ADVERTISEMENT

*****Illinois vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

CC is a bundle of nerves in my mind, however, let’s look at what happened today…..

Her shot is “off” not bad. She is still rimming out most of them. Her passing and effort is exemplary. Her rebounding & defense gets better and better….

Then this happened… Martin & Stuelke were awesome, aggressive from the start.

Feurbach & Affolter were both in the game early…

Molly looked sharp…

She sat CC & least 2wice….

It was a little sloppy at times but they were flying up the court….

Negative…. CC is very demonstrative right now & the defense was lackluster.

Defense like Swiss cheese and they don't rebound well. They don't play with any urgency on that end of the court. Unless Clark starts shooting better, they will have trouble the next few weeks. Just like the men, they try to outscore their opponent, so the shooting always has to be on.

By the press. Kylie could EASILY do as much and very likely more. I’d bet McCabe could as well. Gabby is a very glaring weakness right now.

Never understood the fans need for their Lb of flesh 🤷‍♂️

Her minutes have been getting peeled back, Feurbach was in super early today and Affolter plays similar minutes, now….

Sure sit a 6th year Sr because the fans think she has no value.

More & more I realize why some can coach and some can’t. And listen, I’m not pro Gabby Marshall, I want Affolter getting as many minutes as possible and the same goes with Feurbach and although I’m not quite as high on McCabe as some of you guys, I do like to see her play, but never would I be naïve enough to think that I know all the value that a player like Gabby Marshall brings to the table …

Nor do you…

But sure let’s get the media in their to grill coach Bluder because by gawd we need answers…

Her minutes have been getting peeled back, Feurbach was in super early today and Affolter plays similar minutes, now….

More & more I realize why some can coach and some can’t. And listen, I’m not pro Gabby Marshall, I want Affolter getting as many minutes as possible and the same goes with Feurbach and although I’m not quite as high on McCabe as some of you guys, I do like to see her play, but never would I be naïve enough to think that I know all the value that a player like Gabby Marshall brings to the table …

Nor do you…

But sure let’s get the media in their to grill coach Bluder because by gawd we need answers…
the-godfather-its-not-personal.gif

Defense like Swiss cheese and they don't rebound well. They don't play with any urgency on that end of the court. Unless Clark starts shooting better, they will have trouble the next few weeks. Just like the men, they try to outscore their opponent, so the shooting always has to be on.

Our rebounding margin is 24th in the nation FWIW…

We also have the 6th ranked schedule in the country and 4 losses, so if that’s trouble, we are ok.

I’m am curious though what you attribute Indianas 20 pt loss to Illinois to?

Nor do you…

I’m truly not trying to pound the kid and I appreciate what she’s done in her career. But regardless of her potential leadership on or off the court, she is simply a detriment to the team right now and has been for 90-95% of the year. We all hope(d) she pulls out of it and does what we know she can do but at this point it simply is not happening. And at this point in the season a team needs players who produce tangible results. Gabby isn’t it.

I’m truly not trying to pound the kid and I appreciate what she’s done in her career. But regardless of her potential leadership on or off the court, she is simply a detriment to the team right now and has been for 90-95% of the year. We all hope(d) she pulls out of it and does what we know she can do but at this point it simply is not happening. And at this point in the season a team needs players who produce tangible results. Gabby isn’t it.

Once again…if Lisa wants her on the floor, I’ll live with it. I’m assuming your boss or you if you are your own boss lives with your decisions, right?

Reactions: Bishop-71
Our rebounding margin is 24th in the nation FWIW…

We also have the 6th ranked schedule in the country and 4 losses, so if that’s trouble, we are ok.

I’m am curious though what you attribute Indianas 20 pt loss to Illinois to?
Just from the box score it looks like a poor shooting night (6 of 20 from 3......wtf was that on Thursday.) and a MASSIVE disparity in both FT shooting and turnovers.

The game was at Illinois (24 FT attempts to 9, some home cooking perhaps???) and they are playing with a lot of momentum so that happens from time to time.

Just from the box score it looks like a poor shooting night (6 of 20 from 3......wtf was that on Thursday.) and a MASSIVE disparity in both FT shooting and turnovers.

The game was at Illinois (24 FT attempts to 9, some home cooking perhaps???) and they are playing with a lot of momentum so that happens from time to time.

So it happens to everyone….i guess 🤷‍♂️ who would have thought that 😳

lol…still yes. Lisa hasn’t lost us any games (Lol, let's not get too carried away here.........) and we can clearly win if CCs shot is off. Illinois is a better team than I had guessed.

Our defense was poor today however…more so than normal in my opinion (no, actually this has been pretty par for the course, unfortunately. Go back and look at some of our wins in the last 6-8 games.)

Our defense has been better than today…

And every time a team losses it’s not always because of the coach…yikes!

Although I’m guessing you are just being you…

Once again…if Lisa wants her on the floor, I’ll live with it. I’m assuming your boss or you if you are your own boss lives with your decisions, right?
Yes but I’m accountable for my decisions as well. A different setting in that I’m not accountable to fans/press asking me questions but I still have to explain to my employees and customers when I make a decision and it doesn’t go well

Well, their job is to win so at the end of the day, the week, the month the year, five years… If they haven’t won enough, they should be fired, but generally in a game to game basis, they’re not losing games the players are…..

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Yes but I’m accountable for my decisions as well. A different setting in that I’m not accountable to fans/press asking me questions but I still have to explain to my employees and customers when I make a decision and it doesn’t go well

Meh…. If you’ve got a good job, and a good boss, and they’ve hired you to do a job and you’re a high-powered employee… I’d be shocked if you’d take too much micromanaging, that’s basically what you’re asking for….

Reactions: Bishop-71
Meh…. If you’ve got a good job, and a good boss, and they’ve hired you to do a job and you’re a high-powered employee… I’d be shocked if you’d take too much micromanaging, that’s basically what you’re asking for….
Hey cm. I actually disagree with you for a change. Over the last 5 years Fran has a 70% win rate. Plus his recruiting is going to get us deep in the tournament. I hope anyway. Actually i like our coach. He's a really nice guy. Hope you had a good weekend.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Blow these girls put. They did for 35 minutes last time they met.

Clark needs to stop giving it up so much to hannah if she can't handle. Take it to the hole hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT