ADVERTISEMENT

More university censorship

St. Louis Hawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
From the left and it’s woke ideology of thought control.

Oh wait …

Usual suspects will be here shortly to condemn this I’m sure

Texas A&M being a public university, does this not fall under first amendment rights? (honestly not sure, plz don't be mean.)
It addresses that in the article. It also goes so far as to not put the language she used to get herself in trouble but acknowledges she knew she was in major trouble ""I am in a ton of trouble. Please call me!” she wrote to Chandler Self, the UTMB professor who invited her to speak." Prior to ever knowing the accusations.

Feel free to place your bet however you want but I've seen this movie enough hold my bet until we all inevitably say "that will do it" when we learn her words.

It addresses that in the article. It also goes so far as to not put the language she used to get herself in trouble but acknowledges she knew she was in major trouble ""I am in a ton of trouble. Please call me!” she wrote to Chandler Self, the UTMB professor who invited her to speak." Prior to ever knowing the accusations.

Feel free to place your bet however you want but I've seen this movie enough hold my bet until we all inevitably say "that will do it" when we learn her words.
Who cares what she said? Can’t criticize elected officials?

Texas A&M being a public university, does this not fall under first amendment rights? (honestly not sure, plz don't be mean.)
Yep.

Wouldn't matter if it was a private university, if it is a politician muzzling the speech.

Sounds like an incredibly egregious violation of her right to free speech. Criticize a public official? Really? I struggle to understand what she could've said that would lead to a legitimate termination.

Unless they've found some legal pathway to do this given that she's a state employee.

Like the FIRE attorney mentioned, terrible chilling effect. (And effectively an abuse of power)

I suppose this is what we're heading towards now. State level meddling in public education that DeSantis helped popularize.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT