ADVERTISEMENT

Mineo

I feel for everyone involved. I've trained in a bunch of places across the country and have seen how people relate. Even with the antiquated mystique of Iowa's program, it's hard to get anyone to go to the state of Iowa for anything. They're just isn't anything there. You have TnT who may draw in a few kids who relate to their mindset, but there is just nothing to draw the modern 2022 kid mindset to. They don't want to run into the cornfields and play. It's kind of like the NCAA who has to understand the National Tournament should not be held in places like Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and most of the central portion of our country where there literally is nothing to do or draw people to.

doesn’t alter the fact that YOU, not doing your job makes hawk fans not want to come here to read post after post from psu fans who are here to do nothing but create controversy.
I 100% agree with this comment. The problem is that I don’t believe Z thinks his job is to rid this board of trolls. I think he will ban folks if they cross the line in the form of racism, harassment, etc but I don’t think he views his job as having to deal with trolls at all. And this board is worse of for it.

I feel for everyone involved. I've trained in a bunch of places across the country and have seen how people relate. Even with the antiquated mystique of Iowa's program, it's hard to get anyone to go to the state of Iowa for anything. They're just isn't anything there. You have TnT who may draw in a few kids who relate to their mindset, but there is just nothing to draw the modern 2022 kid mindset to. They don't want to run into the cornfields and play. It's kind of like the NCAA who has to understand the National Tournament should not be held in places like Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and most of the central portion of our country where there literally is nothing to do or draw people to.

East St. Louis is exciting. I accidently went there once.

Idk if I have ever listened to a single song on the dark side of the moon by itself. Always been a listen to the entire album beginning to end.
I know the song has nothing to do with wrestling boards, but there are a couple of interesting lyrics from a coincidence perspective:

"Black (black, black, black)
And blue (blue, blue)
And who knows which is which and who is who"

"Haven't you heard it's a battle of words
The poster bearer cried"

"I mean he get off lightly, 'cause I would've given him a thrashing
I only hit him once! It was only a difference of opinion, but really
I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh?"

Ironically we did too once. Lol. Our Uber driver missed the last exit, and we ended up there over the bridge. It was quite an experience with a car full of college/ international wrestlers.

here's a guy who has never spent any time in iowa. that's alright we don't want your type anyway.

hey-excuseme.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Kuch96
So's this
giphy.gif
Never seen that one.

Z
all this from a Quaker. Smh!

Z

I 100% agree with this comment. The problem is that I don’t believe Z thinks his job is to rid this board of trolls. I think he will ban folks if they cross the line in the form of racism, harassment, etc but I don’t think he views his job as having to deal with trolls at all. And this board is worse of for it.
Trolling is for lazy people.

get yo arse up and flip wood, or Carolina rig, or throw a square bill or get on that jig bite…it’s way better!

As far as perception…..I see the interaction as good for all of us. They get the courtesy because they are currently the king of the sport. We don’t like it, but until we (Iowa) are able to consistently turn the tables, and unseat the dynasty they are building and Iowa once had….I have trouble distinguishing between jealousy and anger on our part and down right dirty play on their part. Most of the situations that I come across are brought on by a few posters who feel the need to be negative right out of the chute, EVERY single time. I think if you try to engage them in legitimate wrestling talk, you will find that you disagree more often than not, but it doesn’t have to degrade into ugliness every dang time.

try it. Seriously. I have been. One of them set me off yesterday and then Again today…because he is legitimately just an idiot. But I didn’t call him one, just responded in kind and it ended. Course, I brought some of that back here and let it spill over a bit, but the stuff needed to be said.

if you think you are tired of the PSU fans “trolling” on this board, you should see how tired I am of the babysitting on the Iowa side.

bottom line….you are all paying customers. You all deserve the same consideration, and I try and even Handily apply that to all that come here. I know Iowa fans want me to just arbitrarily eliminate the PSU fans as they show up….and we have gotten rid of more than you all realize. Just as they have with us over there. But if you try, and can take the occasional ribbing that message board posters are prone to give, you might find out that they are just as knowledgeable and passionate about the sport as Iowa fans.

Mike

bottom line….you are all paying customers. You all deserve the same consideration, and I try and even Handily apply that to all that come here. I know Iowa fans want me to just arbitrarily eliminate the PSU fans as they show up….and we have gotten rid of more than you all realize. Just as they have with us over there. But if you try, and can take the occasional ribbing that message board posters are prone to give, you might find out that they are just as knowledgeable and passionate about the sport as Iowa fans.

Mike
You guys are paying for this torment?

here's a guy who has never spent any time in iowa. that's alright we don't want your type anyway.
Unfortunately I've trained in Iowa three times with the international team. While I did enjoy the wrestling experience and the guys in training, it was like being on the moon without the craters. To each their own.

Unfortunately I've trained in Iowa three times with the international team. While I did enjoy the wrestling experience and the guys in training, it was like being on the moon without the craters. To each their own.
Lol Happy Valley < Iowa city. AINEC

Lol Happy Valley < Iowa city. AINEC
Are you aware that a world renowned, creditionaled journalist with only the best of intentions for the sport of wrestling, once wrote in his weekly column that the country of Iran is a safer place than IC.

I'm sure the rest of Iowa is lovely but I really think you may need to give this consideration in your future travel plans.

• Haha
Reactions: backdrft76
Are you aware that a world renowned, creditionaled journalist with only the best of intentions for the sport of wrestling, once wrote in his weekly column that the country of Iran is a safer place than IC.

I'm sure the rest of Iowa is lovely but I really think you may need to give this consideration in your future travel plans.
lol creditionaled, eh? That’s a new one.

He was Iranian! I’m sure he felt his country was safer! 😉

I think we might need to meet under the bridge to settle this one. Lol.
Idk what kind of weird shit someone like would want, so no thanks. I do find it funny that a “writer” claimed IC is dangerous. What a cupcake. You don’t know what dangerous is unless you’ve lived in a major metro area.

Did you read his scathing exposé that was just released on ref corruption?

-Mike C.

Why are singlets still a thing in wrestling?

-also Mike C.

I
Idk what kind of weird shit someone like would want, so no thanks. I do find it funny that a “writer” claimed IC is dangerous. What a cupcake. You don’t know what dangerous is unless you’ve lived in a major metro area.
I figured I could jump in on you challenging another poster to a little scrap and join in. I think I might be able to add a little more intrigue than just asking a random forum poster to wrestle. Lol. I love a great scrap.
And for the record, I can tell you that much of the USA wrestling community is thinking Larry is quite a tool after losing much respectability even though I always thought he was a stand up kind of guy.

I

I figured I could jump in on you challenging another poster to a little scrap and join in. I think I might be able to add a little more intrigue than just asking a random forum poster to wrestle. Lol. I love a great scrap.
And for the record, I can tell you that much of the USA wrestling community is thinking Larry is quite a tool after losing much respectability even though I always thought he was a stand up kind of guy.
I’m sure he’s concerned with your opinion.

Trolling is for lazy people.

get yo arse up and flip wood, or Carolina rig, or throw a square bill or get on that jig bite…it’s way better!

As far as perception…..I see the interaction as good for all of us. They get the courtesy because they are currently the king of the sport. We don’t like it, but until we (Iowa) are able to consistently turn the tables, and unseat the dynasty they are building and Iowa once had….I have trouble distinguishing between jealousy and anger on our part and down right dirty play on their part. Most of the situations that I come across are brought on by a few posters who feel the need to be negative right out of the chute, EVERY single time. I think if you try to engage them in legitimate wrestling talk, you will find that you disagree more often than not, but it doesn’t have to degrade into ugliness every dang time.

try it. Seriously. I have been. One of them set me off yesterday and then Again today…because he is legitimately just an idiot. But I didn’t call him one, just responded in kind and it ended. Course, I brought some of that back here and let it spill over a bit, but the stuff needed to be said.

if you think you are tired of the PSU fans “trolling” on this board, you should see how tired I am of the babysitting on the Iowa side.

Mike
I assure you most hawk fans don’t want you to ban every PSU fans that visit this board. The PSU fans that have exactly zero posts demonstrating any wrestling knowledge or passion for the sport are the posters I was typing about. You have dozens of PSU “fans” with 10,20, hell even 50 or more posts with absolutely no meaningful thought. Only trolling. I admit they usually only get into it with our more challenged posters, but if they have nothing to offer but trash why should they be allowed to stay here? They may be very knowledgeable but you sure couldn’t tell it from the posts and they certainly don’t seem willing to engage in any meaningful wrestling conversation. I understand your stance on this but it’s a very strange one. I’ve never been on BWI. Maybe someone(you) put out a post over there. “All trolls welcome on the Hawkeye board. Non will be banned.” Because my goodness they are here in force.

Again, unless directed by a staff member parents can talk with each other on their own per my example... This is certain.
I'm curious how you are certain. The rules regarding transfers and tampering seem to contradict what you are saying. This is under impermissible contact portion. Only sometimes is the impermissible contact at the direction of the coach. Unless I'm not understanding it correctly.

Family to Family
• Family members of student-athletes from institution A will ask a parent
of a student-athlete from institution B if that individual is interested in
transferring.
• Sometimes the exchange between family members is at the direction of
an NCAA coach.

I’ll just say this: him and Valencia would get along well. Take that however you like.
Nah Valencia liked weed if I remember correctly!! Or am I wrong? Weed isn’t willies thing. He likes the beer and coco!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT