ADVERTISEMENT

McConnell says national abortion ban ‘possible’

highly intelligent lib response.
Dude, we’re talking about @gonegolfing . And is it “intelligent” to take the words of one person and immediately generalize them to an entire group of people? Like, as a matter of habit? I’m going to suggest no, it’s not intelligent. It’s the behavior of a simple-minded doofus.

Reactions: Tom Paris
This however only goes back to the ultimate problem of how insanely divided this country is politically.

There are a lot of countries where there is no super majority requirement in their legislatures and that they are able to create laws with relative ease. And yet they don't experience the problem of the parties going through and overturning everything the previous party did.

Something is broken in this country down to the core.
It's because those countries typically have parliamentary style governments and have to form coalitions to form a government....pretty much ensures compromise. In our 2 party system...with no Filibuster....there will be zero incentive to compromise.

They don't compromise much now but still do....covid relief/infrastructure bill ect....

Get rid of the filibuster it'll be even worse....

It's because those countries typically have parliamentary style governments and have to form coalitions to form a government....pretty much ensures compromise. In our 2 party system...with no Filibuster....there will be zero incentive to compromise.

They don't compromise much now but still do....covid relief/infrastructure bill ect....

Get rid of the filibuster it'll be even worse....

Maybe but the UK has pretty much a 2 party system. I mean they have representatives for several minor parties in parliament however coalition governments are uncommon while majority governments where one party has a full on majority are the rule rather than the exception.

Dude, we’re talking about @gonegolfing . And is it “intelligent” to take the words of one person and immediately generalize them to an entire group of people? Like, as a matter of habit? I’m going to suggest no, it’s not intelligent. It’s the behavior of a simple-minded doofus.
You sure burn up your internet credits early in the month. I'm not sure the institution realizes you might benefit by spreading your time over a broader spread. Be much better for your mental health.

• Haha
Reactions: NCHawk5
You sure burn up your internet credits early in the month. I'm not sure the institution realizes you might benefit by spreading your time over a broader spread. Be much better for your mental health.
You and goldmom love to suggest those in disagreement simply must be institutionalized. Interesting. Not fascist. Not at all.

You have a point but wouldn't you agree that libs are much more prone to use profanity and name call in response to people they do not agree with? I think we need to talk to each other and be civil as possible. Who knows , maybe common ground can be found. We have had 3 presidents in row that suck at uniting us. Maybe if ordinary citizens treated each other with respect and talked better, the next president could take a hint. The extremes of both parties have had too much say.

What will be interesting is if Mitch removes the filibuster so they can ban abortion and then brings it back. I wouldn't put it past him.

• Haha
It's almost like Republicans are telling us what they are going to do.
We should believe them. They want to impose Sharia Law upon the rest of us.
Again - Sharia law is more liberal on abortion than republicans.

You have a point but wouldn't you agree that libs are much more prone to use profanity and name call in response to people they do not agree with? I think we need to talk to each other and be civil as possible. Who knows , maybe common ground can be found. We have had 3 presidents in row that suck at uniting us. Maybe if ordinary citizens treated each other with respect and talked better, the next president could take a hint. The extremes of both parties have had too much say.
Dude, this is HROT. I think of it as a barber shop or bar where anything goes and we all name-call and bullshit nearly always with no real offense intended. It’s hilarious how the perception is skewed by tribe, too. The name-calling is universal. Hell, your boy just called me mentally ill. I take no real offense. I don’t complain about the name-calling. I don’t try to suggest righties do it more. I just play along. Because we’re all just idiots talking shit in a forum full of idiots.

And this is all quite funny because while you didn’t “name-call” in the technical sense, you just broad-brushed, implicitly, and entire group of people as at-best “lower-form”.

You have no complaint, and surely no objective observation. At some point acknowledge your own bias.

Maybe but the UK has pretty much a 2 party system. I mean they have representatives for several minor parties in parliament however coalition governments are uncommon while majority governments where one party has a full on majority are the rule rather than the exception.
What we need is to go back to the talking filibuster. Make them put in some work to deny discussion or a vote being brought up. How it is now is a huge problem in my book

Dude, this is HROT. I think of it as a barber shop or bar where anything goes and we all name-call and bullshit nearly always with no real offense intended. It’s hilarious how the perception is skewed by tribe, too. The name-calling is universal. Hell, your boy just called me mentally ill. I take no real offense. I don’t complain about the name-calling. I don’t try to suggest righties do it more. I just play along. Because we’re all just idiots talking shit in a forum full of idiots.

And this is all quite funny because while you didn’t “name-call” in the technical sense, you just broad-brushed, implicitly, and entire group of people as at-best “lower-form”.

You have no complaint, and surely no objective observation. At some point acknowledge your own bias.
lol

I’m a little more pragmatic here. I think this is McConnell sending a warning shot about the filibuster rule. Both sides need to be careful here because getting rid of the filibuster for one thing is going to lead to policy that the other side abhors when the power shifts.

Mitch will end the filibuster in the 1st 10 seconds of the term they take control. Total control. Why would he allow Dems to any say in the sessions he plans to get absolutely nothing done. Except unqualified judicial appointments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT