ADVERTISEMENT

Mods mind explaining why homophobic slurs against posters is ok behavior on here?

Typical Marxist losers thinking that they’re entitled to everything.
Gotta love it. This guy gets to call me a Marxist Queer and to go burn in hell and then gets to keep posting some of the same crap in this thread. These guys know they can get away with whatever they want to around here while the rest of us are held to a completely different standard.

Gotta love it. This guy gets to call me a Marxist Queer and to go burn in hell and then gets to keep posting some of the same crap in this thread. These guys know they can get away with whatever they want to around here while the rest of us are held to a completely different standard.

Thin skin much? No one is forcing you to stay. If you want respect then maybe you shouldn't act like such a child.

I love the title of that thread. It raises interesting questions.

Is "MAGA Dolts" a slur?

On the theory that every demographic probably has some dolts, is it wrong to address dolts in the MAGA demographic?

Is it wrong to ask those who self-identify as MAGA Dolts a question about their gear?

I would argue that most MAGAs are probably dolts, although that might be an insult to dolts generally, so I probably shouldn't go there.

There was a report a couple of years ago about some "learning bot" released on social media by Microsoft (I think) that after a short time began spouting wingnut attacks and slurs. Just by learning from what was being posted. What does that tell us?
sounds like what ChatGPT went through in its early stages.

Seriously how is this guy still able to post?

I don’t know, but why not just put him on ignore? Why worry so much about it? He’s an idiot, and plenty of people like him exist. Accept it, use the ignore function, and move on.

Pissin’ and moanin’ about it will get you nowhere.

I don’t know, but why not just put him on ignore? Why worry so much about it? He’s an idiot, and plenty of people like him exist. Accept it, use the ignore function, and move on.

Pissin’ and moanin’ about it will get you nowhere.
Like I said earlier, I've been called a Trumper and MAGAt, which is WAY worse. :cool:

So because I make fun of the confederate flag I deserve to be called a fggot? You sure about that? And what about Tarp? That poster has gotten shit on, too. Where are the mods then?
Where did I say you deserved to be called that? I said I didn't agree and condemned it. I said a mod might not take anything seriously because of your picture. They may not know this is your attempt at poking fun at the confederate flag.

I used to just ignore the message alert for some people who responded to me because I knew whatever they had to say was likely going to be stupid.

Now I actually put people on ignore. A lot less of a hassle to get through threads.

For example, I saw the guy you responded to was Whiskey but can’t see his message. If he is the one who called you a snowflake, that is absolutely laughable. He is such a coward and pussy—lies his ass off and can never own anything, even when proven wrong over and over again. He writes for everyone to see that black people are violent because they are black and the statistics back it up. When it’s explained to him other factors are involved and that correlation doesn’t mean causation, he doubles down on stupid and adds to his point people are also violent in Africa.

By definition, believing certain character traits and negative behaviors are tied to a specific race is in fact racist. When this is pointed out to him he either deflects or lies by claiming he never said anything like that.

The guy is too pussy to admit what he is. And then he has the audacity to call others snowflakes. Lol. He’s a joke.

Everyone on the board should just ignore him.
This is irony at its best

We know who the mod is. He was a longtime poster and such an ass I have him on ignore. He was a terrible choice for mod. I’ll probably get another note/ban for this post.

The reason he doesn’t ban the bigots is because he agrees with them.
I'll take you for your word because I don't have a long history of being here. The time spent to be a longtime poster here I was spending getting laid.

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
Hey just a thought but if a mod sees a complaint from someone and their profile pic is a blend of the confederate and pride flag maybe they just won't take it serious and overlook it? Not defending anyone calling you the f word and any other slur but just a thought.

It's kind of like someone complaining they didn't get the job when they have 5 face tattoos and 9 face piercings and their hiring manager is a 57 year old woman named Helen.
5f3c0524-5067-4f5f-b021-52bf3ca5d371_text.gif

Oh I think he's fun. Like if he's legitimately this old redneck racist guy on a message board, he'd be fun to play with. If he's a troll... meh. But that's part of the appeal. What is he? Defective people can be good for a message board community if they're low in number and posts contributed. That's what it all comes down to... volume of shit. It's like the right balance of bacteria in your gut. You need a little nasty shit -- just not too much.
He is not a troll. He's a near-retirement or early retiree alcoholic addicted to right wing Facebook. You are (when you want to be/ are trying to be) a good troll. 2023 Gamedayron was the best troll this place has seen since the early years of the Obama administration. Hitman does not have the extremely online chops to pull off a character like that. Why wouldn't he make the character more witty accidentally once in a while?

Reactions: BelemNole
I didn't see anyone call you a queer or to burn in hell I this thread. Please provide proof of this or your simply making thongs up to be offended.
He is not a troll. He's a near-retirement or early retiree alcoholic addicted to right wing Facebook. You are (when you want to be/ are trying to be) a good troll. 2023 Gamedayron was the best troll this place has seen since the early years of the Obama administration. Hitman does not have the extremely online chops to pull off a character like that. Why wouldn't he make the character more witty accidentally once in a while?
In what world was GameDayRon a good troll lol

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I will stick up for @Scruddy. I don’t always agree with him but he’s honest.

The other two mentioned are trash.
Scruddy is cool with me too. Not much we agree on at all but I have a good idea where he's coming from. He's in that Zennial group that hates the idea of becoming one of us whiney millennials who were stuck in idle all those years following 2008-2009 great recession and bullshit austerity measures

• Haha
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
I didn't see anyone call you a queer or to burn in hell I this thread. Please provide proof of this or your simply making thongs up to be offended.

In what world was GameDayRon a good troll lol
Gamedayron switched personas three times in a calendar year and got another poster to agree to drive halfway across the street to get into a bar fight. How is that not HOF trolling?

Scruddy is cool with me too. Not much we agree on at all but I have a good idea where he's coming from. He's in that Zennial group that hates the idea of becoming one of us whiney millennials who were stuck in idle all those years following 2008-2009 great recession and bullshit austerity measures
I am actually a millennial lol was born in 87 (dating myself)

Reactions: KFsdisciple
That may be. I just think it's hard to tell. Some people are trolls and aren't very clever. But it works in a way because their stuff is so absurdly over the top that people really wonder.

I don't think it matters much if it's sporadic and the board isn't filled with it. Even if he is the town racist, still think this applies.

It's when you get a bunch of them that things head south.

I called the mod feckless because he lets this homophobic stuff fester and I'm the one who got a warning and threatened with a ban.

More 420 threads are great. Better moderating would be ideal. I volunteer my services to help out.
I'm sure that I'm on the "To Kill", list with you.

I used to just ignore the message alert for some people who responded to me because I knew whatever they had to say was likely going to be stupid.

Now I actually put people on ignore. A lot less of a hassle to get through threads.

For example, I saw the guy you responded to was Whiskey but can’t see his message. If he is the one who called you a snowflake, that is absolutely laughable. He is such a coward and pussy—lies his ass off and can never own anything, even when proven wrong over and over again. He writes for everyone to see that black people are violent because they are black and the statistics back it up. When it’s explained to him other factors are involved and that correlation doesn’t mean causation, he doubles down on stupid and adds to his point people are also violent in Africa.

By definition, believing certain character traits and negative behaviors are tied to a specific race is in fact racist. When this is pointed out to him he either deflects or lies by claiming he never said anything like that.

The guy is too pussy to admit what he is. And then he has the audacity to call others snowflakes. Lol. He’s a joke.

Everyone on the board should just ignore him.
You do know this is complet bullshit right? There are zero post of me saying someone is predisposed to violence due to the color of their skin. The post I made you got all butt hurt about was me saying there is violence in the black culture.

I then went on to say that is backed by data. Further, I went on to say we have a ****ed up situation where we can't even talk about it without people crying about racism, which you are now proving.

You do know this is complet bullshit right? There are zero post of me saying someone is predisposed to violence due to the color of their skin. The post I made you got all butt hurt about was me saying there is violence in the black culture.

I then went on to say that is backed by data. Further, I went on to say we have a ****ed up situation where we can't even talk about it without people crying about racism, which you are now proving.
Used to listen to NWA and the Eazy- E, memorized most of the lyrics to their albums while cruising around. Can't do that shizzle anymore.

What’s the difference if someone is called a name or if they are called an offensive name? Isnt all name calling offensive?
Let’s shut down all name calling.
Seems Huey Ghey if you ask me.

Reactions: kzoohawk80
What’s the difference if someone is called a name or if they are called an offensive name? Isnt all name calling offensive?
Some are not ok with the term snowflake but can call someone a twat? Sorry just watched The Sopranos, lol.

Yes and no.

Generally insults that target some unmalleable bit of who you are -- race, ethnicity, sex, physical or mental makeup, personal experiences -- are considered low blows and are off limits.

But simple name calling can certainly be unreasonable and destroy reasonable discussion. (although it doesn't have to -- everybody needs to be on the same page with it, though... trying to control that around here seems like a lost cause)

Yes and no.

Generally insults that target some unmalleable bit of who you are -- race, ethnicity, sex, physical or mental makeup, personal experiences -- are considered low blows and are off limits.

But simple name calling can certainly be unreasonable and destroy reasonable discussion. (although it doesn't have to -- everybody needs to be on the same page with it, though... trying to control that around here seems like a lost cause)
Yes and no.
Let’s use the word moron for example. I’m guessing most would probably consider it simple name calling. But what if you really aren’t as intelligent as others solely based on your genetics and upbringing. They didn’t choose to be a moron.
Or what if they were called a moron everyday during school growing up. Seems like a simple harmless word but after you hear it thousands of times, it may cause one to snap.

To summarize, you may think the word moron is harmless. I may think calling someone a f*g is harmless.
how about we stop all name calling.

Yes and no.
Let’s use the word moron for example. I’m guessing most would probably consider it simple name calling. But what if you really aren’t as intelligent as others solely based on your genetics and upbringing. They didn’t choose to be a moron.
Or what if they were called a moron everyday during school growing up. Seems like a simple harmless word but after you hear it thousands of times, it may cause one to snap.

To summarize, you may think the word moron is harmless. I may think calling someone a f*g is harmless.
how about we stop all name calling.
Sure. Depends on the person and the circumstance. Calling certain people a moron in certain circumstances could be considered rather mean. I generally don't do that unless I feel the person isn't actually lacking in knowledge/intelligence but rather is making unreasonable arguments. So know your context.

And of course someone can playfully use the word "fag" -- but it's generally assumed a putdown unless you're in a context in which everybody understands otherwise.

Generally calling someone a moron isn't going to be seen as cutting as "fag" -- doesn't (usually) cut as deep.

(fag = disapproval of who you are, moron = disapproval of your reasoning... again, in most contexts)

This does a good job of pointing out why I have a problem with language absolutists that don't appreciate nuance and context.

Sure. Depends on the person and the circumstance. Calling certain people a moron in certain circumstances could be considered rather mean. I generally don't do that unless I feel the person isn't actually lacking in knowledge/intelligence but rather is making unreasonable arguments. So know your context.

And of course someone can playfully use the word "fag" -- but it's generally assumed a putdown unless you're in a context in which everybody understands otherwise.

Generally calling someone a moron isn't going to be seen as cutting as "fag" -- doesn't (usually) cut as deep.

(fag = disapproval of who you are, moron = disapproval of your reasoning... in most contexts)
One would even say that it’s disrespectful when you share your thoughts and people just use the laugh emoji because they know they can’t dispute it.

One would even say that it’s disrespectful when you share your thoughts and people just use the laugh emoji because they know they can’t dispute it.
Yeah, I think it's dumb a lot of times. I'm not saying that a lot of the habits we have in discussion around here are good ones when it comes to fostering intelligent debate.

But that doesn't mean that all insults are created equal.

Yeah, I think it's dumb a lot of times. I'm not saying that a lot of the habits we have in discussion around here are good ones when it comes to fostering intelligent debate.

But that doesn't mean that all insults are created equal.
It’s pretty sad that a lot of people on here are completely closed off to others opinions.
Without actually listening to what they are saying or how they might react if they are in the same situation they automatically resort to name calling.
I saw earlier someone mentioned they had 60 people on ignore. That shows you how they find the crowd they want to be in and only agree with that crowd. Some might call that a cult behavior.

No, it’s not bullshit. Because I was the one you had the conversation with.

The data aren’t the problem. It’s your interpretation of the data that is the problem. When I corrected you on your error, you doubled and tripled down on it, then went on a ridiculous diatribe about liberal guilt and self-flogging, as if that had anything to do with our discussion.

You’re a liar, Whiskey. Plain and simple.

No, it’s not bullshit. Because I was the one you had the conversation with.

The data aren’t the problem. It’s your interpretation of the data that is the problem. When I corrected you on your error, you doubled and tripled down on it, then went on a ridiculous diatribe about liberal guilt and self-flogging, as if that had anything to do with our discussion.

You’re a liar, Whiskey. Plain and simple.
It is. Tell yourself whatever you want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT