ADVERTISEMENT

Mejia a Hawk!

He will be fine if the boys can get the "city" out of him. Lot of hunting and fishing should do it, throw in a little something something to keep him warm in the winter.

Clovis ain't much bigger than IC and I know those Cali boys love to fish. He will be just fine, get him under the wing of Delgado and Gilman. Seems like a competitor with some talent, he will be just fine

Clovis ain't much bigger than IC and I know those Cali boys love to fish. He will be just fine, get him under the wing of Delgado and Gilman. Seems like a competitor with some talent, he will be just fine

Clovis is connected to Fresno which has a half million people...Fresno county is around 1 Million.

I recall Jaysdad7 posting once that he was taller than Gilman, who is listed at 5' 5".

BTW, if you are still around Jaysdad7, congratulations to you and your son. I'm glad it all worked out.

Glad to have him back. Seems pretty athletic - and you don't get to being a 4 timer in Cali without some serious competitiveness. Still has work to do to catch the elite boys at 133, but if he puts in the work, I could see him doing very well.

If mejia
He's not beating out Laux next year so 125 is his best chance to start next year. He may RS and go after 33 next year.

So he should cut down not red shirt and than regain weight next year to make fans happy ok. Makes more sense to have mejia not red shirt and start at 25 if he's the best guy this year. If stickley is good as some people think mejia might have hard time starting so spread there eligibility out

mejia and Lee will RS this year. So having Stickley go at 125 this year and then RS the next year to build into 133 is the best option for him and the team if and only if he is still able to make the cut.

He's a Cali wrestler for sure. Takedowns, poor defense and weak ground game. No funk though which is strange for a Cali kid. Has trouble continuing though on offense too.

All will be fixed and we'll have a hammer. Happy he's a Hawkeye.

Willie looks like the villain off Despicable me.

This.

See mejia calls him out on twitter and has never talked to Willie. Willie responds with something along the line of it sounds fishy to me response.

I like Flo. I enjoy all they do for wrestling with their coverage around the world but they probably shouldnt out their opinions on blast on twitter while representing Flo on somethings.

Reactions: rivalhawks and Huck
Apply the breaks. He's not in school and taking classes yet.

I'd be really happy to be wrong in this case but I do still believe he has academic hurdles to clear before he can take the mat as a Hawkeye.

? If he got accepted into the school then I'm pretty sure he'll be able to pass classes. Or has he not been accepted yet?

He's a Cali wrestler for sure. Takedowns, poor defense and weak ground game. No funk though which is strange for a Cali kid. Has trouble continuing though on offense too.

He's definitely got funk. Scores a lot off of leg passes and that shin whizzer tilt.

Definitely needs some work on bottom. I attribute a lot of his weaknesses to not being able to be pushed in the Clovis room and not competing all the time. I think he will need to compete a lot this year because I think he will lose some confidence in the room.

Glad to hear this. He'll have every opportunity to get a quality education representing the black and gold.

Brands and Co will be on him. He will pass his classes.
An assumption one could make I guess although I'm not sure I'd venture in that direction. In my opinion your statement could be looked at as an indictment against his parents in that Brands will step in where they have failed.

An assumption one could make I guess although I'm not sure I'd venture in that direction. In my opinion your statement could be looked at as an indictment against his parents in that Brands will step in where they have failed.
I don't care about ur opinion. I attended to University of Iowa as a non-athlete and used any and all resources at my disposal (which there are many) to do well and pass my classes. Athletes have a better support system then the normal student and TnT care about there athlete's success and all aspects of life. If Mejia can't come to Iowa and do well in both academics and athletics that will be his failure.

I don't care about ur opinion. I attended to University of Iowa as a non-athlete and used any and all resources at my disposal (which there are many) to do well and pass my classes. Athletes have a better support system then the normal student and TnT care about there athlete's success and all aspects of life. If Mejia can't come to Iowa and do well in both academics and athletics that will be his failure.
Your post made me realize that the University of Iowa was the perfect choice for young Meija..

Poor defense in Cali? Is that a thing? Jake Varner, Chris Pendleton, Morgan MacIntosh, Stephen Abas, Stephen Neal, Aaron Pico (TD defense, not boxing), I MAR, Zahid Valencia, Jesse Delgado Those guys had some pretty good defense if I recall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT