ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Portal Targets (confirmed contacts)

Traore should be able to hold down the 2 spot if he had to. I would have loved to get another true 2 guard, maybe a combo but I think with the 2 guys we got, we'll be ok at guard

Reactions: Mohawkeye
We’re going to disagree on Dix. He’s the classic combo guard, like Perkins. He’s an excellent ball handler and has a little dribble drive game as well as a killer pull up. The more the ball is in his hands, the better we are. But even if one of the points goes down, he would only get 10 minutes a game at point. I’d say we are in better shape at point than most years. The 2 guard really is no different than the 3 or 4 position in Fran’s world.
Totally agree that Dix needs to be more involved in the offense. He is a decent ballhandler, has a great mid range game, and is a very good 3 pt shooter. He is also our best defender. Josh is not the facilitator that Harding and probably Thelwell are. I really like the idea of a true PG with Payton and Dix on the wings, Freeman operating near the basket, and a 4 who can rebound and shoot spot up jumpers. Dix as an emergency PG will work, but then who plays at shooting guard, especially for extended minutes? That is the problem. Remember that we need to handle both ends of the court.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT