ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan grades

when he has recruited talent that can do that...Metcalf, Slaton, McDonough, Montell, Borschel, STJ, Ramos, Clark, Kemerer, Warner, Lee, etc. ..he can coach them fine.
Why couldn’t we keep Perry, Metcalf, McDonough, or Clark on staff. The national champions from Iowa are coaching elsewhere, helping other squads get better.

Penn St. has a treasure trove of their past wrestlers that help their college team. You don’t think Taylor and Nolf are in the room with the college guys training them up?
My point is it shouldn’t be up to him. We shouldn’t be relying on him to coach up our guys. Cael and the boys have proven they can coach that stuff as many, many of their guys can do it. Whereas we have……Spencer.

My point is it shouldn’t be up to him. We shouldn’t be relying on him to coach up our guys. Cael and the boys have proven they can coach that stuff as many, many of their guys can do it. Whereas we have……Spencer.
Even other schools scout good assistants, we seem to just settle.

• Love
Reactions: TailgateTom
Thanks for the hot tip. It’s just that easy huh? Just shoot and learn pinning combinations you’ll go far kid.
That’s just stupid.
Actually a real modern strength nutrition and conditioning program combined with a fresh group of young hungry assistants. Michigan was stronger and in better shape at almost every weight. They're a program on the rise with a plan and it was obvious tonight we aren't.

I am admittedly am not an expert. Watching the replay tonight... why was both Brands getting on Riggins after the match, after he got a hard fought win? Looked like Riggins wasn't too happy with what that they had said...

Iron chicken. Delete your account. Coaches plus you all need gone. Your stick is old
SHUT UP DORK!!!!

OK, down from the ledge now and STILL madder then hell! You know it starts with the fact that POS like the beard lady are allowed to "wrestle" (more like avoid wrestling) like that!!! 100% NEED the FS push out rule!!!!

HAVE TWOOOO start awarding aggressive wrestling, plus it helps as far as getting our wrestlers more in tune with FS rules. It is a WIN-WIN!!!

That being said, Ayala has to get to work! Even if it is just 1/2 attempts, quick sweep type singles, etc... to show he is attacking and BearedLady is doing SHEEEET!!!!

Schiever was a little out matched and overall wrestled OK, problem is I am NOT seeing what we NEED at 133?

141 WOODS- obviously something is wrong? Could not do much of anything, could not Hold/pull in a leg to finish on multiple shots???

149 Triple V- may have wrestled the eventual champ at the weight? Not the worst match of the night!

157 Franek, HOW??? How does the REF watch that shitshow and not call more stalling!?!??! that being said get a F-in TD and/or Grab a leg/ankle/wrist and hold on for 5 F-in seconds!!!!!

165 Candy looked OK

174 Kennedy why, WHY oh WHY take bottom!?!?!?!

184 RIGGINS is doing ALL he can!!!

197 Glazier is doing ALL he can!!!

Heavy HILL needs to get as BIG as a HILL/MOUNTAIN IF he is going to be our guy???

I am just NOT understanding why it is that we have always seemed to have matches like this? Why do we look so good, then fall flat on our faces at points, and YEAR after YEAR!!! Always use the "training though" excuse but this match would certainly NOT be a match we trained though!!!

FIGURE SHEEET OUT!!!

I am admittedly am not an expert. Watching the replay tonight... why was both Brands getting on Riggins after the match, after he got a hard fought win? Looked like Riggins wasn't too happy with what that they had said...
That image baffled me as well. Every win from Riggins at 84 is a dam plus and he looked pretty good all things considered before him.

Anyone think that maybe Brands has lost the room? I mean we see it all the time with coaches. You can have talent and the talent doesn’t translate because they don’t care for the coaches? IDK but we have seen this same song and dance for 10 years now. It’s actually quite sad see how far we going backwards this year. This squad is honestly not good. I said it after dual one this year. We are supposed to be a light weight school and our light weights go 0-5 when favored in what 3 of them? Idk. Just sad times and honestly heartbreaking to see what’s happening. The past two duals against FAAAAR less talent hid a lot Of the teams problems. Our mid level team may not have more than 4 AAs on the squad. I think we can count 141 157 165 and sure fire AA. fringe at 125 74 97. Huge holes elsewhere. I don’t mean that as a knock on Riggins either because that dude a dawg.

The only three wrestlers I believe care enough and show it on the mat are Caliendo Riggins Glazer. Everyone else seems to be going through the motions.

Would a lineup of blue chippers help? Hell yes it would but we continue to have guys getting beat by lower ranked kids. How about instead of recruit better we coach better? Game plan better?
I actually don’t know if it would help. We wouldn’t make them better. If I was a top 15 recruit and I watched that dual last night I’d be concerned about my wrestling growth by going to Iowa. Lots of those dudes look like they getting worse

I'm going to reply to my own post- I am happy that Iowa got the tech. I am unhappy how it happened.

It was a shitty night of wrestling. Glazier was great, but it was a passive tech.
A passive tech with a TD in the final second? Passive would have been accepting the win by major knowing the team point meant nothing.

My hat’s off to Glazier.

Actually a real modern strength nutrition and conditioning program combined with a fresh group of young hungry assistants. Michigan was stronger and in better shape at almost every weight. They're a program on the rise with a plan and it was obvious tonight we aren't.
125 DeAugustino. 6th year transfer using last season of eligibility at Michigan.

149 Gomez. 7th year transfer using last season of eligibility at Michigan.

174 Griffith. 6th year transfer using last season of eligibility at Michigan.

285 Davison. 6th year transfer using last season of eligibility at Michigan.

Maybe their grad school and NIL are good enough to keep doing this every year. But building a program on guys with one year left after 5 or 6 doesn’t seem like a good permanent plan IMO.

Would a lineup of blue chippers help? Hell yes it would but we continue to have guys getting beat by lower ranked kids. How about instead of recruit better we coach better? Game plan better?
It's all of the above. Recruiting is substandard, techniques are bland and they have as much as bragged about not game planning for what the opponents do.

Gotta admit, it is crazy seeing the best wrestler of the

125 DeAugustino. 6th year transfer using last season of eligibility at Michigan.

149 Gomez. 7th year transfer using last season of eligibility at Michigan.

174 Griffith. 6th year transfer using last season of eligibility at Michigan.

285 Davison. 6th year transfer using last season of eligibility at Michigan.

Maybe their grad school and NIL are good enough to keep doing this every year. But building a program on guys with one year left after 5 or 6 doesn’t seem like a good permanent plan IMO.
No offense but wasn’t our best year with dudes going on 7 yrs too? Kem Alex etc

So Cali with a b-- Riggins with an A Glazier with an a+ everyone else f
Love Glazier!! No matter what else happens he should be the team MVP. That guy wasn't expected to do anything, yet he's outshined all of our guys including those who were supposed to do everything!! The guy has shown up every time ready to go...what a godsend to this team that completely lacks identity! This team reminds me of the movie, Now You See Me...one second everyone is in the spotlight and the next second they're gone. TNT clearly knew what they were doing in not pulling the shirts; one or both must have had a vision that this team would fold like the very best 1500-thread-count Egyption sheets on the market. I am completely shocked at the massacre I watched when I got up this morning. WTF!!

Reactions: tiltman
Lemley three time Illinios state champion wrestling for Alex Tsirtis (University of Iowa connection) at Mount Carmel Catholic (remember Joe Williams and T.J. Williams). Cory Clark head coach at Montini Catholic (Lombard) with several standout young wrestlers. 'Gotta' catch these kids.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with Glazier's match. He could have tech'd his guy in the 2nd period but chose to push and shove. Coaching, or his decision? He got the tech with 1 second left without trying to turn or pin his opponent.

I am VERY disappointed with the coaching tonight. Push and shove doesn't win shit.
Really!! The guy who wasn't expected to be a starter or do anything this year gets the TF when nobody else on the team does shit and you're not satisfied with him. I'm assuming you're drunk or stupid...and since I'm sure you're a man of intelligence I'll assume you're drunk. Glazier is the only man on this team who has shown up at every event; he's the last person you need to be criticizing!!

Brands said Michigan wrestled perfect and we allowed them to dictate the wrestling. Im not stupid enough to say we will beat PSU next week but thinking we will see big difference from what we saw last night. This was a big letdown, too bad it didnt happen against Northwestern rather than a good team. Brands will get this team to bounce back.

If winning National titles is the goal I truly don’t think it’s going to happen with Brands at the helm.

If bring top 5 is the goal keep Brands.

With the new facility and NIL I think a new staff can get Iowa back to a point going back and forth with PSU.

Tom is not willing to upgrade his staff or the approach to coaching.

Think KF. Really good coach but simply not a great coach.

With wrestling I believe there is less of a risk in dropping out of the top 5 due to support and facilities. So a swing for the fences has less risk.

I will say things should be quite a bit different if the ref had called ANY stalling . First stall call didn't happen until 174? 125 and 141 there was zero offense by Michigan. I'll give them credit they have perfected blocking with a hand to the head and staying center without any offense.

This is where Iowa has failed to improve in game planning and having a 2 or 3rd neutral offensive technique. Look how many times RBY flummoxed ADS with no solution. Same thing last night.

Brands said Michigan wrestled perfect and we allowed them to dictate the wrestling. Im not stupid enough to say we will beat PSU next week but thinking we will see big difference from what we saw last night. This was a big letdown, too bad it didnt happen against Northwestern rather than a good team. Brands will get this team to bounce back.
Thats very optimistic. I hope your right but i dont think so. Psu almost shut out mich.
possible wins:
Ayala
Woods

After yesterday these two are a toss up

Yeah you’re right. Penn State really struggles with that type of stuff. Stupid me.
Did you watch PSU last night; they did struggle with that kind of stuff. They won but nobody outside of Kerk and Brooks looked all that impressive. And Beau Bartlett should have definitely lost...not sure how he won to be honest. We've been the recipient of one or two of those gimme calls in the past so I know it happens but Mendez beat him in regulation.

Yeah. Just like Michigan rebounded after being embarrassed and made a point to wrestle hard against Iowa, so will Iowa on Friday I suspect.

Did you watch PSU last night; they did struggle with that kind of stuff. They won but nobody outside of Kerk and Brooks looked all that impressive. And Beau Bartlett should have definitely lost...not sure how he won to be honest. We've been the recipient of one or two of those gimme calls in the past so I know it happens but Mendez beat him in regulation.
LOL if you dont think Cael is playing it all out waiting for next week. He will have his team set to kill next week and they will be a machine come March, get ready for a beating next week.

Reactions: MVPFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT