ADVERTISEMENT

Mods mind explaining why homophobic slurs against posters is ok behavior on here?

It's weird that calling out a mod is instantly bannable but not homophobic or racial slurs.
It's obviously not instantly bannable btw or you'd be long gone. You kind of proved your own argument to be totally invalid.

Interesting thread, those that have called others names over the years are complaining.

Huey, Lucas, etc...

What a bunch of whiners.
Post any post of mine where I direct a racist, misogynistic, or LGBTQ phobic attack against anyone. Going back and forth with someone? Yeah, I do that. Called someone a moron because they posted a long defense of Brian Ferentz as OC? Yeah, I’ve done that.

Reactions: BelemNole
I called the mod feckless because he lets this homophobic stuff fester and I'm the one who got a warning and threatened with a ban.

More 420 threads are great. Better moderating would be ideal. I volunteer my services to help out.
Got a warning too.

"Offensive slurs" Is that the standard your using? I wonder why you'd use that instead of abusive or name calling. Those two have insulted me more then any two posters on here except maybe one other. Hitman should be banned but so should Chis and Huey.
Who are you?

Reactions: McLovin32
Well he’s reading this thread.
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

I love the absolute meltdown over not getting a response immediately on a Friday night/Saturday to his tantrum (not that it deserves one period, unless it's another warning). The absolute entitlement. And extra funny given the name calling you mention.
Typical Marxist losers thinking that they’re entitled to everything.

Post any post of mine where I direct a racist, misogynistic, or LGBTQ phobic attack against anyone. Going back and forth with someone? Yeah, I do that. Called someone a moron because they posted a long defense of Brian Ferentz as OC? Yeah, I’ve done that.
You know what you have done in the past. Probably best that you conveniently forget. It is okay, most know you are not a good person

• Haha
Reactions: HawkMD
Hey just a thought but if a mod sees a complaint from someone and their profile pic is a blend of the confederate and pride flag maybe they just won't take it serious and overlook it? Not defending anyone calling you the f word and any other slur but just a thought.

It's kind of like someone complaining they didn't get the job when they have 5 face tattoos and 9 face piercings and their hiring manager is a 57 year old woman named Helen.

Reactions: Scruddy
It’s hateful but protected speech.

Hey just a thought but if a mod sees a complaint from someone and their profile pic is a blend of the confederate and pride flag maybe they just won't take it serious and overlook it? Not defending anyone calling you the f word and any other slur but just a thought.

It's kind of like someone complaining they didn't get the job when they have 5 face tattoos and 9 face piercings and their hiring manager is a 57 year old woman named Helen.

See post #146. I personally don't care about the image, but if that were strictly the top of the General Lee car, posters would be offended. Expecting a response or action to your hurt feelings? Sorry. Should add that I'm not opposed to action and hope you get one.

Last edited:
Reactions: ButtersHawk
See post #146. I personally don't care about the image, but if that were strictly the top of the General Lee car, posters would be offended. Expecting a response or action to your hurt feelings? Sorry. Should add that I'm not opposed to action and hope you get one.
Exactly, I can and do condemn someone using slurs against any race or lgbtq2+ person but I should also be allowed to point out something hilarious that may be the reason you aren't getting the response you want.

I'm fine with just using the ignore button system. Let this place operate on a purely free market basis. You post something good, you get likes. You post something dumb, you get ignored. But this biased mod stuff tipping the scales has got to go.
In my left-wing libertarian heart, I agree. But if we've learned one thing this millennium it's that the free market of ideas in our age of social media fails to produce the expected positive outcomes and, instead, reinforces raw partisanship, dishonesty and violent attitudes.

In other arenas where the free market fails us - such as environmental protection, food safety, or airplane safety - we turn to government regulation to ameliorate the worst outcomes. We don't wait for the free market to decide "that's enough plane crashes, I think I'll fly a different airline (or different brand of planes)." We impose inspections and safety regulations.

Mods serve that purpose here. If they aren't doing a good job, that should be addressed.

Personal attacks are easier and quicker to pen than reasonable discourse. That's part of the reason they increase in frequency in an unfettered social media marketplace.

There was a report a couple of years ago about some "learning bot" released on social media by Microsoft (I think) that after a short time began spouting wingnut attacks and slurs. Just by learning from what was being posted. What does that tell us?

In 18 years this board has NEVER been dominated by cons let alone heavily.
I'm thinking back to the days of Pipe Daddy and Sergeant Knock. We had 1 gay guy, no admitted atheists (until I got here), multiple posters who didn't believe in evolution, and nearly everyone supported the Iraq war, saying we should kill all the ragheads and turn Muslim nations into glass parking lots.

Reactions: Joes Place
Exactly, I can and do condemn someone using slurs against any race or lgbtq2+ person but I should also be allowed to point out something hilarious that may be the reason you aren't getting the response you want.
So because I make fun of the confederate flag I deserve to be called a fggot? You sure about that? And what about Tarp? That poster has gotten shit on, too. Where are the mods then?

Thank you. Agreed, I don’t think that’s appropriate.
Although going back to November of 2023 to find an example, doesn’t make your complaint seem very timely.
The queer slander post was just a few days ago and was taken down. However the poster is still posting. How does that make sense? If the mods agree the post is so bad that it must be taken down why is the poster still able to post?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT