ADVERTISEMENT

Mejia a Hawk!

There was a 3 timer from cali that never panned out back in the mid 2000's. I think his name was Murphy he was a 125/33 lber.
\

Right, that was Billy Murphy, who dominated CA wrestling his last 2 years of HS, similar to the way Morgan, Varner, Welch, and McIntosh did. He would've been an absolute hammer, but unfortunately had extracurriculars.

I thought Spooner confirmed he wouldn't qualify.

Yeah, Spooner seemed to know that Mejia couldn't get into Iowa. One of the rare times he's wrong.

Congrats to Justin, and looking forward to a great career, developing under TnT!

good thing we don't wrestle drexel
Almost had to be something wrong with Mejia in this match, right? Because that was a good ole' "Iowa Style" beatdown that he got.. even threw a little uppercut there at the end when DeSanto was toying with him.

I take that All Star match with a grain of salt. Desanto has proven to be a stud but I think Mejia will end up with the better career.

With his success, i would think that DeSantos will throw a wrench in 125 the next few years...hopefully if he is on the same side as PSU at NCAA's

Reactions: Wink8
Very glad to have Mejia back. As one can see from some of his matches, he is far from being a finished product. If he puts everything into it, he can do great thing though. I think he needs a lot of salt and TNT can do that for him.

This doesn't stop the recruitment of other elite 33's one bit...you know who they are.

If the price is right here I only see upside. I don't think we will have all our 133 eggs in one basket.

Very glad to have Mejia back. As one can see from some of his matches, he is far from being a finished product. If he puts everything into it, he can do great thing though. I think he needs a lot of salt and TNT can do that for him.

This doesn't stop the recruitment of other elite 33's one bit...you know who they are.

Chief I don't know if I can make 133.

I think this happens. Stickley is tough as nails. 25er next year.

Yeah could be Stickley or Wagner. Not expecting either one to AA next year, but they may have improved a lot and continue to improve before next season.

Seems like it would be impossible to be in the room right now and not be making drastic improvements at 125, 133, and 141 with the squad we have in the room as training partners/coaching staff.

ISU also has a commitment from Kamali, right? Would love to see Teske end up as a Hawkeye.

Yeah, but he committed to the old staff..don't know if that will stick on either side with the new staff..also Kamali is good, but he isn't on Teske's level. Teske won't be worried about him at all. And if Teske commits to ISU, they might not even take Kamali

He got destroyed in that match. He didn't look like the 4 time CA state champ there. The other kid was way better.

Desanto hammered Mejia in that match, but that's all it was, one match. CA had been off season a few weeks longer the PA. Mejia is going to be getting the same treatment from Gilman, Clark, McD, Laux, Dennis, Delgado everyday for a year, plus tough days with Stickley, Wagner, and Perez. Under TnT and all these partners Justin is going to be much better and if they meet again I would expect a much closer match.

Reactions: PinsNpints
Yeah, Spooner seemed to know that Mejia couldn't get into Iowa. One of the rare times he's wrong.

Congrats to Justin, and looking forward to a great career, developing under TnT!

Apply the breaks. He's not in school and taking classes yet.

I'd be really happy to be wrong in this case but I do still believe he has academic hurdles to clear before he can take the mat as a Hawkeye.

If I remember correctly Stickley had a very nice year last year wrestling unattatched and was not allowed to practice with the team. Thats what I think I remember reading anyway. Im sure some of you know more than I do about what type of preperation he was able to recieve for events he participated in.

If I remember correctly Stickley had a very nice year last year wrestling unattatched and was not allowed to practice with the team. Thats what I think I remember reading anyway. Im sure some of you know more than I do about what type of preperation he was able to recieve for events he participated in.
He wrestled with HWC

Reactions: andegre and Good30
He will be fine if the boys can get the "city" out of him. Lot of hunting and fishing should do it, throw in a little something something to keep him warm in the winter.

Apply the breaks. He's not in school and taking classes yet.

I'd be really happy to be wrong in this case but I do still believe he has academic hurdles to clear before he can take the mat as a Hawkeye.

Maybe that's why he thinks it's best not to step in right away.

Same, but not til after Gomez takes his RS.
Yikes. Wouldn't have minded bringing in Desanto at 133.

Yeah, Desanto clowned him, that's for sure.

I know Desanto was a late bloomer (as far as recruiting goes - his wins over Lee and Mejia Really put him on notice) but did he have a lot of looks from blue blood programs are did he just want to stay close to home (Drexel)?

Yeah, Desanto clowned him, that's for sure.

I know Desanto was a late bloomer (as far as recruiting goes - his wins over Lee and Mejia Really put him on notice) but did he have a lot of looks from blue blood programs are did he just want to stay close to home (Drexel)?

I read on a board he is a highly functional autistic and Drexel is a comfortable situation for him close to home. Not sure if true.

Reactions: B1S3K3SC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT