ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (W) vs Indiana Game Thread*****

Last post for the night before I have to deal with all the petty angry types.

CC had a poor game as did the whole team. It happens.

We don’t lack athleticism, we don’t lack good players, we had a bad game…

It is what it is…we’ve lost 4 games and we were ice cold. CC alone was 8-26 & 3-16…

They also let IU foul like fing crazy inside. We most have missed 10 plus layups.

Looks correct to me.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Last post for the night before I have to deal with all the petty angry types.

CC had a poor game as did the whole team. It happens.

We don’t lack athleticism, we don’t lack good players, we had a bad game…

It is what it is…we’ve lost 4 games and we were ice cold. CC alone was 8-26 & 3-16…

They also let IU foul like fing crazy inside. We most have missed 10 plus layups.
We lack skilled centers and need one player to score 40 a night. Recipe for failure. The fact they're so successful with this formula is a testament to how good CC is.

She was off so she tried to get her team mates involved they could not hit 1 foot lay ups
Clark either assisted or scored on 60% of the points Iowa scored. Clark shot poorly but the biggest issue was the missed opportunities around the basket.

Well that and shooting 3s uncharacteristically bad.

Reactions: Sandistar
The more I watch WBB, the more I realize I don’t know what a foul is or isn’t anymore. Traveling? Who knows.

Iowa beat them by 27 the first time out. Good for them winning at home.

Holmes schooled Stulke and no one helped. Flush it...
HS was pretty much out of position all night (others sucked too). I ma not sure where HS can play, she can't shoot to play the four.

This team is heading in the wrong direction at this time of the year. Very much a lack of toughness and support players. It could all of this has finally worn CC down as well.

JMO

HS was pretty much out of position all night (others sucked too). I ma not sure where HS can play, she can't shoot to play the four.

This team is heading in the wrong direction at this time of the year. Very much a lack of toughness and support players. It could all of this has finally worn CC down as well.

JMO
Bluder needs to pull her head out of her ass and start playing O'Grady and Stuelke more at the same time against taller lineups like Indiana.

Of course they probably did while I wasn't watching on TV, but I don't think a taller lineup like that would fare any worse against their starting 5 compared to the effort we got tonight.

Man I’ve tried to support GM but man she’s been bad. You need to sit her more and give those minutes to Affolter. Gabby just not bringing anything to the table right now..

Agreed,
Her shot is broke. Supposedly defense is why she plays. Iowa is not built on defense.
They are built to put up points. unfortunately she doesn’t provide points consistently.

Indiana has won a lot of games in a row at home, so the loss isn't shocking. How bad we look for stretches is concerning
Davis has not looked the same since returning from being ill, and this team is a really bad matchup for her. A bunch of athletic big girls. Everyone of them just take her in the paint, and she's toast. Garzon played up to her billing tonight. She looked like dog crap in Iowa City. Of course Parrish has been out injured, and come back against us and looks all B1G. This is the down side of "the CC effect". Everybody gets pumped up to test themselves against her, and with that type of home crowd, wow. Cc effect whatever, sure didn't see hardly any black and gold in the stands.

Bluder needs to pull her head out of her ass and start playing O'Grady and Stuelke more at the same time against taller lineups like Indiana.

Of course they probably did while I wasn't watching on TV, but I don't think a taller lineup like that would fare any worse against their starting 5 compared to the effort we got tonight.
I don’t think they played together. Doubling Holmes with them 2 together would have helped tonight

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT