ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (W) vs Indiana Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
7pm Peacock

The No. 4 Hawkeyes (23-3, 12-2 Big Ten) are looking to solidify their place in the conference standings, but will have a tough test as they travel to Bloomington to take on the No. 12 Hoosiers (21-4, 12-3).

Indiana is a perfect 13-0 this season and will certainly be giving Iowa their best shot. The Hawkeyes have had a long rest since their Michigan victory and CC’s record breaking performance.

I think the hawks win a close one, 89-84

I didn't realize all of Indy's starters average double figures:

Indiana Leaders​

• Holmes: 20.6 PTS, 7.0 REB, 1.4 BLK, 65.4 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (2-for-7)
  • Sara Scalia: 16.0 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (81-for-185)
  • Chloe Moore-McNeil: 10.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 48.2 FG%, 42.5 3PT% (31-for-73)
  • Garzon: 11.6 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 45.3 3PT% (48-for-106)
  • Sydney Parrish: 10.2 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (33-for-84)

Iowa Leaders​

• Clark: 32.8 PTS, 8.5 AST, 1.7 STL, 47.5 FG%, 39.9 3PT% (140-for-351)
  • Martin: 13.2 PTS, 53.7 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (34-for-84)
  • Hannah Stuelke: 14.4 PTS, 63.9 FG%, 50.0 3PT% (4-for-8)
  • Sydney Affolter: 7.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 54.1 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (12-for-36)
  • Molly Davis: 5.9 PTS, 53.8 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (17-for-44)

7pm Peacock

The No. 4 Hawkeyes (23-3, 12-2 Big Ten) are looking to solidify their place in the conference standings, but will have a tough test as they travel to Bloomington to take on the No. 12 Hoosiers (21-4, 12-3).

Indiana is a perfect 13-0 this season and will certainly be giving Iowa their best shot. The Hawkeyes have had a long rest since their Michigan victory and CC’s record breaking performance.

I think the hawks win a close one, 89-84

I hope it’s not that close….😊

I’m looking for 3 specific things…..

No 2nd chance points….we are a good enough rebounding team, we need to be more consistent!

No early foul trouble!!!

And no late 3rd quarter/4th quarter lull!

2ndary thoughts…if Gabbie s going to be out there, when’s she’s open, she needs to shoot, no hesitation. I was watching a game on YouTube in her and CC freshman year. She actually dribbled down the court and shot a three-pointer from the top of the key, obviously we don’t want her gunning all the time but she’s a shooter and she needs to shoot when she’s open…

Like to see lots of Affolter and some Edinger!

Not sure why the Big Ten signed the contract with Peacock that puts two top 15 teams on a streaming service that most folks do not have. Theory explaining it may be that the conference gets a kickback on every new subscriber. Otherwise it seems like the conference is locking out potential new fans. Pretty stupid decision IMO.

This may be a pretty obvious statement, but we are at our best when….

CC has 28 plus pts @ least 8 asst and 5 plus boards and these 3 girls all flirt with double doubles points rebounds….Martin, Afolter & Stuelke…

Say 35 pts and 30 plus boards between them….

Gabbie makes at least 1, 3ptr and Molly D has 6-10 pts and 4 plus assts…

That leaves AO and Edinger Feurbach and Taylor as gravy….

Though id like to see Taylor get a little more acclimated to the rotation. Not questioning Lisa, just wishing they could find a consistent spot for her. I’m still not sure she is completely comfortable out there. Same honestly with Feurbach, though honestly, it’s hard to find the minutes.

Gabbie is about the only one you’d question and her experience and knowing where to be and leadership honestly can’t be measured. Well I guess it can, by us message boards dopes who see everything in 40 minute time slots twice a week….doh!

Last edited:
Not sure why the Big Ten signed the contract with Peacock that puts two top 15 teams on a streaming service that most folks do not have. Theory explaining it may be that the conference gets a kickback on every new subscriber. Otherwise it seems like the conference is locking out potential new fans. Pretty stupid decision IMO.
Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Why would NBC sign (and pay the money they did) if they only got scrap games?

This, even though I have peacock just to watch the hawks you would think they are losing out on tons of viewers and a lot of money actually 🤔

Reactions: NevadaHawk
This, even though I have peacock just to watch the hawks you would think they are losing out on tons of viewers and a lot of money actually 🤔

I’m not sure how to look it up, but it seems this Peacock thing, while irritating to me, (only signed in on one TV and we forgot password…Doh) has been a boon for viewership and Big 10…maybe someone, like say @Franisdaman can research it….😊

Last edited:
Just a thought - but for the price of a beer at a sports bar where some will go to watch the game, you can subscribe to Peacock for a month. Yes, I know there comes a point where enough is enough with services. But I would venture to guess that there are plenty of others that can be put on hold.

Just a thought - but for the price of a beer at a sports bar where some will go to watch the game, you can subscribe to Peacock for a month. Yes, I know there comes a point where enough is enough with services. But I would venture to guess that there are plenty of others that can be put on hold.
That price may be equivalent now but all streaming services offer lower monthly cost to attract subscribers and then jack up the price. It may be cheap now but in 5 years that price will not be the same. I’m pretty sure the big ten signed a 10 year deal. A lot changes in 10 years.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
That price may be equivalent now but all streaming services offer lower monthly cost to attract subscribers and then jack up the price. It may be cheap now but in 5 years that price will not be the same. I’m pretty sure the big ten signed a 10 year deal. A lot changes in 10 years.

True, but if your willing to play the…” no big deal, I’m leaving game”…with them they’ll keep lowering it back.

I ended up with the NFL pkg for free for 3 years as a result of Direct Tv jacking me around…

How many people go to a sports bar just to watch a game, and just buy 1 beer, and nothing else?

I hope it’s not that close….😊

I’m looking for 3 specific things…..

No 2nd chance points….we are a good enough rebounding team, we need to be more consistent!

No early foul trouble!!!

And no late 3rd quarter/4th quarter lull!

2ndary thoughts…if Gabbie s going to be out there, when’s she’s open, she needs to shoot, no hesitation. I was watching a game on YouTube in her and CC freshman year. She actually dribbled down the court and shot a three-pointer from the top of the key, obviously we don’t want her gunning all the time but she’s a shooter and she needs to shoot when she’s open…

Like to see lots of Affolter and some Edinger!
she needgoparkherbuttin thcorners and shoot whenshes open.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I
I didn't realize all of Indy's starters average double figures:

Indiana Leaders​

• Holmes: 20.6 PTS, 7.0 REB, 1.4 BLK, 65.4 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (2-for-7)
  • Sara Scalia: 16.0 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (81-for-185)
  • Chloe Moore-McNeil: 10.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 48.2 FG%, 42.5 3PT% (31-for-73)
  • Garzon: 11.6 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 45.3 3PT% (48-for-106)
  • Sydney Parrish: 10.2 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (33-for-84)

Iowa Leaders​

• Clark: 32.8 PTS, 8.5 AST, 1.7 STL, 47.5 FG%, 39.9 3PT% (140-for-351)
  • Martin: 13.2 PTS, 53.7 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (34-for-84)
  • Hannah Stuelke: 14.4 PTS, 63.9 FG%, 50.0 3PT% (4-for-8)
  • Sydney Affolter: 7.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 54.1 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (12-for-36)
  • Molly Davis: 5.9 PTS, 53.8 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (17-for-44)
believe that Parrish is out with an injury??

This may be a pretty obvious statement, but we are at our best when….

CC has 28 plus pts @ least 8 asst and 5 plus boards and these 3 girls all flirt with double doubles points rebounds….Martin, Afolter & Stuelke…

Say 35 pts and 30 plus boards between them….

Gabbie makes at least 1, 3ptr and Molly D has 6-10 pts and 4 plus assts…

That leaves AO and Edinger Feurbach and Taylor as gravy….

Though id like to see Taylor get a little more acclimated to the rotation. Not questioning Lisa, just wishing they could find a consistent spot for her. I’m still not sure she is completely comfortable out there. Same honestly with Feurbach, though honestly, it’s hard to find the minutes.

Gabbie is about the only one you’d question and her experience and knowing where to be and leadership honestly can’t be measured. Well I guess it can, by us message boards dopes who see everything in 40 minute time slots twice a week….doh!
I think Kylie plays hard, but I just don't really see much productivity from her.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I mentioned this in my preview (link below), but Parrish is just returning from injury. She only played 6 minutes in their game against Illinois on Monday and didn't do much. Not sure how much to expect from her tonight. She had 11 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 steals in the first matchup with Iowa.

https://iowa.rivals.com/news/preview-no-4-iowa-wbb-at-no-14-indiana
Why does it seem like both mens and women, whoever we play they have someone injured before we play, and they always seem to be back against us? Crazy....

I think Kylie plays hard, but I just don't really see much productivity from her.

She can shoot, she hustles, gets lose balls, but like McCabe at times. The way she bounces around you almost get the feeling, she doesn’t know what she’s supposed to be doing at any given point in time…but she’s going to play hard while she’s out there.

That’s kind of what I meant by the getting comfortable.

Some of it could be what I call the Caitlyn Clark effect… she is such a dominating force, sometimes you don’t realize how good the other girls are.

On the rare moments, CC is off the floor. You can really see how good Kate Martin and Molly Davis really are…. i’ve said this before and I think some of our critics don’t believe it, but this is a top 25 team without CC and Molly Davis running point….

Clearly nowhere near a final 4 or even an elite 8. We are shorter & lack depth but still a good team..

Reactions: joelbc1
Right, the B1G didn't sign an agreement with Peacock, they signed it with NBC (and Peacock is NBC's streaming product). NBC made those decisions.

The B1G signed a contract with NBC and agreed to an explicit number of games on Peacock. It isn't like NBC just sprang it on them. This quote is when the contract was originally announced.

Peacock will contain eight regular-season football games and potentially up to 47 regular-season men’s basketball games (32 conference and 15 non-conference) and 30 regular-season women’s basketball games (20 conference and 10 non-conference).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT