ADVERTISEMENT

Mel Tucker FIRED FOR CAUSE as investigation into Sexual Harassment Continues. Mark Dantonio has Returned, Serving as Associate Head Coach

Mel Tucker was a questionable hire after his stellar 5-7 career record at Colorado, but his $95 million contract in Nov 2021 was entirely a knee-jerk reaction to the BLM movement in the wake of the George Floyd disaster. I wouldn't be shocked if MSU paid this woman under the table to generate a harassment scenario so they would have cause to fire their mistake. You know his replacement isn't getting $9.5 million/year.

I'm lowkey hoping this makes Michigan State play worse. They've looked decent the first few weeks. Guess we'll see by the end of the month.

Reactions: Franisdaman
muahaha-evil-laugh.gif

lolol..... This just has MSU all over it doesn't it? I mean, its not like old Mark had a sparkling record on these kinds of issues, while in East Lansing either, but here they go dragging him out of the cupboard. Hilarious really. Of all the games we have left, this is the one I'd like to see an ass whooping handed out to the Spartans.....

lolol..... This just has MSU all over it doesn't it? I mean, its not like old Mark had a sparkling record on these kinds of issues, while in East Lansing either, but here they go dragging him out of the cupboard. Hilarious really. Of all the games we have left, this is the one I'd like to see an ass whooping handed out to the Spartans.....
Yeah, you can’t make this stuff up! WTF?’! Is their AD just clueless or is just a good Ol boys club where they grease each other’s palms as needed?

Northwestern probably happy the heat is off them….

Yeah, you can’t make this stuff up! WTF?’! Is their AD just clueless or is just a good Ol boys club where they grease each other’s palms as needed?

Northwestern probably happy the heat is off them….

Sexual misconduct is part of MSU's very ugly culture.

This thread is from 5 years ago:

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I just read Tucker's personal statement...
its interesting..

in regards to him masturbating... he says he and his wife had been estranged for a long time.

then... couple paragraphs later he says he complained to her that she and her assistant had spread rumors about his marriage.

this is inconsistent AF... imo.. why get all tissy if you ain't with the wife no more?

from everything I've seen... this is inappropriate behavior...

he's a married man who jerked off on the phone with a woman that is a speaker for sexually abused women....

or in Tucker's words "her mission of sexual misconduct prevention" which he says he supports....

how? by jacking off on the phone when talking to her??

how would you feel if Kirk Ferentz had done this instead?

I don't think any of us know how'd we respond to this situation until we were put in it. Keep in mind she was gang raped earlier in her life so she has a completely different perspective than any of us. She likely was initially stunned on what she thought was going on, realized what was going on and then started documenting the whole thing. It's too bad the call was not recorded.
But unlike a gang rape, she could have run away from this by just hanging up the 📞.
Considering this Suaré happened in April of '22, I think the following may be the right answer:

Mel Tucker was a questionable hire after his stellar 5-7 career record at Colorado, but his $95 million contract in Nov 2021 was entirely a knee-jerk reaction to the BLM movement in the wake of the George Floyd disaster. I wouldn't be shocked if MSU paid this woman under the table to generate a harassment scenario so they would have cause to fire their mistake. You know his replacement isn't getting $9.5 million/year.

This statement from Tucker:
Suspended MSU Coach Mel Tucker calls accusations of sexual harassment 'completely false'
By Jack Nissen
Published September 11, 2023 5:03PM
Michigan State Spartans
FOX 2 Detroit

Quote: "While I am saddened by Ms. Tracy's disclosure of the sensitive nature of this call, let me be perfectly clear – it was an entirely mutual, private event between two adults living at opposite ends of the country. She initiated the discussion that night, sent me a provacative picture of the two of us together, suggested what she may look like without clothes, and never once during the 36 minutes did she object in any manner, much less hang up the phone." .....
"Ms. Tracy’s attorney told us from the very beginning that I should not lose my job over her
allegations, but that it would take a lot of money to make it go away. Her twisting of our personal
relationship months after it concluded is designed to revive her career"

Ms Tracy wanted some $$$ and the university outbid Coach Tucker.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
But unlike a gang rape, she could have run away from this by just hanging up the 📞.
Considering this Suaré happened in April of '22, I think the following may be the right answer:

Suspended MSU Coach Mel Tucker calls accusations of sexual harassment 'completely false'
By Jack Nissen
Michigan State Spartans
FOX 2 Detroit

Quote: "While I am saddened by Ms. Tracy's disclosure of the sensitive nature of this call, let me be perfectly clear – it was an entirely mutual, private event between two adults living at opposite ends of the country. She initiated the discussion that night, sent me a provacative picture of the two of us together, suggested what she may look like without clothes, and never once during the 36 minutes did she object in any manner, much less hang up the phone." .....
"Ms. Tracy’s attorney told us from the very beginning that I should not lose my job over her
allegations, but that it would take a lot of money to make it go away. Her twisting of our personal

Your tinfoil hat might be on too tight.

Hello, racist asshole.

It was definitely a knee jerk reaction, and he is a shitty coach.

I feel confident in saying the knee jerk reaction was in response to the 11-2 record he had in 2021, and not to BLM, George Floyd, CRT, or being woke.

Go away, person that is hopefully embarrassing to his entire family.

Reactions: PNWHawk

By Jack Nissen
Michigan State Spartans
FOX 2 Detroit

i hope he still has those pictures / texts during that phone conversation; would help his case

Hello, racist asshole.

It was definitely a knee jerk reaction, and he is a shitty coach.

I feel confident in saying the knee jerk reaction was in response to the 11-2 record he had in 2021, and not to BLM, George Floyd, CRT, or being woke.

Go away, person that is hopefully embarrassing to his entire family.
Mel Tucker's November 2021 contract renewal for $9.5 million/year didn't make him the NCAA's highest paid coach, but it did put him (at the time) in 5th place. Those ahead of him: 1) Nick Saban, Alabama, 2) Dabo Swinney, Clemson, 3) Kirby Smart, Georgia, and 4) Brian Kelly, LSU. Think about their resumes, and then compare it to Tucker's: a single 5-7 season at Colorado, 2-5 COVID year at MSU in 2020, and the 9-1 start in 2021 at the time of the extension offer (he proceded to lose that day to Ohio State 56-7).

If you were an athletic director wanting to retain a coach with that resume, would your 1st offer be $9.5 million?
It wouldn't for me. Now I know you already think I'm an asshole, but take a few minutes to Google 'Reactions to Mel Tucker contract extension 2021', and then actually read them. There were a whole lot of other folks out there questioning that move too. What would your justification be for spending that kind of money on an unproven coach? Please explain.

Finally, thanks for showing your true colors with the 'racist' label. Seems to be the thing to call people when anything remotely negative is said about a non-caucasian person. If the topic ventured into LGBTQ or female territory you'd throw out one of your adjectives accusing me of some other 'phobia'. I refuse your efforts at cancellation.

By the way, I have two children. Neither is adopted, but both are biracial.
Can you figure out that one?
They are not embarrassed.

By Jack Nissen
Michigan State Spartans
FOX 2 Detroit

That should be proveable I would assume that they wanted money to make it go away? Somebody had to record somebody.

I guess I should make more effort to keep up with the times, but since moving to the Philippines in June, I have no idea what is going on outside of the Iowa Hawkeyes. I do get all the games however, but interesting reading about Mel tucker and his troubles. BTW, I watched the Iowa vs Iowa State game live, and kickoff time in the Philippines was 3:30 am.

I guess I should make more effort to keep up with the times, but since moving to the Philippines in June, I have no idea what is going on outside of the Iowa Hawkeyes. I do get all the games however, but interesting reading about Mel tucker and his troubles. BTW, I watched the Iowa vs Iowa State game live, and kickoff time in the Philippines was 3:30 am.
Are you the Scotthawk that made the awesome football videos years ago, or was that Scothawk?

So she set this call up to extort him and get has the receipts. Had her attorney apparently try and extort him.

I don't think this is going to go well for msu. How much money do they have laying around after all these lawsuits? At what point do they just close the school?

• Haha
So she set this call up to extort him and get has the receipts. Had her attorney apparently try and extort him.

I don't think this is going to go well for msu. How much money do they have laying around after all these lawsuits? At what point do they just close the school?
Close the school? Jesus Christ. It's a land grand state school with several billion in endowments. I think they will survive.

Mel Tucker's November 2021 contract renewal for $9.5 million/year didn't make him the NCAA's highest paid coach, but it did put him (at the time) in 5th place. Those ahead of him: 1) Nick Saban, Alabama, 2) Dabo Swinney, Clemson, 3) Kirby Smart, Georgia, and 4) Brian Kelly, LSU. Think about their resumes, and then compare it to Tucker's: a single 5-7 season at Colorado, 2-5 COVID year at MSU in 2020, and the 9-1 start in 2021 at the time of the extension offer (he proceded to lose that day to Ohio State 56-7).

If you were an athletic director wanting to retain a coach with that resume, would your 1st offer be $9.5 million?
It wouldn't for me. Now I know you already think I'm an asshole, but take a few minutes to Google 'Reactions to Mel Tucker contract extension 2021', and then actually read them. There were a whole lot of other folks out there questioning that move too. What would your justification be for spending that kind of money on an unproven coach? Please explain.

You can question if he was worth the huge extension, which so far he's proven not to be. But to assume that it's due to BLM or whatever is dumb as f*ck. LSU was rumored to be interested in Tucker before they hired Kelly. MSU wanted to keep their coach after a great year and overpaid to do so.

Reactions: PNWHawk and Birky
You can question if he was worth the huge extension, which so far he's proven not to be. But to assume that it's due to BLM or whatever is dumb as f*ck. LSU was rumored to be interested in Tucker before they hired Kelly. MSU wanted to keep their coach after a great year and overpaid to do so.
You had me at "huge extension".
Sincerely,
Mel

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT