ADVERTISEMENT

Minneapolis City Council members pressed Chief Medaria Arradondo for a plan to address crime in their wards.

A better question is where are the police? They haven't been defunded. The force is as large as the City Charter calls for. Maybe there should be social workers.
I read a lot quit or retired. Is that true?

Based on other incidences in other towns the police tend to make themselves more distant and engage less.

I do think I’m a perfect world Minneapolis citizens become Minneapolis police and patrol their own neighborhoods.

Reactions: Hammer93
I read a lot quit or retired. Is that true?

True. But the last I heard still more on the force than the last low point which was in 2008 due to budget.

Based on other incidences in other towns the police tend to make themselves more distant and engage less.

There are far fewer traffic stops and slower response times or no response.

I do think I’m a perfect world Minneapolis citizens become Minneapolis police and patrol their own neighborhoods.

Guardian Angels? Been there done that.

The good news in all of this is that criminals in Minneapolis have observed the calls of the city council and the protests to defund or abolish the MPD. They respect the effort. And they’ve since resorted to living their lives within the bounds of the law.

• Haha
Reactions: funksouljon
This is a good thing, right?

Traffic stops? Maybe.

No response? Also maybe. My son had his garage broken into last winter. I helped him check and see what was missing and then he called the MPD. When they arrived I felt like we might as well be the suspects. To make a long story short if and when I have some sort of non weather related property damage or theft I'll call it in to the MPD.

True. But the last I heard still more on the force than the last low point which was in 2008 due to budget.

There are far fewer traffic stops and slower response times or no response.

Guardian Angels? Been there done that.

Math is hard.

When the police numbers go down and the crime numbers explode because of apathy towards crime and criminals by the mayor and his council of idiots, there just isn't enough man hours to deal with all of it. But you still want to bail every criminal out to commit more crime, right? You still want to stop the crack down on criminals with less than lethal weaponry, right? Let them riot? Let them loot? Oh...and now you want less crime. LOL...stay with it.

Traffic stops? Maybe.

No response? Also maybe. My son had his garage broken into last winter. I helped him check and see what was missing and then he called the MPD. When they arrived I felt like we might as well be the suspects. To make a long story short if and when I have some sort of non weather related property damage or theft I'll call it in to the MPD.

Are you voting for Biden? Are you guy son the same page on this issue?

Remember his op-ed?
“What works in the fight against crime? It’s simple -- more police on the streets,” Biden wrote.

“Put a cop on three of four corners and guess where the crime is going to be committed? On the fourth corner, where the cop isn’t. More cops clearly means less crime,” Biden went on in the op-ed.

Are you voting for Biden? Are you guy son the same page on this issue?

Remember his op-ed?
“What works in the fight against crime? It’s simple -- more police on the streets,” Biden wrote.

“Put a cop on three of four corners and guess where the crime is going to be committed? On the fourth corner, where the cop isn’t. More cops clearly means less crime,” Biden went on in the op-ed.

Maybe take a time out.

Traffic stops? Maybe.

Sounds to me like you’re better off without the MPD. And once the city council approves of the new system of law enforcement, recruits for it and implements it, the old MPD will be nothing more than a distant, unpleasant memory. It shouldn’t take the council long to get something in place. Nothing moves faster than bureaucracy!

Sounds to me like you’re better off without the MPD. And once the city council approves of the new system of law enforcement, recruits for it and implements it, the old MPD will be nothing more than a distant, unpleasant memory. It shouldn’t take the council long to get something in place. Nothing moves faster than bureaucracy!

Or, maybe, just maybe, a more professional police force. Wouldn't that be novel?

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Maybe take a time out.

Maybe take a side. Do you agree with Biden or don't you? Answer the question. Is Biden wrong and have a bad stance on policing? Remember him as VP ranting about the GOP defunding the police talking about how wait times would be so bad and more people would get raped? He's wrong on the issue, correct? Or, do you agree we need a cop on every corner?

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Oh MSP.....

They (9 of the commish) clearly were saying defund = abolish. Then others (here and in other cities) took defund and tried to redefine it. Now, the 9 have splintered into subgroups and are back peddling on what defund means as they see it is an unrealistic solution. 6 are still trying to end the police department but have no real idea what comes after.

Maybe take a side. Do you agree with Biden or don't you? Answer the question. Is Biden wrong and have a bad stance on policing? Remember him as VP ranting about the GOP defunding the police talking about how wait times would be so bad and more people would get raped? He's wrong on the issue, correct? Or, do you agree we need a cop on every corner?

What are you arguing ? What exactly do you think my point of view is?

What are you arguing ? What exactly do you think my point of view is?

Why don't you tell us? At this point you're like the people who want the opposition to raise the debt ceiling and when they do it you scream, "They caved!", in an effort to score political points either way.

So, do you support defunding the police? If so, then you should be completely fine with the police not being able to do their work. You want them to be gone anyway.

And if you are like Biden and want more police on the streets, then you should be pissed that the idiots in the council who are trying to have their cake and eat it too. They don't want cops and want to cut them off, but also don't want crime.

Those are the two sides of the issue and you seem to be taking all and none of them at the same time.

So, are the "defunders" in the council idiots like Biden suggested or are you OK with them complaining about both over policing and under policing at the same time?

They may have asked for defunding but they didn't get it.

Cops are not responding as quickly to these areas now AND many cops have retired. It is basically just like defunding. Anyone who supports defunding of the police department has not been to these neighborhoods and seen what goes on there. I have. It would be suicide for the residence there to have less police presence. It's a really, really bad idea.

Cops are not responding as quickly to these areas now AND many cops have retired. It is basically just like defunding.

No it isn't. It's Bob Kroll, the union head, flexing his muscle and slowing response time.
The nuber of cops in Mpls was lower in 2008.

Anyone who supports defunding of the police department has not been to these neighborhoods and seen what goes on there.

The city council members supporting defunding are from those neighborhoods.

Last edited:
Why don't you tell us? At this point you're like the people who want the opposition to raise the debt ceiling and when they do it you scream, "They caved!", in an effort to score political points either way.

So, do you support defunding the police? If so, then you should be completely fine with the police not being able to do their work. You want them to be gone anyway.

And if you are like Biden and want more police on the streets, then you should be pissed that the idiots in the council who are trying to have their cake and eat it too. They don't want cops and want to cut them off, but also don't want crime.

Those are the two sides of the issue and you seem to be taking all and none of them at the same time.

So, are the "defunders" in the council idiots like Biden suggested or are you OK with them complaining about both over policing and under policing at the same time?

So you don't know what my point of view is.

There is no apathy towards crime in Mpls. But thanks for playing.
There absolutely is by a large # of police hating liberals that think criminals should not be prosecuted or even looked for. One example would be the group of folks that protested Cup foods trying to reopen because they believe they are partially at fault for Floyd being killed for calling the cops in the first place. Also all the folks that are arguing against the police trying to stop any of the looters because they believe it is just reparations. Guess you missed those interviews

No it isn't. It's Bob Kroll, the union head, flexing his muscle and slowing response time.
The nuber of cops in Mpls was lower in 2008.

The city council members supporting defunding are from those neighborhoods.

Are they the same council members now reversing their stances because their constituents are pushing them to get the police back on the streets? You do understand that Biden and Obama were the ones who pushed the large increase in police presence in the inner cities. Do you understand that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT