ADVERTISEMENT

Mass shooting at Club Q in Colorado Springs

Previous arrest record and non prosecution is out there. I'm guessing it's going to paint the DA in a very poor light. This is going to be bad. Imo.
He wasn't prosecuted because the witnesses (his family) wouldn't cooperate with the investigation, so they had no case.

He wasn't prosecuted because the witnesses (his family) wouldn't cooperate with the investigation, so they had no case.
Ok on kidnapping I can see. But possession of a bomb. There is just no way he couldn't be charged with something.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
The dude and his wife own a brewery in CO.

Looking through the list, their beers actually look pretty decent. I’m going to have to check them out.

I had a couple classes with him during COVID. Very nice guy based on my interactions with him. We also met up with him a number of times at his brewery. Some of the flavors were too micro for me (aka the Churro or any spicy beer) but the vast majority I've tried and are good. I was worried they wouldn't make it through COVID but clearly they came out the back end.

Definitely visit / order. Many evenings have a taco truck set up outside, great tacos. Definitely visit. https://www.atrevidabeerco.com/home

I had a couple classes with him during COVID. Very nice guy based on my interactions with him. We also met up with him a number of times at his brewery. Some of the flavors were too micro for me (aka the Churro or any spicy beer) but the vast majority I've tried and are good. I was worried they wouldn't make it through COVID but clearly they came out the back end.

Definitely visit / order. Many evenings have a taco truck set up outside, great tacos. Definitely visit. https://www.atrevidabeerco.com/home
I get that brewers need to try stuff and weird concoctions do bring in customers, but I’ll leave that to Weldwerks.

It looks like he has a pretty good Mexican Lager and a smooth Pilsner. I’m sure either of those fresh is very good.

I knew I would like the guy when I saw he has a Selena tribute beer called, ‘Anything for Galenas’.

Last edited:
Reactions: funksouljon
Not sure the confusion you see here.

From link:

2) A person commits a bias-motivated crime if, with the intent to intimidate or harass another person because of that person's actual or perceived…sexual orientation, he or she:

(a) Knowingly causes bodily injury to another person;

“Intent” means motive, right?

Nope, not necessarily. Because it has already been written up, Ill defer to the work already done. This is FL, but still applies.

Funny you are here to "educate" everyone and most of this thread is you getting schooled on being wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: RileyHawk
What a tragic event, so sad and sickening. This shit needs to stop.

Are the additional regulations on guns in effect yet? I don't recall the details from that new legislation.
Time for it to be addressed each and every time a mass shooting happens.

I get that brewers need to try stuff and weird concoctions do bring in customers, but I’ll leave that to Weldwerks.

It looks like he has a pretty good Mexican Lager and a smooth Pilsner. I’m sure either of those fresh is very good.

My buddy used to home-brew a jalapeño beer, everyone raved about it. I couldn't stand it, definitely not my cup of tea. Same with chocolate beer. But it looks like they have expanded the beer selection since I was there last.

edit - you can smell the brewing in the back room when you walk in, it's that fresh.

And all the interviews he is wearing his brewery swag, props to him and silently advertise away! Without his intervention, 5 dead was just the start.

Last edited:
Nope, not necessarily. Because it has already been written up, Ill defer to the work already done. This is FL, but still applies.

Funny you are here to "educate" everyone and most of this thread is you getting schooled on being wrong.

I think this “intent versus motive” legal distinction is the first time in this thread I have been wrong, and on a very technical point. I think everything else has been a matter of opinion, no?

• Haha
And all the interviews he is wearing his brewery swag, props to him and silently advertise away! Without his intervention, 5 dead was just the start.
I went through their Instagram last night. He’s living the dream. Served his country, started a small business with his wife, his daughter is clearly working hard to join them, and they’re very involved in their community. He even has a sweet El Camino.

I hope his business takes off.

I went through their Instagram last night. He’s living the dream. Served his country, started a small business with his wife, his daughter is clearly working hard to join them, and they’re very involved in their community. He even has a sweet El Camino.

I'm not a micro beer lover, but they have some nice swag. These two t-shirts have a good message as well.

32fd5d_cef63383243b4480b4565fc7c15ef9b6~mv2.webp

32fd5d_4208fcf798ee4ba0b6706bde387d0f1f~mv2.webp

Thats a little creepy internet stalker-is, but... maybe you get a pass. :) 100% agree I hope this helps kick their business to the next level.

Didn't know about the El Camino, as an ex-owner of one, even more reason to like him! Technically mine was as GMC Caballero but no pics, it was pre FB.

What a tragic event, so sad and sickening. This shit needs to stop.

Are the additional regulations on guns in effect yet? I don't recall the details from that new legislation.
Time for it to be addressed each and every time a mass shooting happens.
Well Colorado has red flag laws. Where LEO's can invoke against what they deem as a dangerous person. It would have raised the shooters profile with law enforcement. For various reasons the 2019 incident nobody did.

• Sad
Reactions: funksouljon
Guess the other takeaway to this, to stop active shooters, we don't need a guy with a gun, we need a guy (or girl) with a spine to do something. If only politicians has a spine, they could do something as well.

I've told my family if we are ever in this situation, I will get them safe, and then go after the shooter.

I hope I never face this, but hope I do as I say I will do if I do.

("Never underestimate the power of a small group of people to change the world...In fact, it is the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead)

I've told my family if we are ever in this situation, I will get them safe, and then go after the shooter.

I hope I never face this, but hope I do as I say I will do if I do.

("Never underestimate the power of a small group of people to change the world...In fact, it is the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead)

Yep, it's easy to think and say, MUCH harder to actually commit to the life or death action.

Yes. Reporting the bar as LGBTQ before there was any evidence that that was relevant to the perp’s motive or intent was wrong and unhelpful to LGBTQ acceptance.

Are you trying to play stupid or not? You can’t actually be this dumb? He literally went to a gay bar to murder people that were gay/lesbian/tran. Why be a bigot?

So now who's treating people differently?

You're a clown who has a really bad take.

But being a sports fan is not an immutable characteristic. It’s a choice, a behavior. And not one that is core to a person’s being.

Being LGBTQ is core to a person. It is who they are, not just what they are. They can’t not be that. So, it is important that we as a society (e,g. Reporters) not segment them out of the entirety of the population (unless it is relevant to the story) (which it wasn’t known to be at first reporting).

Are you trying to play stupid or not? You can’t actually be this dumb? He literally went to a gay bar to murder people that were gay/lesbian/tran. Why be a bigot?

Yes. We know this now. But the first reporters (e.g. WSJ yesterday) did not know this (WSJ even explicitly said “no motive known”), yet referenced LGBTQ (WSJ in headline).

Again, if you only knew how funny calling me an LGBTQ bigot was.

• Haha
Yes. We know this now. But the first reporters (e.g. WSJ yesterday) did not know this (WSJ even explicitly said “no motive known”), yet referenced LGBTQ (WSJ in headline).

Well we'd know if you'd stop making suggestive comments and just told us you twat.

Being a bigot isn’t funny and you should probably check yourself in the mirror. The DUDE went into a place that has primary LGBTQ people in it and you don’t think it wasn’t a targeted attack? That is bigoted and stupid and god damn embarrassing that you are trying to say it’s not. Have fun at your klan meeting tonight there Christian…

Being a bigot isn’t funny and you should probably check yourself in the mirror. The DUDE went into a place that has primary LGBTQ people in it and you don’t think it wasn’t a targeted attack? That is bigoted and stupid and god damn embarrassing that you are trying to say it’s not. Have fun at your klan meeting tonight there Christian…
What’s funny about this is the analogizing to sports. And sports presents a really good analogy that his twatness is missing. There are bars around the country super-well-known as “Iowa” bars — especially on fall Saturdays. Should politicians and political media personalities decide to flame shitty anti-Iowa-football-fan rhetoric for a decade or forever, and then, you know, some Saturday during an Iowa football game someone comes in a-shooting, it would be entirely fair to immediately wonder if the bar’s being well-know in the community as an “Iowa bar” is endemic to the story.

Well we'd know if you'd stop making suggestive comments and just told us you twat.

I’ve hesitate due to confidentiality and the persecution that an LGBTQ person can face, but I will go as far as saying a very close family member of mine is a trans female. I love and respect and support her no less than I did before she transitioned. Interestingly, I think I love and respect and support her no more than before she transitioned, because the LGBTQ community has always had my full support, going back to my gay college roommate first year and my gay first boss in 1981 (when it was much less tolerated).

Reactions: ThorneStockton

No, when I first heard of the attack, and the type of club, I thought it was likely an attack targeted at the LGBTQ community. We now know it was.

But, the reporters (e.g. WSJ) didn’t know it at their first reports, yet cited the LGBTQ factor. They are not supposed to guess at motive.

I’m an atheist, so try again on the last sentence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT