ADVERTISEMENT

McCord tells Matt Rhule...

To pound sand!

Funny as hell, if $1.5M -$2M isn't enough to bribe someone to play in Lincoln, what will it take?

With Rogers to Washington, looks like Spencer Petras might be getting a call.

LOL
Petras is already committed somewhere.

if they flipped the #1 guy why does mccord matter? what am i missing?
McCord has one year of eligibility.

Raiola could redshirt and have four years of eligibility.

Also sounds like the top QB recruit commit they had BEFORE this circus started is visiting Michigan State this weekend.
How hilarious would it be if Kaelin goes to MSU, McCord goes elsewhere, and Georgia increases their NIL and keeps Raiola?
Nebby starts Chububba Purdy next fall!
Nebby is a dumpster fire. Like watching a NASCAR race and waiting for the inevitable 12 car crash on the final lap.

Last edited:
Petras is already committed somewhere.
Where? Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University? I heard they have a stellar offense or Regis College is the Pride… he would be playing against 12/13 year old kids … I am sure he could pass for over 400 yards for the first time in his career at one of these rinky dink colleges

Last edited:
Where? Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University? I heard they have a stellar offense or Regis College is the Pride… he would be playing against 12/13 year old kids … I am sure he could pass for over 400 yards for the first time in his career at one of these rinky dink colleges
Last I heard, Petras committed to Utah State.

Also sounds like the top QB recruit commit they had BEFORE this circus started is visiting Michigan State this weekend.
How hilarious would it be if Kaelin goes to MSU, McCord goes elsewhere, and Georgia increases their NIL and keeps Raiola?
Nebby is a dumpster fire. Like watching a NASCAR race and waiting for the inevitable 12 car crash on the final lap.
If Raiola is using this as leverage and Nebraska misses out on all three guys, KD, McCord and Raiola, yikes. 😊

You can say that now but I'm telling you Matt Rhule is one hell of a coach. I was in Texas when he took over Baylor and turned it around. Nebraska might be have difficulty winning one score games but that's nothing compared to what Art Briles left him at Baylor. Two or three years from now I would almost guarantee Nebraska will have a better program than Iowa because they have endless resources, a better NIL and their coach will be under 70. I don't think they will ever get back to the glory days but I'm just saying...

You can say that now but I'm telling you Matt Rhule is one hell of a coach. I was in Texas when he took over Baylor and turned it around. Nebraska might be have difficulty winning one score games but that's nothing compared to what Art Briles left him at Baylor. Two or three years from now I would almost guarantee Nebraska will have a better program than Iowa because they have endless resources, a better NIL and their coach will be under 70. I don't think they will ever get back to the glory days but I'm just saying...
His list of victories over teams that ended up ranked is very impressive.

I would take Kaelin all day over Ressar but that is from my untrained eye. Kaelin seems to throw a better ball and have a little more natural athleticism.

Reactions: Land Shark7

Also sounds like the top QB recruit commit they had BEFORE this circus started is visiting Michigan S tate this weekend.
Just a thought. If I were the #1 rated QB, I'd go to Nebraska for $1.5 to $2M with the caveat that I get to red shirt my freshmen year. Then after the season, I would go into the portal and sign with a school that has a chance of winning it all. Why not take all the cash to sit for a year, and then take a little less to play for a good team. This would be poetic justice if it actually happens.

Just a thought. If I were the #1 rated QB, I'd go to Nebraska for $1.5 to $2M with the caveat that I get to red shirt my freshmen year. Then after the season, I would go into the portal and sign with a school that has a chance of winning it all. Why not take all the cash to sit for a year, and then take a little less to play for a good team. This would be poetic justice if it actually happens.
Without knowing, I would think there is language written into the NIL to prevent that?

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I suspect if things don't improve quickly, Nebby will revert back to recruiting guys with past criminal records.
Maybe JUCO players?

• Haha
Reactions: pistachio1999
better NIL

Read an article that ranked NIL programs.

NE came in pretty low, 42nd I believe. IA was around 15th.

Saw another article that showed NE was near the bottom in the B10 when it came to spending.

Obviously things can just pretty quick in this subject.

Because nobody would agree to that

Reactions: doughuddl2
To pound sand!

Funny as hell, if $1.5M -$2M isn't enough to bribe someone to play in Lincoln, what will it take?

With Rogers to Washington, looks like Spencer Petras might be getting a call.

LOL
McCord's issue-demand is that he wants assurance that he'll be the starting QB at his new school. He did it at OSU and now Nebraska. He's not worth upsetting your QB room. What coach would undermine his existing QB room to satisfy a TP transfer that hasn't proved himself at that school. Plus, he had unbelievable offensive weapons at OSU - something that he won't have Nebraska or any new school he picks. Hint - Kyle, you need to earn the starting QB job.....just not be given it.

McCord's issue-demand is that he wants assurance that he'll be the starting QB at his new school. He did it at OSU and now Nebraska. He's not worth upsetting your QB room. What coach would undermine his existing QB room to satisfy a TP transfer that hasn't proved himself at that school. Plus, he had unbelievable offensive weapons at OSU - something that he won't have Nebraska or any new school he picks. Hint - Kyle, you need to earn the starting QB job.....just not be given it.
And the Raiola family won't demand something similar???

That's rich.

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
Matt Rhule is absolutely a good coach and will have his chances to turn things around, but now with a 20+ year gap between Rhule and Osborn/Solich, the program isn’t what it used to be and has significant recruiting issues. NIL could be their friend, but if the system is ever leveled, Lincoln won’t be an easy place to recruit to. Most of the B1G is within 3-4 hours of NYC, Philly, Indianapolis, Detroit, Minneapolis, LA & Seattle. Nebraska is the biggest outlier and pretty significantly so. Oregon is also an outlier, being more than 4 hrs outside Seattle, but they obviously have Phil Knight and a really established program with national recruiting reach.

Rhule may very well be able to win at Nebraska, but a big difference from his time at Baylor where he sat right there in Texas with so much D1 talent all around.

Matt Rhule is absolutely a good coach and will have his chances to turn things around, but now with a 20+ year gap between Rhule and Osborn/Solich, the program isn’t what it used to be and has significant recruiting issues. NIL could be their friend, but if the system is ever leveled, Lincoln won’t be an easy place to recruit to. Most of the B1G is within 3-4 hours of NYC, Philly, Indianapolis, Detroit, Minneapolis, LA & Seattle. Nebraska is the biggest outlier and pretty significantly so. Oregon is also an outlier, being more than 4 hrs outside Seattle, but they obviously have Phil Knight and a really established program with national recruiting reach.

Rhule may very well be able to win at Nebraska, but a big difference from his time at Baylor where he sat right there in Texas with so much D1 talent all around.
You watch his in game decisions this season?

Clock mgmt was atrocious.

He recruited Sims, who was a human turnover machine.

LOL

Reactions: pistachio1999
And the Raiola family won't demand something similar???

That's rich.
Keep in mind that the Raiola family have Nebraska in their bloodlines and has always been a realistic option. My guess is that Nebraska is telling the kid how great he is and will have a chance to start once he adjusted to CF and learns their system

Plus, Nebraska - nor any major school - will assure a kid straight out of HS the starting job - that's what McCord is requiring. McCord started for a major powerhouse last year with a top 2 or 3 offense with unreal weapons around him. 2024 will be McCord's 4th year in CF. You don't see a different situation between the two ? My guess is that Nebraska is throwing HUGE NIL money at Raiola

Keep in mind that the Raiola family have Nebraska in their bloodlines and has always been a realistic option. My guess is that Nebraska is telling the kid how great he is and will have a chance to start once he adjusted to CF and learns their system

Plus, Nebraska - nor any major school - will assure a kid straight out of HS the starting job - that's what McCord is requiring. McCord started for a major powerhouse last year with a top 2 or 3 offense with unreal weapons around him. 2024 will be McCord's 4th year in CF. You don't see a different situation between the two ? My guess is that Nebraska is throwing HUGE NIL money at Raiola
So a family that's had their son attend four different high schools in four years and is close to "committing" to a third college isn't demanding to start on Day 1?

You really believe what you just typed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT