ADVERTISEMENT

Mods mind explaining why homophobic slurs against posters is ok behavior on here?

I've been put on time out twice with no explanation. So yes, it is definitely fair for me to question why I can be temp banned for MAGAt, or whatever reason the mods decided was bannable for that day, but posters can throw around homophobic slurs with impunity.

Either treat everyone the same or let this place be the wild west. This favoritism for far right posters is ridiculous.

And you completely made up your third point.
How can you play the victim and aggressor at the same time?

I offered an olive branch, take it or don’t.
Calling me an asshole is offering an olive branch?

princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF

Wait. This is your @Scruddy handle. Aren't reasonable comments supposed to go with some other handle?
Do you also think I'm a multi, wwjd? :(
Last time I was banned was for simply mentioning the mods name in a post.
The framing here is HIGHLY sus
Lol. Of course you "both sides" it. Huey and Chis have never used offensive slurs that I've seen. Unless you don't like chis' MAGA=Taliban line.
Well if you've never seen it then I guess it just never happened. Is that how this works? By that logic I've never seen Huey called the f word (stated prior in this very thread) so I guess that also just didn't happen. /thread

Reactions: kzoohawk80
Do you also think I'm a multi, wwjd? :(

The framing here is HIGHLY sus

Well if you've never seen it then I guess it just never happened. Is that how this works? By that logic I've never seen Huey called the f word (stated prior in this very thread) so I guess that also just didn't happen. /thread
Oh Ryan. Pretty weak effort.

IMO, Posters calling each other racial, ethnic or homophobic slurs should be against the rules. Warning, then suspension, then banned. 3 strike rule.

I’m guessing the mods give a lot more leeway than some of you give them credit for. Based on some of the posts here, sounds like a quick trigger in some instances. I’d prefer consistency. But readily admit there could be more to the story than we know. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to be a mod with how nearly every thread deteriorates into name calling and insults.

We need more 420 threads.

IMO, Posters calling each other racial, ethnic or homophobic slurs should be against the rules. Warning, then suspension, then banned. 3 strike rule.

I’m guessing the mods give a lot more leeway than some of you give them credit for. Based on some of the posts here, sounds like a quick trigger in some instances. I’d prefer consistency. But readily admit there could be more to the story than we know. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to be a mod with how nearly every thread deteriorates into name calling and insults.

We need more 420 threads.
I called the mod feckless because he lets this homophobic stuff fester and I'm the one who got a warning and threatened with a ban.

More 420 threads are great. Better moderating would be ideal. I volunteer my services to help out.

Reactions: EasyHawk
I called the mod feckless because he lets this homophobic stuff fester and I'm the one who got a warning and threatened with a ban.

More 420 threads are great. Better moderating would be ideal. I volunteer my services to help out.
"I talked shit to a mod and got my hand slapped"

You don't say lol

Lol. Of course you "both sides" it. Huey and Chis have never used offensive slurs that I've seen. Unless you don't like chis' MAGA=Taliban line.
"Offensive slurs" Is that the standard your using? I wonder why you'd use that instead of abusive or name calling. Those two have insulted me more then any two posters on here except maybe one other. Hitman should be banned but so should Chis and Huey.

The amount of crap I've experienced here and no one was banned is laughable. I was banned for a week calling this out to the MAGA mod

There aren’t too many rules around here, but they are pinned at the top of the board.

5. Calling out moderators & staff members will not be tolerated.
Allowing people like me to be endlessly attacked is encouraged. Don't defend this crap.

The amount of crap I've experienced here and no one was banned is laughable. I was banned for a week calling this out to the MAGA mod
I feel like there's a gross disconnect with how a lot of the people in this thread actually behave and how they represent their behaviors on here. I'm not surprised by this, I just find it interesting that so many of them operate under this delusion that they are saints and it's everyone else who is the problem.

It's weird that calling out a mod is instantly bannable but not homophobic or racial slurs.
You're not allowed to abuse or heckle the mods on just about any social media site out there, this isn't a unique rule to this place. Sorry you feel you should be able to behave this way.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Interesting thread, those that have called others names over the years are complaining.

Huey, Lucas, etc...

What a bunch of whiners.
I love the absolute meltdown over not getting a response immediately on a Friday night/Saturday to his tantrum (not that it deserves one period, unless it's another warning). The absolute entitlement. And extra funny given the name calling you mention.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT