ADVERTISEMENT

Might be time for a change

CAhawki

HR All-American
Jul 2, 2014
the friday woes of March cont. Should be gracious that we have the talent to get us to friday, but its tough to stomach. Something is broken

There are still points to be had tomorrow morning and 1 match tomorrow night. We can still get 2nd.

Losing to Zain and Bo is a given. Losing to Crutch is a given as he's had our number a large majority of the time. A guy who wasn't even originally invited to the dance was one match and a stall call away from AA.

If you trade teams we are kicking butt too. It is mainly talent difference. We could use some mat wrestling improvement and better big move game.

Who goes and who comes in?

Imo, you make an offer to David Taylor as an assistant. This would be massive for recruiting and for technique, and for a fantastic young wrestler roll with our middle weights. I'm not sure he'd take the offer while still competing. I suspect, there is almost no way he would. But he absolutely should be made an offer.

I will only want brands gone if we go a decade without a title.

But we must accept the new reality. The Brands no longer have the ability to make a team peak for nationals.

They've been lapped.

Reactions: lionlover
That hawkeye culture is dead and gone my friend... dead and gone. It on the curb next to Nebraska football and Indiana basketball

no. the winning titles has not happened but there is a culture. whatever. answer the question. who?

Reactions: Vanillamostly
Odd thread. The "whom do you get?" is the right question to ask.

Has Brands gotten any worse? Iowa is pretty consistently in that upper echelon of 3-5 teams every year.

Okie State hasn't won a title in 11 years after reeling off 4 straight. Is Coach Joan a worse coach now than he was 11 years ago?

Burroughs wouldnt be a bad choice. The sun is setting on his international career and would bring some change. The addition of weight classes has made the international pool bigger.

I agree with the who will do better but my question is what does Brands need to do to prepare our guys better. We dont seem to come out firing in the semis and finals year after year. Friday night is a round that makes a big difference. Brands has changed how he recruits I hope and expect that he will figure something out with preparation. Regardless of recruiting ranking we are not always looking to score. Grunder from a few years back didnt have big talent but he always attacked till the end. I'm not seeing that as much these days.

here we go again.
who? realistically, who will do better?
who do you bring in that will keep the hawkeyes culture somewhat in tact and do better?
don't say perry because that's not it.
who?
I'm thinking a guy that is helping to develop ALOT of the All Americans you see in recent years. He may even have some of that Hawkeye culture in him. I won't say who it is but if you try hard enough you'll figure it out. It's possible though that he wants no part of the job...

But we must accept the new reality. The Brands no longer have the ability to make a team peak for nationals.

They've been lapped.
Right now other than Gilman losing tonight, what lack of peaking is there? I'm not even sure a guy losing in OT in the semis is lack of peaking.

Odd thread. The "whom do you get?" is the right question to ask.

Has Brands gotten any worse? Iowa is pretty consistently in that upper echelon of 3-5 teams every year.

Okie State hasn't won a title in 11 years after reeling off 4 straight. Is Coach Joan a worse coach now than he was 11 years ago?
Fair point... and its a good question... do you accept a 3-5 placing with the hopes of an exceptional season or roll the dice knowing that you could end up woth Tom Crean of wrestling. Tough one. It feels like the Iowa margain for error has become razor thin. Multple tossups in the line up. Maybe thats just the staggering of classes. But what has been constant, is the percieved lack of preperation and aggresion. That falls on the coaches and why i raised the question.

Terry scored points but it isn't necessarily showing with who he coaches matside. Star maybe able to recruit but the jury is still out, but he never put many points on the board. Settling for 4th or 5th place is getting old

Reactions: HTAutomotive
I'm thinking a guy that is helping to develop ALOT of the All Americans you see in recent years. He may even have some of that Hawkeye culture in him. I won't say who it is but if you try hard enough you'll figure it out. It's possible though that he wants no part of the job...
Spit it out , who is it you're thinking of?

Reactions: Vanillamostly

They've been lapped.
Right now other than Gilman losing tonight, what lack of peaking is there? I'm not even sure a guy losing in OT in the semis is lack of peaking.
The lack of peaking when it comes to being better at nationals than the rest of the year...the only type that matters.

Terry scored points but it isn't necessarily showing with who he coaches matside. Star maybe able to recruit but the jury is still out, but he never put many points on the board. Settling for 4th or 5th place is getting old

What do you suggest we do?

Everyone just settle down and enjoy some good wrestling. Any reasonable person knew coming into NCAA that we didn't have a chance to win. We can gripe and moan after the season ends.
Good point. It was a stretch coming in, but why should it be a stretch?

Please say Perry so we know your an insufferable turd!

The Ultimate Program Builder. He won't come cheap, though.

vincent-mcmahon_416x416.jpg

oh cool. a riddle. spit it out dude

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT