ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Tickets

Lootownguy

Rookie
Apr 6, 2021
Anyone going to Minny and get tickets yet? I'm looking for tips on how to get them. I figured they would be cheap - thought I'd heard you get a pair with a frozen pizza purchase in the Cities. Stubhub was $90 minimum so that sent me to the Gopher Sports page. They have thousands of tickets available, but $75 is the cheapest I found with many in the several hundreds? What gives?

I don’t know of any secrets, but $85-$90 on Stubhub is about as cheap as I’ve seen them. A month ago, they were around $100-$125 for terrible seats.

Their prices through their official website are borderline criminal in certain sections to just plain ridiculous in others.

I’m guessing their Red Barron deal would exclude the Iowa game.

Anyone going to Minny and get tickets yet? I'm looking for tips on how to get them. I figured they would be cheap - thought I'd heard you get a pair with a frozen pizza purchase in the Cities. Stubhub was $90 minimum so that sent me to the Gopher Sports page. They have thousands of tickets available, but $75 is the cheapest I found with many in the several hundreds? What gives?
My buddy lives in the MPLS area and has gone to Iowa’s game there forever, and always buys scalper tickets outside the stadium before the game and always has great success.

Rarely miss a game in Minnesota. Tickets never a problem. 50-50 this year. Damn OWI phone hearing at 3pm the 18th. Planned on being in cities by then. Great memories in the cities. Bad ones too. 2010 and 11. Only home conference games Gophers won those two years.

Reactions: Lootownguy
They definitely jacked up the premium games (if you can call Iowa a premium game this year). $105 for upper corner. When they are $80 for other games.
Debating on going.
Tons of tickets still available. I’d wait until the week of. If Mn loses to Neb or NW Stubhub prices will drop.
I’ve gone to this game since 2002 but I’m wavering if i want to possibly freeze my ass off and watch bad football (2010 comes to mind).

They definitely jacked up the premium games (if you can call Iowa a premium game this year). $105 for upper corner. When they are $80 for other games.
Debating on going.
Tons of tickets still available. I’d wait until the week of. If Mn loses to Neb or NW Stubhub prices will drop.
I’ve gone to this game since 2002 but I’m wavering if i want to possibly freeze my ass off and watch bad football (2010 comes to mind).
2010 was brutal. 10 or 11 was damn cold. Maybe both.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
2010 was brutal. 10 or 11 was damn cold. Maybe both.
‘10 was the cold year (late Nov)and only DJK showed up to the game. Iowa showed little fight and lost to interim head coach.
‘11 wasn’t in Oct and decent temps. Iowa had lead late and lost it.

thinking of I go this year skip tailgating in a lot and hit a bar.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
‘10 was the cold year (late Nov)and only DJK showed up to the game. Iowa showed little fight and lost to interim head coach.
‘11 wasn’t in Oct and decent temps. Iowa had lead late and lost it.

thinking of I go this year skip tailgating in a lot and hit a bar.

Wasn't that the year that Coker ran for over 200 yards or was that the next year? Those were the last games I went to up there. I got super sick on the way up for that Powell had the long TD catch so I decided it was me and stopped going. We made it into Minnesota and drove by to my wife (then fiancée's) apartment in Cedar Falls. It was awful to have to go back.

Wasn't that the year that Coker ran for over 200 yards or was that the next year? Those were the last games I went to up there. I got super sick on the way up for that Powell had the long TD catch so I decided it was me and stopped going. We made it into Minnesota and drove by to my wife (then fiancée's) apartment in Cedar Falls. It was awful to have to go back.

2011 was the Coker year. That Minnesota team was awful and Iowa found a way to lose

I haven't been there since the dome. I sat in their student section (thanks to a co-worker who got tickets for a bunch of us but didn't mention we'd be in the student section). That was the game we won 55-?. The students were awful for the first quarter but were gone by halftime.

Reactions: hawkhockey
the frozen pizza deal was only for Western Illinois and one of the other junk games. When I looked earlier in the year on the official gopher ticket page the lowest priced ticket was $95 after their fees and they wanted you to give them another $10 to get a second game in the same seats so they definitely feel Iowa is the premium game this year. Fortunately fans in the cities don't go to games if their team stinks so there should be plenty on resale sites as the game gets closer.

Reactions: Lootownguy
My buddy lives in the MPLS area and has gone to Iowa’s game there forever, and always buys scalper tickets outside the stadium before the game and always has great success.
Agree with this. Gone to just about every game up here since I moved up in 2001. First year of the new stadium we bought tickets and realized we overspent, as just about every tailgate each year has people looking to offload tickets and a lot of people right outside the stadium entrances. I know for peace of mind it is nice to have tickets well before the game; but if that doesn't bother you, I would wait and buy tickets on stubhub a couple days before. Or if you are going to kill time before the game around the stadium, you should be able to easily find tickets and avoid stubhub's ridiculous add-on fees.

Agree with this. Gone to just about every game up here since I moved up in 2001. First year of the new stadium we bought tickets and realized we overspent, as just about every tailgate each year has people looking to offload tickets and a lot of people right outside the stadium entrances. I know for peace of mind it is nice to have tickets well before the game; but if that doesn't bother you, I would wait and buy tickets on stubhub a couple days before. Or if you are going to kill time before the game around the stadium, you should be able to easily find tickets and avoid stubhub's ridiculous add-on fees.
Agree, I'd wait until day of game if possible to buy outside the stadium. Minnesota fans are fickle and who knows how they'll be feeling in 2 weeks when the game is finally played up there. Also, if the weather forecast for that day sucks, you'll again get tickets for little-- even a day or two out ahead of the game on StubHub you would.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT