. Current day politically focused "christians" are what mainstream current "christianity" is all about. You're okay with murder so long as it is murder of the boogie man created by your ilk.

The hold the GOP has over Christianity makes me sick.

As a Christian, I have many thoughts about social issues that many don’t share. But I don’t expect non believers to live by what I believe in.

It’s silly to bring politics into Christianity, but here we are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT