ADVERTISEMENT

Moss Interest.. Hes not leaving to be the guy..

If Moss visits either of these three schools, he should never be welcomed in Iowa City again. Ever.

I like Moss. But if he does take these visits, I will hope that he fails his last class and is not allowed to grad transfer. And then be rendered to DII schools.

Something seems off here. Our only hope are one of two things, Fran has a huge get coming and it hasn't been announced yet(very unlikely). Or CJ has been killing it in practice, and Moss saw the writing on the wall...? Let's hope it is both!

It seems more and more likely that Moss realized he was going to lose time to a player he faced s year in practice. And that is a good thing for Iowa.

We had a number of guys bump up their stats in the last 10 minutes of games when we were down by 20 or 30

My guess as to why Moss is leaving (purely a guess) is that his best player-coach relationship was with coach Francis.

If that were the case, he would follow coach to Cal. If he truly meant that much he would be going there.

What was Okey's story again? Why did he transfer here?
He wanted out of Wisconsin as he didn’t get along with Bennett and he had a really good relationship with Dr. Tom from his recruitment. He transferred mid year and could have played a whole season if he took a full redshirt during his fourth year. But he decided to start playing as soon as he was eligible at the start of 2nd semester. Then he got injured 7 games in and his career was over. Too bad as he was a really good player.

He wanted out of Wisconsin as he didn’t get along with Bennett and he had a really good relationship with Dr. Tom from his recruitment. He transferred mid year and could have played a whole season if he took a full redshirt during his fourth year. But he decided to start playing as soon as he was eligible at the start of 2nd semester. Then he got injured 7 games in and his career was over. Too bad as he was a really good player.

I think he nearly went to Iowa right out of high school but opted for WI instead. Played high school ball at Cassville, WI; right across the border from IA on the Mississippi River. I believe, but am not certain, that he actually was from the IA side of the river but that Cassville was the closest high school - not entirely sure of that though. An extreme talent and highly recruited player from an extremely rural area on the IA-WI border; go figure.

From many accounts, he was unfocused when it came to hoops and enjoyed the social side of college more than what would have advanced his basketball career.

My guess as to why Moss is leaving (purely a guess) is that his best player-coach relationship was with coach Francis.
Rumor in Chicago is that he did not get along with the head coach. Probably BS, but in the stands around AAU games that is being said.

Pretty simple solution for Moss. Show up in more than 30% of the games you play and you will have a bigger role. I don't blame him as Connor got a lot of PT while he sat in second halves and suspect he saw his role diminishing more next season. With that being said he isn't going to become quicker, a better ball handler or better off the bounce so he will be a 3-point or bust guy. Not sure what larger role he envisions when he has had no competition for a starting spot.

If Ike was such a bum why are these schools even interested?
If Ike is so horrible why did he start for three seasons at Iowa?
Making 43 per cent from the arc must be easy if a bum like Ike can do it.

He’s not a bum. But he’s not a particularly good Big Ten player either. I have seen many people on here disparage Dailey and Ellingson and Ogelsby as Wing players for the Hawks over the years. Saying they are low-to-mid major players and proof if Fran’s inability to recruit. While I don’t necessarily disagree with some of those assertions, Moss is not that much better of a player then those guys. Like Skydog and ihawkshoops said above, he is a one dimensional player who didnt show up in games more then he did.

It’s fine that he wants a bigger role and it’s nice that he is getting some interest but most of that interest isn’t even visits yet and if he (and some of the fans so worried about him looking at these places) thinks he is going to go and have a huge impact, they are likely to be disappointed (much as we fans were with him the majority of the time the last 3 years). He’s not going to magically fix all of his flaws. Some of you fans act like he didn’t get a chance at Iowa. He averaged over 20 minutes a game and started for 3 years. He had a lot of chances, he just didn’t take advantage of them.

I have seen many people on here disparage Dailey and Ellingson and Ogelsby as Wing players for the Hawks over the years. Saying they are low-to-mid major players and proof if Fran’s inability to recruit. While I don’t necessarily disagree with some of those assertions, Moss is not that much better of a player then those guys.

Get out of here with that bullshit.

Ellingson managed #33 in the nation in Offensive Efficiency last year. (‘course, that was in the MVC)

Rumor in Chicago is that he did not get along with the head coach. Probably BS, but in the stands around AAU games that is being said.
not getting playing time = not getting along with coach.

Objectively, Moss didn't play a lot of crunch time minutes last year and we have two guards coming in who will probably get minutes. Those are sound reasons for a transfer. If Moss hated Fran that much, why did he stay FOUR years. Idk why we keep adding fuel to this idea that the program is imploding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT