ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State plans to fire football coach Mel Tucker for cause

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Michigan State University plans to fire football coach Mel Tucker for cause after he was accused of sexual harassment, the school announced in a statement Monday.
The third-year coach with a $95 million contract was suspended without pay Sept. 10 after USA Today reported that Brenda Tracy, a sexual assault prevention activist, accused Tucker of making sexually explicit comments and masturbating during a phone call. Tucker claimed their relationship was “mutually consensual and intimate.”

Never miss a goal or a touchdown. Sign up for Sports Alerts to receive email alerts on major sports news as soon as it breaks.

The school said in its statement Monday that Tucker has seven days to dispute the termination, which would take effect Sept. 26.
This is a developing story and will be updated.

Brenda Tracy accused Tucker of making sexually explicit comments and masturbating during a phone call. Tucker claimed their relationship was “mutually consensual and intimate.”

Who are we to believe here and why? It’s he said-she said at this point unless there is actual evidence one way or the other. Texts? Calls? Seen in public? Emails? Sex tapes (no thanks)?

Brenda Tracy accused Tucker of making sexually explicit comments and masturbating during a phone call. Tucker claimed their relationship was “mutually consensual and intimate.”

Who are we to believe here and why? It’s he said-she said at this point unless there is actual evidence one way or the other. Texts? Calls? Seen in public? Emails? Sex tapes (no thanks)?

I’m siding with the rape survivor here. That’s not something that makes sense to me to make up if you’ve already been through it.

Reactions: MitchLL
I don't think ole Mel can manufacture any explanation that doesn't sound stupid or obscene.

A fvcking idiot by any measure.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I’m kind of envious of Michigan State to be honest. They were the one school with a worse contract situation at head coach than Iowa, and yet they found a way out. We’re fvcked for at least another couple years…..

I think there is a lot more to this than “we” will ever hear about….and MSU is gonna do whatever they can to get as far away from this as they can… and firing Tucker gives them a quick exit and distance…
Well, pretty much guaranteed he’s not going to go without a fight. I imagine there will be a hefty negotiated buyout.

So is masturbating while replying to people on HROT.
sobbing-sad.gif

Reactions: BrianNole777
Wait a minute

This might be Matt Campbells chance to escape Ames.

Take it Matt...or end up like Danny Mac

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT