ADVERTISEMENT

MINNY GRADES

so you had an internet fight.... both of you slinging insults and threatening to kick each others A$$ES and even talked about dirty loving and the use of baseball bats... and now its hugs and kisses????? I say " HELL NO TO THAT " you two must settle this by a traditional duel... your choice of weapons are Plastic sporks from the KFC or perhaps a bar of Dial soap in a tube sock for swinging . The mere fact that you even discussed this internet trash talking with your spouse is enough for me to wonder if you actually even wanted to fight in reality. I think if you are a Hawkeye fan...God Bless you. If you are a PSU Fan...so be it but it would be best served if you didnt come over here and start trash with real Hawkeye fans...that is just trolling and it gets old to watch. .................... Enough is enough .... Go Hawks !!!
This needs to be settled on a Mat, no bridge no weapons. I say lace them up, umm maybe a grading curve based on age and weight classes.

Illinois is worse than MN.

We would have beat MN 8-2 or 9-1 with a full lineup...and most of our team looked disinterested or below their normal level.
125, 133, 197 we did not look our best - will give you that. The rest of the team looked very good. Woods was a late escape away from majoring a returning AA. Max put up 11 points on a game Michael Blockhus that he was been close with in the past. Cobe beat a former AA that is having a tough year but was still a great match for Cobe. PK was scoring at will against a guy that he and Marinelli both beat in close matches last year. The young guys showed a lot of fire and heart in their performances. The finish to the dual was anticlimactic but the team wrestled pretty well and was engaged.

Apparently I got under your skin you scumbag.
You are a grade “A” P.O.S.
You took cheap shots at JWar with your F^*I’d grading systems. He’d kick your ass and so would I. The biggest joke is that most Iowa fans would be cheering me on while I did it. I love watching Iowa wrestlers compete. You on the other hand require results. Eat it you loser. If we could delete your account and 4 others like you, plus another 5 pain in the ass BWI posters, the rest of us could have a great time discussing these athletes we love.
Piss off loser.
Why aren't you spending time hunting down your fellow p.state fans who boo'd one of your wrestlers off the mat a few years ago? That's far worse than what anonymous people say on these forums.

125, 133, 197 we did not look our best - will give you that. The rest of the team looked very good. Woods was a late escape away from majoring a returning AA. Max put up 11 points on a game Michael Blockhus that he was been close with in the past. Cobe beat a former AA that is having a tough year but was still a great match for Cobe. PK was scoring at will against a guy that he and Marinelli both beat in close matches last year. The young guys showed a lot of fire and heart in their performances. The finish to the dual was anticlimactic but the team wrestled pretty well and was engaged.
Giving up those 2 majors at 41 and 65. Maybe not disinterested but maybe a dip in focus at the end of the matches.

Otherwise those were very good results, especially PK. When he's in his offense, he's fun to watch.

Murin got a little sloppy. He's gotten in trouble in the past by letting guys stay too close with him. We need him on the podium not getting knocked out on a late TD.

Maybe I'm nit-picking a bit but March is right around the corner. Finals are soon and grading will be brutal for guys who aren't sharp and focused for 7 minutes.

Reactions: TarpHawk
I missed PK's match on Friday and just got around to watching it. I thought that was the best match he's wrestled all year. His feet moved much better than they have been, especially on his finishes. There were two in particular, his 3rd and 5th takedowns. Carlson stopped the immediate finish and dropped some weight on him and put him out of position a bit. Too often we see guys panic once they lose position and just hold for a stalemate. Meanwhile, their opponent improves and improves and eventually scores. PK kept running his feet to the angle and then felt the pressure and changed direction to dump him for the easy score.

He was a treat to watch. I think he would be really effective with some of Murin's high level offense where he steps to an angle and runs through a high double. He kind of did on his 3rd takedown, but dropped to a sweep instead of staying on his feet.

I can't wait for March when Warner wrestles Max again on Saturday night in Tulsa and makes some of you gag on the crap you are throwing at a first class wrestler and first class young man. In fact as a PSU guy Warner, Cass, and Abe are my 3 favorite Hawks.
My friend, I’m not “throwing crap;” I’m merely giving a grade based on what I saw during that one match. And in that one match he looked completely lifeless against an unranked opponent. Whatever the deal is with Warner this year, mental or physical, it’s caused his game to go down the tubes…and as an Iowa fan I hate it. But I’m not going to sit here and blow sunshine. Congrats on Abe, Warner and Cass being your favorite Hawks. Hopefully they’ll beat Brooks, Dean and Kerk at NCAAs so we’ll both have something to cheer about.

I do not know if they stole match grading from us?

What's crazy is I believe after thinking about it, I think this is why I tend to not give grades.
I don't know whether I skip over all match grading or the Nittany Nation board members just don't bother with it. I know I at most skim over fan opinions of Hawkeye wrestlers' performances here.

For me, once the dual is over, it's time to move on. Let the coaches and wrestlers work on necessary adjustments and improvements. But just because it's not my cup of tea, if others enjoy it and don't denigrate wrestlers, I see nothing wrong with it.

Fair enough, I do respect that you came on here and cleared the air. I will also admit I may have went off a bit too much. As you have said, NO wrestler should be openly bad mouthed by anyone. Honestly, this should be true for all sports, but wrestlers even more so because of how tough the sport is!

Most on here love the HAWKS. We are probably a little over the top even(?); when it comes to our favorite team. We truly want to see them win ever match every year! In the end though, what I have learned here maybe more then anything is. These fans on here, are TRUE wrestling fans. They want to see good hard fought matches. They have no ill will toward any wrestler. For example, If a top wrestler from another team goes down with an injury. Even if it could help an IOWA wrestler move up. They will honestly feel bad for the kid and would much rather not win in that way!

So at the end of the day, I do bust chops on "F*** st" here on our board ONLY! It is intended to be good natured ribbing against the team we need to take out! I have met several Lion wrestlers at clinics. Ed Ruth, the Alton brothers. I have nothing but the best to say about them, and I am sure if I get to meet more some day. It will be nothing but the same.

At the end of the day, hopefully we all got a good laugh from this!
Oh, it’s all fun and games with @82bordeaux until you suggest serving bacon in his carbonara …

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT