ADVERTISEMENT

Mejia?

It's possible that Teske is better but from a resume stand point it's not close. We may get to see this match go down this weekend at northern plains.
What exactly separates them from a resume standpoint?

Both got 2nd at Cadet freestyle. Thomsen was 2 years ago, since he is 1 year older than Teske. That is why he also has a junior level AA on his resume. Teske has never had a chance.

So, you take out the extra year and their accomplishments are almost identical. Both undefeated 3x state champions. Both cadet freestyle second places. Thomsen also does Greco and has an AA or two, but honestly who cares.

Reactions: el dub

Both got 2nd at Cadet freestyle. Thomsen was 2 years ago, since he is 1 year older than Teske. That is why he also has a junior level AA on his resume. Teske has never had a chance.

So, you take out the extra year and their accomplishments are almost identical. Both undefeated 3x state champions. Both cadet freestyle second places. Thomsen also does Greco and has an AA or two, but honestly who cares.

I do know that next years state tournament will be exciting. I think there are 3-4 going for their fourth...

They are in the same class. I'm not sure that he's a whole year older. If your a first year junior as a soph that just means your birthday is before January 1.

Thomsen is a 2x super 32 place winner. I believe he got fourth twice losing to desanto in double ot. He also got 4th at uww juniors last month.

They are in the same class. I'm not sure that he's a whole year older. If your a first year junior as a soph that just means your birthday is before January 1.

Thomsen is a 2x super 32 place winner. I believe he got fourth twice losing to desanto in double ot. He also got 4th at uww juniors last month.
Well he's a year older in class for UWW wrestling rules. My point was you can't count Thomsen's junior placing against Teske.

I guess if you have 2 guys that are both 3x champs and Fargo runner ups you can slice the difference by a 5th place finish at super 32s if you want. I'd hardly say that means their resumes' "aren't close."

Well he's a year older in class for UWW wrestling rules. My point was you can't count Thomsen's junior placing against Teske.

I guess if you have 2 guys that are both 3x champs and Fargo runner ups you can slice the difference by a 5th place finish at super 32s if you want. I'd hardly say that means their resumes' "aren't close."

I'm not trying to get in a pissing match with you. I'm a big fan of Teske. He just hasn't doesn't have as big of a resume IMO.

Teske-3x state champ. 1x cadet AA

Thomsen-3x state champ. 3x cadet Aa. 2x junior Aa. 2x super 32 medal winner. Uww junior Aa.

You can also looks at elite wins. Thomsen has a ton and Teske not so much.

Your making it out that I'm a Teske hater. I just think thomsen is better. Last weekend Teske took a loss and Thomsen won a loaded bracket. Teske is still a uww cadet and has a chance meet a ton of great guys next weekend.

Reactions: Jaybird319

A junior freestyle high AA carries a lot more weight than a cadet AA, IMO, unless it is at one of the tiny weights. Significantly better competition.

I understand your point that Teske has not had this opportunity as of yet, but the fact remains that it is on Thomsen's resume and it's not on Teske's. Throw in 2x Super32 - which is by far the most difficult folkstyle tournament in the country for HS'ers, in recent years the competition has approached Fargo Jrs - and omaha is correct, the resumes are not even close. If Teske grabs an AA at juniors this year and then goes and places at Super 32 this year, then you have a point. But right now he hasn't done either.

A junior freestyle high AA carries a lot more weight than a cadet AA, IMO, unless it is at one of the tiny weights. Significantly better competition.

I understand your point that Teske has not had this opportunity as of yet, but the fact remains that it is on Thomsen's resume and it's not on Teske's. Throw in 2x Super32 - which is by far the most difficult folkstyle tournament in the country for HS'ers, in recent years the competition has approached Fargo Jrs - and omaha is correct, the resumes are not even close. If Teske grabs an AA at juniors this year and then goes and places at Super 32 this year, then you have a point. But right now he hasn't done either.
Ok. I can take that. I guess to me it's just kind of comparing apples to oranges when using the junior national results. It's kind of like saying Jack Mueller has a better resume than Spencer Lee because he was an NCAA AA. Which could technically be true, but isn't really a fair comparison.

Ok. I can take that. I guess to me it's just kind of comparing apples to oranges when using the junior national results. It's kind of like saying Jack Mueller has a better resume than Spencer Lee because he was an NCAA AA. Which could technically be true, but isn't really a fair comparison.

Agreed, but think you are stretching it with the Mueller comparison to Lee, especially as they have faced each other before with Lee winning comfortable - although I'm sure Mueller improved a ton this past year.

A better analogy that might be familiar to Iowa and PSU fans alike might be Marinelli - Joseph. At this point Joseph has a much better resume and much better wins. While Iowa fans might be high on Marinelli and project that he can make the finals next year, as a PSU fan I'd have to rate Joseph a lot higher and it's hard to argue objectively with results and resume against that. Of course, Marinelli has yet had the opportunity to compete at Nationals as of yet. Thomsen's significant wins and multiple significant placings in comparison to Teske carry the day at this point in time.

Reactions: crablegs1
Lol. A lot of times it's not even intentional. They just can't help it.

No they can't...although I think this one was intentional. The same guys will cite that they were evenly ranked coming out of H.S. if Cenzo places above Marinelli...thus proving a certain coach's prowess. This way they can have it both ways.

No they can't...although I think this one was intentional. The same guys will cite that they were evenly ranked coming out of H.S. if Cenzo places above Marinelli...thus proving a certain coach's prowess. This way they can have it both ways.

Right, let's just compare Jordan Burroughs in 5th grade to Michael Kelly as a freshman in college. Kelly has the much better resume, Hands Down!

that's quite the stretch also chief

Agreed, but think you are stretching it with the Mueller comparison to Lee, especially as they have faced each other before with Lee winning comfortable - although I'm sure Mueller improved a ton this past year.

A better analogy that might be familiar to Iowa and PSU fans alike might be Marinelli - Joseph. At this point Joseph has a much better resume and much better wins. While Iowa fans might be high on Marinelli and project that he can make the finals next year, as a PSU fan I'd have to rate Joseph a lot higher and it's hard to argue objectively with results and resume against that. Of course, Marinelli has yet had the opportunity to compete at Nationals as of yet. Thomsen's significant wins and multiple significant placings in comparison to Teske carry the day at this point in time.
Like comparing the resumes of Clark and Gulibon after their freshman years? Penn State fans will be convinced that Jimmy is as good, but there will be no real data points to back it up. BTW, I agree with you in this instance

I for one, would rather have Thomssen than Teske. There i said it. I'm basing this on seeing them both a limited number of times but in those matches I thought Thomsen looked like the more dominant gifted wrestler. Both should have solid careers though.

Reactions: Brandsfan
Like comparing the resumes of Clark and Gulibon after their freshman years? Penn State fans will be convinced that Jimmy is as good, but there will be no real data points to back it up. BTW, I agree with you in this instance
it would been interesting if they both had stayed at 33. i would give it to clark on his body of work.

ot- how long did amazon smile take to show you guys the amount going to hwc after the order?

No it wasn't intentional. It was the best one I could come up with off the top of my head without having to sit and think too hard for five minutes about something I was posting on a friggin message board. But I did chuckle to myself as I posted it as I knew someone would take issue to bringing up anything PSU in this thread. Maybe an analogy of Kollin Moore and Ben Darmstadt would be more palatable for this "safe space" - wasn't that what some guy referred to the HR as.

Geez, Chief, it's a bit early to be getting this cranky even if you are retired. God knows what you are going to be like at 80. My old man started ratcheting it up at 65 or 70 and I think he would whine about the grass growing too slow right about now.

As the saying doesn't go, Papa Bear likes to poke. ;)

Carlton Haselrig's hometown. I don't disagree with you though. Carlton proves the rule.
No different than a lot of coal, steel, and oil towns sprinkled throughout PA. At one point were booming places but are currently struggling to stay alive. Still a lot of beautiful places in rural PA, regardless

I was giving dice a hard time based on an argument we had long ago. I agree that it is not the exact same situation.
Yes, I remember the argument and you may have come out on top on that one. But I will remind you that Gulibon won the next match.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
No different than a lot of coal, steel, and oil towns sprinkled throughout PA. At one point were booming places but are currently struggling to stay alive. Still a lot of beautiful places in rural PA, regardless
I'm from Lock Haven up north in PA, and Johnstown was in District 6 as well.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
No it wasn't intentional. It was the best one I could come up with off the top of my head without having to sit and think too hard for five minutes about something I was posting on a friggin message board. But I did chuckle to myself as I posted it as I knew someone would take issue to bringing up anything PSU in this thread. Maybe an analogy of Kollin Moore and Ben Darmstadt would be more palatable for this "safe space" - wasn't that what some guy referred to the HR as.

Geez, Chief, it's a bit early to be getting this cranky even if you are retired. God knows what you are going to be like at 80. My old man started ratcheting it up at 65 or 70 and I think he would whine about the grass growing too slow right about now.

As the saying doesn't go, Papa Bear likes to poke. ;)

Was hungry and now I have had some Casey's pizza, I can respond properly...I don't know how anybody can weigh future results vs current: If you are saying Cenzo has a better resume because he won a NCAA title, to this I say: Well duh ;)

However, compare their high school records (folkstyle) and Marinelli has the better resume. Even if we adjust for PA being all world and even out Marinelli's 4 state titles to Cenzo's 2 and call it a push, we can also look at Ironmans of which Marinelli won 2 and was runner up the year before. I'll give Cenzo the default in freestyle but Marinelli finished second to a world class stud in Hall this year at juniors. Not bad for his first freestyle tourney IMO.

I was most impressed with Cenzo out of all of your guys this year. He started out as a nice version of a Chevy Malibu and ended up a Cadillac by the end of the season.

LOL! Dicemen always changes the topic to PSU, and the suckers just can't get enough.

How about you frig off. There aren't many suckers here. Just a few people who happen to love Iowa wrestling. Thanks for interjecting your ped state bias. It's greatly appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT