ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Portal Targets (confirmed contacts)

Apparently not, but a good friend not associated to the AD and who just won a bet from them could. ;)

a4549fcc-62be-4e38-8f82-c9ef4943f783_text.gif

They show a lot of made 3 pointers in the highlights. But he shot 26%. Only 43% field goal shooting. Probably because of him being undersized.

They show a lot of made 3 pointers in the highlights. But he shot 26%. Only 43% field goal shooting. Probably because of him being undersized.
He's a pretty poor offensive player but I also think Manhattan also used him very incorrectly.
The important piece about Traore in particular is that he was top-100 in the entire country in defensive rebounding rate as a 3/4 on a terrible team. That to me sparks my interest because rebounding was probably Iowa's biggest overall weakness last year.

He's a pretty poor offensive player but I also think Manhattan also used him very incorrectly.
The important piece about Traore in particular is that he was top-100 in the entire country in defensive rebounding rate as a 3/4 on a terrible team. That to me sparks my interest because rebounding was probably Iowa's biggest overall weakness last year.
Yep. He looks like he has some offensive skills, but what Iowa needs most are interior defenders and rebounders. He seems to have a similar skill set to Dembele. Koch is more of a shooter and a 3/4, so getting another interior rebounder is critical. I think we already will have plenty of offensive firepower, especially if Payton returns.

Appears several other Major schools at least contacted him. So they at least think he has some game.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Nothing new on the visit yet I assume? Did he actually make it etc.

Update on Seydou Traore. Note that this analyst thinks we are a potential top 25 team IF Payton comes back.

The "non shooter" comment kinda sucks, especially if Payton heads to the NBA....

• Haha
Reactions: $ugar_$hane
I think for Fran he had an order of getting players in the portal the first was a G in Drew, now he wanted a F with Seydou, I think we might try to get a G or best available after getting the first two done. I read somewhere that 60 percent of the names who entered the portal are still in the portal so still options out there let’s just get Seydou to commit within the next 24 hours….

In the past, it would not have been a great idea to add to class that already has 4 recruits, but I think the portal eliminated that concern. Another interior player with athleticism can't hurt, especially one that likes to rebound.

Reactions: chaneccooms
Thanks for the info. Is he really a guard? Seems more like a forward, even a small PF, to me, since he isn't a great shooter and is an excellent rebounder. Either way, Fran has added another physical, athletic player, and this team could have a different personality than past teams.
I want to believe that but I've thought that about a dozen times before. I hope it's true!

Thanks for the info. Is he really a guard? Seems more like a forward, even a small PF, to me, since he isn't a great shooter and is an excellent rebounder. Either way, Fran has added another physical, athletic player, and this team could have a different personality than past teams.
That's weird, I've now seen guard and power forward. I like the looks of his athleticism, defense rebounding and passing.

If you do all that stuff you can find a role.

Honestly, the motion of his 3pt shot isn't bad, kind of a Paul George look.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT