ADVERTISEMENT

Mineo

You obviously don't pay close attention, as a good portion of that trash fanbase will tell you Sandusky and JoePa are innocent. It was all a setup and they have an army of fans defending this bullshit.

You are painting an ENTIRE fan base with a very broad brush. It’s a select few who feel that way. Every reasonable adult sees what happened.

do you honestly think there wouldn’t be fans from any fan base who had an iconic coach like Paterno who didn’t try and protect his legacy from something like this? He didn’t do the deed! He didn’t cover up the deed. He just didn’t do enough to stop the deed! And falling back on, “reporting”, is weak.

fact remains, PSU fans have gotten a raw deal for years over something they had no control over and we can’t continue to go down that path! By doing so, we encourage them to be exactly what you don’t want them to be…trolling douche bags. And I can’t really blame them when we tend to be the instigators of their anger!

Mike

You are painting an ENTIRE fan base with a very broad brush. It’s a select few who feel that way. Every reasonable adult sees what happened.

do you honestly think there wouldn’t be fans from any fan base who had an iconic coach like Paterno who didn’t try and protect his legacy from something like this? He didn’t do the deed! He didn’t cover up the deed. He just didn’t do enough to stop the deed! And falling back on, “reporting”, is weak.

fact remains, PSU fans have gotten a raw deal for years over something they had no control over and we can’t continue to go down that path! By doing so, we encourage them to be exactly what you don’t want them to be…trolling douche bags. And I can’t really blame them when we tend to be the instigators of their anger!

Mike
I never painted the entire fanbase. I said "a good portion of the fanbase" and that's a fact. Go to BWI, search John Ziegler, and see for yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
IRONBIRD, in no way, shape or form, is representative of typical tHR posters.
He and his quotes are outliers, and to use him as an anecdotal reference seems disingenuous.

I think he is a poor man's KentuckyMudFlap.

I find it interesting that he purports to defend the Hawks against all comers, when other tHR posters recognize he might be doing more damage than protection.

All that said, I do like to engage in good natured tit-for-tat ball busting and appreciate tHR's freedom to engage. I don't think I baited anyone on the thread that was deleted and shall no longer be named. I was somewhat surprised to find it deleted, but I don't really know how it may have devolved.
It’d be like me lumping the entire PSU fan base together off of the posts of people like T-Bar and Flying Tiger.

People forget that the people that post on these message Boards are only a fraction of the fan base and tend to be the biggest fanatics. It’s not a true representation.

Check out any fanbase’s message boards. They are all hypocritical, think their shit doesn’t stink and everyone else’s fans are horrible.

Some people take this internet stuff too seriously.

Mike
Well Mike it seems that they like to paint with a broad brush far too often with accusations....some of us like to come here for wrestling chat and don't like to sift through all this BS everyday. This last week has been a joke and I think the activity on here the last couple of days shows...

LOL, you said he couldn't come up with "a single example of anyone, on any of the three PSU boards, accusing an Iowa wrestler of taking steroids."
Yep, and I admit when I'm wrong. Still doesn't change the fact that he, and a few others, for years, have accused PSU wrestlers of roid use. I can easily find dozens of examples, to the two that he found.

Congrats on finding both BWI messages that have ever accused Hawks of roid use. Shall I continue to post the dozens of your board's?
I quickly looked and found 2 to prove you're a liar. If you want to post crap from this board on your own board then knock yourself out. This discussion was about you saying nobody ever did something on your board not about what happens on this board. You said it never happened, then doubled down asking for proof which I gave. Now you're deflecting. Here's another for you.

Post in thread 'Wow Cassiopi' https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/wow-cassiopi.306111/post-5758581

Yep, and I admit when I'm wrong. Still doesn't change the fact that he, and a few others, for years, have accused PSU wrestlers of roid use. I can easily find dozens of examples, to the two that he found.
I don't see anyone on here denying what has been said on here

Well Mike it seems that they like to paint with a broad brush far too often with accusations....some of us like to come here for wrestling chat and don't like to sift through all this BS everyday. This last week has been a joke and I think the activity on here the last couple of days shows...
Do you think the activity may have been part of a planned participation? I think it may have been.

We used to do invasions all the time. Of course, we didn't (part of the rules) interact with the locals. just used their boards. Man, those were fun days.

Mike

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Z

This place was a ghost town after the thread that shall not be named vanished.

Then you single handedly threw open the saloon door and #boom we are back in action.

Thank you.
D

• Haha
Reactions: johnyt9
Z

This place was a ghost town after the thread that shall not be named vanished.

Then you single handedly threw open the saloon door and #boom we are back in action.

Thank you.
D
That's what happens when I come rolling back in to town after being gone 9 days and trying to figure out any sense of what's going on.................

Like, what's up with the whole Real Woods thing? Why is Pat Mineo a thing? Why are PSU and Iowa fans always at each others throats. It's all just too much for one simple person to grasp!

Z

I'll leave this here. He just posted it.
He very well could be a good guy in person, but he's a public figure and most of the public haven't met him in person. All we have to go by is how he presents himself on social media. He doesn't present well at all. If he wants to convince us that he's a good guy and is in it to promote the sport, then he could do that. He doesn't.

Reactions: TtotheL
Do you think the activity may have been part of a planned participation? I think it may have been.

We used to do invasions all the time. Of course, we didn't (part of the rules) interact with the locals. just used their boards. Man, those were fun days.

Mike
do your job clean things up

Reactions: NCHawk5
That's what happens when I come rolling back in to town after being gone 9 days and trying to figure out any sense of what's going on.................

Like, what's up with the whole Real Woods thing? Why is Pat Mineo a thing? Why are PSU and Iowa fans always at each others throats. It's all just too much for one simple person to grasp!

Z
Like, what's up with the whole Real Woods thing? Still seems to be entirely hearsay and rumors, unless I missed an ACTUAL bombshell screenshot or something.
Why is Pat Mineo a thing? I’m still asking myself this…
Why are PSU and Iowa fans always at each others throats? Everyone needs an antagonist, and we each fill the role for the other quite nicely.

Uuumm @PAHURDLER, are you certain that the NLWC isn’t part of that so called slush club? Really?

and, while some here don’t bathe as often as they should, we all have to find a better way of pointing it out. (Not that you didn’t), just the point I’ve been trying g to make these last couple days.

Mike
I honestly don’t have any personal insight into the finances of the club, but I have yet to see any evidence that that’s the case. Similarly, I am not certain IRONBIRD’s parents are siblings, despite overwhelming circumstantial evidence that makes me suspicious. The difference is I don’t go around making irresponsible accusations.

Last edited:
I quickly looked and found 2 to prove you're a liar. If you want to post crap from this board on your own board then knock yourself out. This discussion was about you saying nobody ever did something on your board not about what happens on this board. You said it never happened, then doubled down asking for proof which I gave. Now you're deflecting. Here's another for you.

Post in thread 'Wow Cassiopi' https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/wow-cassiopi.306111/post-5758581
LOL. Three messages, two posters, one thread. And, those posters get called out for it. Congrats! After you guys consistently, continuously, for years, accuse Cassar, Retherford, and others of roid use. GTFOH.

LOL. Three messages, two posters, one thread. And, those posters get called out for it. Congrats! After you guys consistently, continuously, for years, accuse Cassar, Retherford, and others of roid use. GTFOH.
Anyone accusing them of roid use is foolish. I think it’s far more likely EPO, which is what Dillashaw got popped for while training with Calavitta.

Not actually making any accusations, but there is something weird about the Treigning Lab. And Calavitta just bugs me, can’t explain it entirely.

I don’t know what board you are talking about, we still have the same stance on posts that we’ve always had. I am more lenient. Can’t really speak to Tom or Blair’s feelings. Here is what we all agree on, if it’s inappropriate, it’s going to get deleted. And you have to be a complete tool to get banned!

now, over there, maybe that is true. Probably is accurate on the PSU boards.

Mike
BWI in particular

I haven’t seen anyone dispute that hawk fans have accused PSU wrestlers of using PED’s. It has happened many times. You however claimed that PSU fans have never accused Hawks of using PED’s. You were proven wrong. You say you know how to admit when you’re wrong. Deflection ain’t it.

Mike
So what you're saying is you aren't going to ban obvious trolls because you "can't blame them" for trolling us because of comments made on an iowa wrestling board? Got it.

Seems crazy that the normal iowa fans have to deal with PSU trolls because you, a mod, can't blame them. Who the hell cares what they think, if they're on our board they should expect some serious homerism.

I can't imagine the stuff that gets said about Iowa over there (robots, endless shots at TnT I'm sure). Treat these fools that come on here regularly with zero constructive thoughts to add with zero tolerance and I guarantee the board would be cleaned up immensely.

This board will never affect my day, I have much more important things to worry about, but man it'd be nice to just come on here and read about iowa related things instead of the PSU takeover that has occured.

Last edited:
Truly an honest question.

what do you think the response on the psu boards be if Cass had said after his body transformation
‘I went to train out of state at a facility where there have been some positive tests’

rather than ‘changed my diet and lifting routine’

your answer will be pretty reflective of intent

I'm not specifically accusing Penn State, but if you don't think the use of performance enhancing drugs is rampant in college sports, I have a bridge to sell you.

Hell, PEDs are even starting to take over high school sports, of course a lot of college guys are taking them.

I honestly don’t have any personal insight into the finances of the club, but I have yet to see any evidence that that’s the case. Similarly, I am not certain IRONBIRD’s parents are siblings, despite overwhelming circumstantial evidence that makes me suspicious. The difference is I don’t go around making irresponsible accusations.
Granted parole and come back “home” only to find out I’m no longer needed here.

funny stuff..

Z- how can you complain about all the BS that goes on on these boards and continue to let the pissing match between @pawrestlersintn and @MVPFAN go on?

No one else cares to read their BS.

Further @pawrestlersintn only argues with @MVPFAN and @NCHawk5 and other HR posters that are sensitive to Trolls. it is quite obvious what he is doing here.

That is the exact nonsense that takes away from what these boards are supposed to be for

Truly an honest question.

what do you think the response on the psu boards be if Cass had said after his body transformation
‘I went to train out of state at a facility where there have been some positive tests’

rather than ‘changed my diet and lifting routine’

your answer will be pretty reflective of intent
Before or after listening to you guys spending years accusing our guys off PED use?

Two serious run-on questions:

Is three messages, two posters, one thread better than your one message, one poster, one thread?

Are you confusing this with 2 girls, 1 cup? Seems like your thing.

So what you're saying is you aren't going to ban obvious trolls because you "can't blame them" for trolling us because of comments made on an iowa wrestling board? Got it.

Seems crazy that the normal iowa fans have to deal with PSU trolls because you, a mod, can't blame them. Who the hell cares what they think, if they're on our board they should expect some serious homerism.

I can't imagine the stuff that gets said about Iowa over there (robots, endless shots at TnT I'm sure). Treat these fools that come on here regularly with zero constructive thoughts to add with zero tolerance and I guarantee the board would be cleaned up immensely.

This board will never affect my day, I have much more important things to worry about, but man it'd be nice to just come on here and read about iowa related things instead of the PSU takeover that has occured.
Allow me to disabuse you all of the fallacy that this board is even moderated. It isn’t, no matter what anyone on HR “staff” claims. Never has been and never will be. They clearly aren’t interested in doing so — that’s abundantly clear.

It baffles the mind why anyone who runs a site called “Hawkeye Report” would go out of their way to be as hospitable as possible to rival trolls bent on smearing Iowa, but this is clearly the MO of the HR “moderator” and has been for at least a decade. I’ve given up on making sense of it. Mostly laziness and lack of staff, I suspect. Extremely weak, in any case, and the reason why so many legitimate Iowa fans have left and why the board is frequented so often these days by trolls with nothing better to do who only want to bash Iowa.

Hopefully grown-up fans interested in civil wrestling discussion who are mature enough to go by their own names will have a place to congregate online in a forum that’s actually moderated soon. Would be a welcome alternative to this dumpster fire of a board. I think it happens in the near future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT