ADVERTISEMENT

Mich/PSU

Good year to punt honestly. PSU has a finalist at 157, 165, 174, 197, and 285. We all know how they fair in finals matches. 133, 184, and 141 have legit top 4 guys. 149 would have been a finalist without injury. The scoring record is absolutely in jeopardy and that sucks big time!!

They say that every year (and was said for Iowa in 2021 with no Ivies too), and they have about two of the top ten scores ever despite all those individual titles and nothing close to the record. I'd be surprised if they even break 150.

They say that every year (and was said for Iowa in 2021 with no Ivies too), and they have about two of the top ten scores ever despite all those individual titles and nothing close to the record. I'd be surprised if they even break 150.
With 3pt takedowns penn state is going to score a bunch through the quarterfinals, that record is toast

With 3pt takedowns penn state is going to score a bunch through the quarterfinals, that record is toast

I have trouble seeing too many extra half points adding up to breaking the records. Lets presume they go 30-0 the first three rounds and all now techs instead of majors, that's 15 points increase. They already get a bunch of bonus, so it'll likely get them maybe 3 to 5 more points tops than they usually get anyway. You can't squeeze much blood out of that stone that's already getting bonuses and pins.

More like homeless man. What a weirdo.

Come on man!!

Air Caveman GIF

Hahah totally agree. Losers…not going to break the record.

It isn’t a match points record 🤦‍♀️.

By the way…I love it how PSU being really good is a revelation to some posters on a near weekly basis. Good stuff.

hilarious that there were people on here who didn’t want Mesenbrink because “we already have PK”

that’s what a truly elite prospect looks like folks
Iowa wasn’t going to get Messenbrink, he’s Askren trained. He chose Cal Baptist, what were his other offers?

Good year to punt honestly. PSU has a finalist at 157, 165, 174, 197, and 285. We all know how they fair in finals matches. 133, 184, and 141 have legit top 4 guys. 149 would have been a finalist without injury. The scoring record is absolutely in jeopardy and that sucks big time!!
I'm a Psu fan and alum and I don't care about the scoring record. To me it's like winning the Super Bowl by 40 points, who cares? You're still the champ if you have a close win.

But wrestling is basically an individual sport so I want all my guys to do great. For me every wrestler over performing at their weight of winning if they're the favorite is what I hope for.

I wouldn’t write off Carr that fast. Mess looks good but so does Carr.

Reactions: Pakman770
Griffith is on crack. I watched the match; he couldn’t do shit against the 2nd string guy. I’m hoping someone beats Star but it won’t be this guy.
Just about every wrestler that has even a hope of competing at this level thinks this way.

And what you saw from Griffith last night is not “who he is”. Traditionally, as someone may have already noted, he peaks in March. Plus, Bearclaw may just be one of the most frustrating guys in the NCAA to have to score against. He’s never had much offense, but he sure can neutralize an opponent.

plenty of F*** st wrestlers should end up in the portal. Not seeing how all these TOP tier guys will be willing to ride the pine? Maybe a few are good to be a back up and milk the slush$$$$$? Just can not image that the majority would be good with that?

IOWA should start picking them off!!! Not sure what the POS NCAA rule is with commits as far as other teams contacting them? The great Krailure already has a log jam in the mid to upper weights. Add in what they have coming in and a bunch will never see the mat if they stay! That is even with his gray shirts, deferred enrollment, etc.....

Just about every wrestler that has even a hope of competing at this level thinks this way.

And what you saw from Griffith last night is not “who he is”. Traditionally, as someone may have already noted, he peaks in March. Plus, Bearclaw may just be one of the most frustrating guys in the NCAA to have to score against. He’s never had much offense, but he sure can neutralize an opponent.
Mesenbrink put up 8 against Barraclough at the Black Knight.
I would have rather seen the two flip weights last night.

Griffith may peak in March but the guy I saw wrestle last night can’t touch Star no matter when he peaks. Good kid but a bit delusional…

Reactions: goldenanimal
plenty of F*** st wrestlers should end up in the portal. Not seeing how all these TOP tier guys will be willing to ride the pine? Maybe a few are good to be a back up and milk the slush$$$$$? Just can not image that the majority would be good with that?

IOWA should start picking them off!!! Not sure what the POS NCAA rule is with commits as far as other teams contacting them? The great Krailure already has a log jam in the mid to upper weights. Add in what they have coming in and a bunch will never see the mat if they stay! That is even with his gray shirts, deferred enrollment, etc.....
Is Cael in the room with us right now Karen?

IOWA should start picking them off!!! Not sure what the POS NCAA rule is with commits as far as other teams contacting them? The great Krailure already has a log jam in the mid to upper weights. Add in what they have coming in and a bunch will never see the mat if they stay! That is even with his gray shirts,

WHO? Keep using the vaseline!!!
If you just change your allegiance to the team out east you’ll have all those top recruits your after

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: mcpat and IRONBIRD
Griffith may peak in March but the guy I saw wrestle last night can’t touch Star no matter when he peaks. Good kid but a bit delusional…
I wasn’t trying to make a case for Griffith beating Starocci. Rather, I was saying that you shouldn’t imply he is crazy for thinking he can, and that his performance against Bearclaw in no way illustrates his ceiling. He’s a damn good wrestler and former champ. He didn’t get there by saying “I hope I can win” or by breaking the ribs of cupcakes.

I wasn’t trying to make a case for Griffith beating Starocci. Rather, I was saying that you shouldn’t imply he is crazy for thinking he can, and that his performance against Bearclaw in no way illustrates his ceiling. He’s a damn good wrestler and former champ. He didn’t get there by saying “I hope I can win” or by breaking the ribs of cupcakes.
Barraclough beat Berger, Lavallee and Y Thomas at senior nationals a month ago. Also held Mesenbrink to a 3pt decision. Also pinned Fish in SV. He’s wrestling at a higher level this year than before and going toe to toe with Griffith should not be seen as a slight to Griffith.

Angels goal in every match is to see if he can make that locked hands call
Angel Rivera is an assigned official for numerous high profile NCAA wrestling matches/tournaments. Note, the performance of NCAA wrestling officials is periodically reviewed/evaluated by NCAA management officials, coaches and peers. As each and every assigned official, for each and every NCAA sport is periodically evaluated. Competency, without question, would be a critical metric when high profile wrestling matches are assigned by NCAA/B1G officials.

You should print up some flyers and drop them out of an airplane over Happy Valley to alert their wrestlers about this situation/opportunity for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT