ADVERTISEMENT

May the largest pocket book win

i assume you're a paranoid fan just doing his thing. if not i'd really fear for you're disability of not being able to think critically and distinguish between those two things. on one hand we have something illegal and on the other we have something that makes a whole lotta sense based on recent developments and what most would consider 'good news.'

not this board though. this board gonna keep doing the HR thing. knock yourselves out.

Pretty sure none of us care. We respect bnicolls for what he does to support the program. You being on an Iowa board and criticizing him is pure and simple bullshit. Go away.

It’s freaking weird and reeks of jealousy. Of course it can’t be easy for an ISU fan to watch Iowa put this together while the CWC misses modest fundraising goals most years.

i assume you're a paranoid fan just doing his thing. if not i'd really fear for you're disability of not being able to think critically and distinguish between those two things. on one hand we have something illegal and on the other we have something that makes a whole lotta sense based on recent developments and what most would consider 'good news.'

not this board though. this board gonna keep doing the HR thing. knock yourselves out.
Ummmmmm.........just an FYI when you present your information as factual people may think you know rather than 'I heard'

but the fact that Iowa is instituting a women's program makes the U and the state chip in on facilities. The money that Tom raised isn't all needed now. huge boost to HWC and whatever coffers they can use it for otherwise.

Perhaps re-read your post and see how it could possibly be taken that you posted from a position of knowledge rather than an opinion or message board fodder. Heck try the 'With Iowa starting a woman's program does that mean the school/state will pitch in for this project?'
The conversation may be different............keep doing your 'smalls' thing though. :cool:

and yet even after i acknowledged the error, some douche continue with "spread psu pays their wrestlers"...

whatever though. doesn't bother me much. you guys are an insufferable bunch but it aint gonna ruin my day

Reactions: HawkinBako
and yet even after i acknowledged the error, some douche continue with "spread psu pays their wrestlers"...

whatever though. doesn't bother me much. you guys are an insufferable bunch but it aint gonna ruin my day
grow up and recognize sarcasm….you seem to react a lot though……..never called you any names and you are on our board.

Reactions: Gobblin

You got spanked for running your mouth once again. Now you are having a temper tantrum attacking the message board here. What's new? Nothing. So predictable

-Someone should video tape me taking your chew and Budweiser away. You would have an epic meltdown, ending with your mom coming to pick you up

You appear to be far smarter than the roll you are playing in this thread. If it's just a troll than kudos to you and a tip of the cap for you played it well.

"Geesh. it was just a comment on a message board. not a 'report'.

i was just mentioning what i had heard - that some costs would be negated b/c the state and u would be chipping in. if that's not the case, i apologize (but it makes sense to me and someone above said that's the case)."

That's a fairly lame "acknowledged the error". It's a similar approach I have used 'I am sorry that made you mad' not sorry for what I did or said but sorry it made you mad. The other alternative is that you aren't very objective when reviewing what you post and don't realize how it could easily be interpreted..... but keep beating the 'keep being HR' drum when it's actually you who created the mess and then after feebly attempting to acknowledge the mistake doubling down with the douche and insufferable bunch garbage.

Sorry to nit(tany)pick but crabass said to tell y’all that it’s your not you’re. Then again since you aren’t a journalist you get a pass on grammar and fake news.

I'm not usually involved in these spats with Willie but the guy said something he heard on a message board that turned out to be inaccurate. Inaccurate crap is said on here all the time. He was corrected and didn't double down on it. Not really a big deal. Not like he tweeted it as fact or ran a story. Crabby's two cent beef with Bob is just silly.

^^^ what MVP said.

i was just making conversation then all of a sudden i'm a turd, i'm untrustworthy, the staff doesn't like me....yadda, yadda, yadda.

i mean, whatever, not a big deal. i'll live.

Reactions: HawkinBako
^^^ what MVP said.

i was just making conversation then all of a sudden i'm a turd, i'm untrustworthy, the staff doesn't like me....yadda, yadda, yadda.

i mean, whatever, not a big deal. i'll live.
Forgot penn st fan too!!!

Reactions: el dub
I'm not usually involved in these spats with Willie but the guy said something he heard on a message board that turned out to be inaccurate. Inaccurate crap is said on here all the time. He was corrected and didn't double down on it. Not really a big deal. Not like he tweeted it as fact or ran a story. Crabby's two cent beef with Bob is just silly.
I am not usually in the spat either but he didn’t present it as ‘message board chatter’ he presented it as a fact, when called on it he very weakly admitted his faux pas.
Now it’s the ‘just providing conversation’ angle.
It’s like the loudmouth in the bar proclaiming to have scored 4 TD’s for Polk High and one of his teammates showing up and saying that he was a scout team player…… then moving to ‘well I scored 4 TD’s in practice is what I meant’

Probably a great troll after a few pops that night, got called on it and went ‘douche HR like always’ not a good look for him in this one.

No matter if I agree with you or not, glad to have you back on the air as FRL became unlistenable shortly after you left, which I didn't think would happen, but on that I guess you were right.

However - You have to clean up that show. You and that other bald dude have to figure out which one of you is the play by play guy and which is Ed McMahon. You can't keep interrupting and talking over each other.

Can he not figure out your pace? Whenever you pause for dramatic affect, dude jumps in and starts gabbing. Tell him to stfu and be a better listener. Give him a copy of 7 Habit and tell him to study it. He is trying so hard to get his points across that he's not even listening to what you are saying.

The segment where you were trying to make a point on NIL using a baseball example was the most frustrating few minutes of my entire day, thought I was on a baseball podcast for a few mins, and I hate baseball.

Your team needs 1 main voice, yours,. The rest of the team needs to be Fred and Robyn and let Howard Stern do his thing.
Im that other bald guy thanks for listening. Appreciate the feedback. That show was long and I did find myself interrupting Willie more than normal although we do that at times . We have been doing shows awhile now and I can tell when hes pausing or lost his train of thought. I have been waiting for someone to complain and not like me and your the first which makes me feel good since we have done lots of shows. Hope you keep listening and I can make you a fan along the way and if not thats life we cant please everyone

Not sure why you feel the need to pick a fight with everyone with your all or nothing type approach to the fans on this Board. Limit your comments to the handful of those who like to pick fights with you.

I have to weigh in on this one: I think this is just wrong! Personally, whether I agree with NIL or not is of no consequence. I just think it's wrong to offer these kids money in the event they sign with a school. Yeah, I'm old fashioned, I get it, it just seems a little extreme to me. Our kids should already be grateful for any offers they receive through these programs to be a part of these team.

Not sure why you feel the need to pick a fight with everyone with your all or nothing type approach to the fans on this Board. Limit your comments to the handful of those who like to pick fights with you.
Or choose not to fight and name call when you’re the one who created the issue….. but this is probably just douche HR in action

Reactions: 24 so far
Geesh. it was just a comment on a message board. not a 'report'.

i was just mentioning what i had heard - that some costs would be negated b/c the state and u would be chipping in. if that's not the case, i apologize (but it makes sense to me and someone above said that's the case).

Smalls. You still collecting free rent in someone’s basement? Someone told me that at nationals. Want to make sure it’s true before I run with it.

Smalls. You still collecting free rent in someone’s basement? Someone told me that at nationals. Want to make sure it’s true before I run with it.
Can’t ask a question, you need to state it as a fact and then get pissy and attack the people who call you out for being wrong.

Im that other bald guy thanks for listening. Appreciate the feedback. That show was long and I did find myself interrupting Willie more than normal although we do that at times . We have been doing shows awhile now and I can tell when hes pausing or lost his train of thought. I have been waiting for someone to complain and not like me and your the first which makes me feel good since we have done lots of shows. Hope you keep listening and I can make you a fan along the way and if not thats life we cant please everyone
Appreciate and respect you for responding. As long as Willie is getting dragged on HR, I figured why not cap on you a little so you didn't feel left out.

It's nice to have a good wrestling show back on the air. The content is great, despite where this thread went, Willie has more insight in to what is happening day to day in the college and HS wrestling scene than anyone out there, and it's not close imo.

As for format, two guys trying to fill the same role makes the show a little stressful. Would love to see a play by play guy combined with a color commentator type interaction, but that's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

Reactions: moug and el dub
how do you 'collect' free rent, ya idiot?
The guy definitely screwed up the "living rent free in his head" statement. However, I noticed you deflected vs. replying to what, I am POSITIVE you knew, he meant...

and i am POSITIVE you guys know that i was just making conversation on a message board but used it as an opportunity to feign disdain.

anywho...yes. part of moving home from Austin was to make sure my family was financially stable. my parents are getting up there in age and their finances are tight. so i moved home and starting paying the mortgage. I live with them not out of my personal financial necessity (which i think is the point of y'all's attempt to dunk on me), but to ensure my family is ok.

things are really good and i think of moving often. even to the great state of iowa.

so there you have it. i'm sure you guys will sleep easier tonight knowing my living situation lol.

and i am POSITIVE you guys know that i was just making conversation on a message board but used it as an opportunity to feign disdain.

anywho...yes. part of moving home from Austin was to make sure my family was financially stable. my parents are getting up there in age and their finances are tight. so i moved home and starting paying the mortgage. I live with them not out of my personal financial necessity (which i think is the point of y'all's attempt to dunk on me), but to ensure my family is ok.

things are really good and i think of moving often. even to the great state of iowa.

so there you have it. i'm sure you guys will sleep easier tonight knowing my living situation lol.
Welcome to Iowa, smalls. Yes, we do want to know your business. lol Facts or conjecture. Pictures usually help.

Reactions: grapplefann
Willie seems to be tight with fellers and co now. Initially wasn’t a fan but he is good at what he does. I don’t like his political takes on twitter but wrestling stuff is great. Wrestling trumps politics. no pun intended

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT