ADVERTISEMENT

Megan Gustafson

Trivia question!

There are 12 WNBA teams. 8 of them make the postseason playoffs.

Which 2 teams did not make the top 10 in the latest Power Rankings? ;)

FSU2uSJWQAAmlhn

Reactions: 2319 and littlez
Two teams that have cut Hawks in recent years. Take that!
You are correct. Dallas and Indiana.

Glad that Megan Gustafson found a home, at least until Brittney Griner returns from Russia. Wish I knew what Kathleen Doyle's future was. She left Poland in mid-season this past winter, saying she didn't like playing overseas. I thought she had a bright future on the BTN, but didn't come back to do that again. Then she tried out with the defending champion and hometown Chicago Sky this spring but got cut. She might have had better luck with Indiana.

You are correct. Dallas and Indiana.

Glad that Megan Gustafson found a home, at least until Brittney Griner returns from Russia. Wish I knew what Kathleen Doyle's future was. She left Poland in mid-season this past winter, saying she didn't like playing overseas. I thought she had a bright future on the BTN, but didn't come back to do that again. Then she tried out with the defending champion and hometown Chicago Sky this spring but got cut. She might have had better luck with Indiana.
Kathleen played in Turkey this past winter. It was the season before she was in Poland, until she wasn’t.

Really good start to the season for her. Hope it keeps rolling. 🤞

Megan made the 12 person roster that included Britney Griner (who's being held in Russia, of course). When Griner returns, I would hope Megan remains on the roster, but who knows.

Phoenix basically played 8 players last night. 2 other Mercury players played just 1 minute each (and note their size):

6'4" forward Kristine Anigwe played just 1 minute

6'0" forward Sam Thomas played just 1 minute

FSCuBsRVkAANmFz

Megan made the 12 person roster that included Britney Griner (who's being held in Russia, of course). When Griner returns, I would hope Megan remains on the roster, but who knows.

Phoenix basically played 8 players last night. 2 other Mercury players played just 1 minute each (and note their size):

6'4" forward Kristine Anigwe played just 1 minute

6'0" forward Sam Thomas played just 1 minute

FSCuBsRVkAANmFz
Wow, Diana Taurasi looks old!

Reactions: fredjr82
Megan's Phoenix Mercury beat Seattle by 20 last night (97-77).

Megan's stats:

9 minutes

3-3 FGs
0-1 FTs

6 points
5 rebounds (2 offensive)

5 fouls
One of her rebounds and basket came off the missed free throw; players on the line just stood there when the ball came off the rim. Megan came down the lane, picked the ball up and put it in. It appeared that the players forgot it was an and-one!

Reactions: Franisdaman
Watching the NBA game tonight, but just looked at the Phoenix boxscore. (game is on CBS SN). Megan is 2 for 2 from behind the arc in the first half. She was 1-12 from 3 in her WNBA career coming into the game; 1 for 2 in her collegiate career.

Aren't travelling and carrying the ball the same thing? And if you don't like players jumping from team to team, I've got some bad news for you...
Not necessarily. Carrying the ball is traveling, but you can also travel and not carry the ball. For instance, you can drag your pivot foot. That is traveling, but not carrying the ball.

Gustafson hits the deep ball to go 2 for 2 in the game and 4 for 5 from 3-point land on the season. Color commentator says she’s the best she’s ever looked in the WNBA this season and she “fits the system” of Phoenix. Too bad her coach only gives her significant minutes in blowouts.

Yep. Sure doesn’t carry the excitement of a Illinois Minnesota womens game in February does it?

I'm probably in the minority here, but I would watch an Illinois Minnesota WBB college game anytime over any WNBA game, and I'm not a fan of either team.

Gustafson hits the deep ball to go 2 for 2 in the game and 4 for 5 from 3-point land on the season. Color commentator says she’s the best she’s ever looked in the WNBA this season and she “fits the system” of Phoenix. Too bad her coach only gives her significant minutes in blowouts.
They had her playing guard as well. Weird, but she looked pretty good.

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. They are pro athletes. They want to win make a living. Period. Stop with the victim complex.
I have worked with pro athletes in multiple sports for 20 years. 50-60% of them are about winning as their top priority. The other 40-50% care most about the money and short term fame. Winning is great if it happens, but it is not the top priority in their narcissistic world. Cars, multiple homes, jewelry, and women rank ahead of winning.

Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT